Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Iberia partnership with booking.com

Search this Thread

Old Jul 28, 2014, 10:49 am
Original Poster

Iberia partnership with booking.com

What is the Avios earning rate for hotel bookings through Iberia? Cannot seem to find this information on their lousy website.
Old Jul 30, 2014, 4:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Website is indeed lousy. I looked around the Spanish version and couldn't find anything.

You can always make a refundable booking and find out whether somewhere along the way it tells you how many Avios you'll earn.

It's been years and years since I last used Iberia hotels (it was run by somebody else before booking.com) and the earning rate was rubbish then.

Hotels.com with the 1 free night per 10, plus a cashback website is going to be much better value.
Old Jul 30, 2014, 12:33 pm

Programs: MUCCI
Or booking.com via a cashback site, if the rate is better or property only available on booking.com
Old Aug 1, 2014, 4:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, BA, Mucci: Sir Roger des Directions Routičres, PCR
Interesting thread, but I'm puzzled.

How can I earn Avios when booking at booking.com? There doesn't seem to be a space to enter my IB number. Perhaps I'm looking at the wrong booking.com website?

Thanks.
Old Aug 1, 2014, 5:28 am

Programs: IB+, BAEC
From the main IB website, you can select to search from hotels right below the flight search option. It then turns into a a booking.com search.
Old Aug 5, 2014, 9:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, BA, Mucci: Sir Roger des Directions Routičres, PCR
Thanks.

I tried a dummy IB booking and got to the payment page without finding a hotel option.

But what I was looking for, inspired by MileStalker's post, was making a hotel reservation at booking.com and earning Avios. I'm guessing that's not possible.

And still we don't know the earning rate.
Old Aug 13, 2014, 3:47 am

It's a shame things like this aren't clear. I don't even know what's the right CS number to call to clear this up.
Old Aug 13, 2014, 4:42 am

Programs: IB+, BAEC
Originally Posted by Roger
Thanks.

I tried a dummy IB booking and got to the payment page without finding a hotel option.

But what I was looking for, inspired by MileStalker's post, was making a hotel reservation at booking.com and earning Avios. I'm guessing that's not possible.

And still we don't know the earning rate.
If you select a hotel booking directly from iberia.com, it does do a booking search and is a reservation at booking.com. It's just through the IB portal. It does get avios according to what the IB site says, but nobody knows how much.
Old Aug 13, 2014, 5:45 am

Programs: MUCCI
Aegean have a semi-similar setup with booking.com, but they never posted.

Booking.com is on the cashback sites, I would stick to that. (I'm confident it will also get more than the value of any Avios you would earn - however many that might hypothetically be)
Old Aug 19, 2014, 5:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Just received a junk email from Iberia. 1 Avios per euro spent on a hotel.

As mentioned, cashback is a much much better idea...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.