Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Iberia Airlines | Iberia Plus
Reload this Page >

Best economy seat in Iberia Airbus 340-600

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 14, 2014, 10:45 am
Original Poster

Programs: AAdvantage PLA

I have just arrived to MAD from EZE in Iberias' new Airbus 340-600. I had reserved seat 40C which would be the equivalent to 31B in American Airlines' 777-200 (i.e. emergency exit with no seat in front and near toilette). When I arrived to EZE, however, the seat had been taken, but the guy at the counter offered me seat 52D. He told me it was in the back of the plane but had no seat in front of it. I did not understand it until I get to it.

Seat 52D is an aisle seat in the middle row of seats but the row in from of it only has two seats E and H, as seat 51D is missing. This makes seat 52D have a great legroom with the plus that only one of its armrests is fixed and that, at least during my flight, people did not stand in front of me when waiting to use the toilettes (as opposed to seat 40C in this plane or 31B in the 777-200).

True, the downside is that you are in the second to last row of the aircraft, which means a slow exit once you have arrived at your destination, but I think the pros are more than the cons.

Regards,

Alex

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.