Wiki Posts
Search

400 Iberia Avios with Halo app

Search this Thread

Old Jan 7, 2015, 3:17 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC

Iberia advertise on their website that you can get 400 free Avios points for downloading the Halo app.

http://www.iberia.com/web/webPartner...dOferta=249806

When I download the English version of the Halo app there is no option to enter my Iberia Plus number and receive the Avios points. Has anyone outside Spain managed to obtain the 400 Avios?
Old Jan 8, 2015, 7:20 am

Programs: All Expired... :-(
Angry Don't bother, yet another rubbish service

I installed it and like you I couldn't see where to add by IB+ number. I added my Spanish credit card details to see if that would make it appear, but it didn't and they charged me 1 GBP which means I will get foreign currency charges. I'm fuming and I will not use this service.
Old Jan 10, 2015, 5:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, BA, Mucci: Sir Roger des Directions Routières, PCR
Did you see this? https://www.hailocab.com/madrid/blog...lo-Iberia-Plus

My Spanish isn't great. Google Translate suggests
If you register your Iberia Plus card in your profile Hailo you'll get Avios for all Hailo taxis to hop in Spain
I'm wondering if this is a Spain-only promotion.
Old Jan 11, 2015, 5:11 am

I thought this was only working for members who had their iTunes account in Spain as it downloads a Spanish version of the App.
Old Jan 16, 2015, 7:26 am

To add your IB number the Hailo app must believe you're actually in Madrid or Barcelona. On android you can enable mock locations to do this. I'm not sure you can do it in iOS easily.
Old Jan 16, 2015, 12:34 pm

Programs: Priority Club, TAM Fidelidade, BAEC, Marriott Rewards
Thanks much, that's exactly how it works: need to use Fake GPS and then you can add your Iberia+ number, on the English language app.
Now waiting for the points to post...
Old Jan 18, 2015, 12:04 pm

Originally Posted by neuromancer
Thanks much, that's exactly how it works: need to use Fake GPS and then you can add your Iberia+ number, on the English language app.
Now waiting for the points to post...
The Iberia page isn't very clear but I *strongly* suspect you won't get any points unless you actually use a taxi in Madrid or Barcelona. From a commercial point of view it doesn't make sense for Hailo to pay Iberia just for people putting their Iberia number into the app. But they have tons of coupon codes that pay off on the first use of Hailo so that would be totally in keeping with their other marketing.
Old Jan 19, 2015, 3:21 am

Programs: IB+, BAEC
Originally Posted by zkzkz
The Iberia page isn't very clear but I *strongly* suspect you won't get any points unless you actually use a taxi in Madrid or Barcelona. From a commercial point of view it doesn't make sense for Hailo to pay Iberia just for people putting their Iberia number into the app. But they have tons of coupon codes that pay off on the first use of Hailo so that would be totally in keeping with their other marketing.
I suspect this is the case as well. I live in Madrid so it's quite easy, but I am just waiting for the next round of the promotion to use partners for a bonus.
Old Jan 20, 2015, 1:59 am
Original Poster

Has anybody managed to do this with an iPhone/iPad? I have been looking for a good app to fake my GPS, but have not found anything thus far....
Old Feb 3, 2015, 10:07 am

Programs: IB+, BAEC
I have an android and I just got the 400. I figured you would have had to put card info in or make a first purchase but I just put my info in so I could get it later when I needed a taxi and I got the avios a week later.

I am in Madrid and I use the Spanish Google Play store if that matters.
Old Feb 5, 2015, 9:21 pm

Did it from canada and got my 400 avios posted to my account, used the fake gps app on my android phone, setup for it to muck my location to madrid, added my ib plus number in hailo and points posted about 1 week after with no purchase or setting foot in spain.
Old Feb 6, 2015, 2:41 am
Original Poster

Excellent work, but you have also been unlucky - the offer seems to have just gone up to 1,000 Avios points, expiring 27th February. http://www.iberia.com/web/webPartner...dOferta=252501
Old Feb 19, 2015, 11:23 am

1000 points on Hailo... if you're 'in' Spain

What a faff! Took me ages to get Hailo to work on my old Android as it had run out of space and I had to upgrade Google Playstore to get Hailo to work. Eventually all installed, then I added the 'Fake GPS' app. Moved my location to Barcelona then click 'Start'.
I then signed up to Hailo with a new email address and phone number (it might work with your existing one) and in Profile I saw a new field for my Iberia Plus code.
I've yet to see how long it takes to post to Iberia but it does indeed seem possible.
Old Feb 19, 2015, 10:52 pm

Programs: AA EXP OWE, DL DM ST+, AS MVPG, UA, BA, WN CP, Hyatt E, Ritz Plat, HH GM
Just did it with Fake GPS and Hailo, had a spot to enter my IB number in profile and said it was linked.
Old Feb 20, 2015, 1:30 pm

Originally Posted by zkzkz
The Iberia page isn't very clear but I *strongly* suspect you won't get any points unless you actually use a taxi in Madrid or Barcelona.
Well I'll gladly eat my words on this. I got my 400 Iberia Avios even though I haven't used Hailo in Madrid or Barcelona since entering the code. (I have used it in the past in Madrid though so not sure if that affected anything.)

But yay, I can now transfer Avios between Iberia and BA. Thanks Hailo.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.