Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Infant business award

Search this Thread

Old Jul 17, 2014, 10:20 am
Original Poster

Infant business award

I am looking to book some award flights in business Iberia (JFK-MAD and MAD-EAS). Will have an infant with us. 10% of the fare is little less than the BA taxes, so I think it makes sense to book through Iberia. However, if I do that, will the infant fare be refundable like the rest of the award ticket, or is the infant ticket considered a regular non-refundable ticket? If the latter, and I book through BA instead, I would assume it IS refundable since it's a real award ticket. I am booking nearly a year out, so there is a reasonable chance the trip doesn't happen.
Old Jul 17, 2014, 12:47 pm

Programs: IB+, BAEC
It should be a refundable award ticket as it is also booked with Avios.
Old Jul 17, 2014, 1:13 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by LupineChemist
It should be a refundable award ticket as it is also booked with Avios.
The infant portion of the ticket, however, is not at all booked with avios. So is it considered a fee on the initial ticket (which I think would be refundable), or a separate ticket?
Old Jul 17, 2014, 1:51 pm

Programs: IB+, BAEC
Well the solution here is simple. Read the fare conditions.
Old Jul 22, 2014, 1:23 am

Programs: IB Platino (OW Emerald), AZ Freccia Alata (ST Elite Plus), Priority Club Gold, Sol Melia Gold
Infant tickets are available on many buckets just call Iberia and buy one that suits with your needs but bear in mind two things: i) infants cannont be ticketed in coach if parents are travelling in business class and ii) if you want a flex infant biz ticket you'll pay 10% of the full fare.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.