Search

OLCI Hell

Search this Thread

Old Dec 12, 2014, 10:22 am
Original Poster

Programs: SPG Gold, QR Silver, CX Gold, AMEX Plat, AMEX Gold
OLCI Hell

Is this usual?

Bought Y itenerary, LHR-MAD-SCL-ZCO. LHR-MAD BA and then MAD-SCL-ZCO on LAN.

Iberai: OLCI not possible.

LAN: OCLI only possible for SCL-ZCO

BA: Checking only possible for LHR-MAD, partner not able to checkin!
Old Dec 12, 2014, 11:42 pm

Programs: IB+, BAEC
Assuming it's a codeshare. Yeah, it's normal. Weird things tend to happen.
Old Dec 14, 2014, 9:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Why would you want IB check-in for a LAN flight? Or are you flying on IB metal?

If that's the case, you're probably actually better off being checked in by a human being, rather than the computer giving you a middle seat at the back. (since you can't select your own seat at OLCI with IB, unless you have status or are booked in J)
Old Jan 1, 2015, 6:59 am

Programs: BA Gold, Priority Club Gold, Accor Silver, Virgin Australia Gold
I just wish for 2015 IB and BA get their act together on Pnrs and such where flying on IB metal but sold under BA and the other way around. Another torgerous time spent at IB check in this morn at Barajas with the usual surly attitide of IB staffs. Here is the thing if you don't want customer job get another. Just sick of it frankly. And remain chessed off with Madrid fast track rules....time we ensured that it is recipical at LHR for iberia status holders.
Old Jan 1, 2015, 8:26 am
Original Poster

Programs: SPG Gold, QR Silver, CX Gold, AMEX Plat, AMEX Gold
Just back from my trip.

Total chaos. Even though I could not use OLCI, when I arrived at Heathrow they said that we had been checked in. Assigned different seats so could not sit together. This was IB marketed with BA metal. Then second flight was IB marketed and LAN metal. LAN wouldnt allow use of OLCI as IB marketed which meant that we could not select seats and when we arrived at the airport had to settle with separate seats again. For internal flights within Chile the same thing happened, though they insisted that we can use OLCI....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.