Search

Iberia Ticket with LAN

Search this Thread

Old Jul 13, 2014, 8:59 pm
Original Poster

Programs: SPG Gold, QR Silver, CX Gold, AMEX Plat, AMEX Gold
Iberia Ticket with LAN

Hi,

I purchased a ticket which is booked through with Iberia and then MAD-SCL is on LAN. Whose seat selection policy would apply? Iberia Manage Booking gives an error and LAN MB says flight not operated by LAN! LHR-MAD and then MAD-LHR operated by BA on the same ticket but IB flight number, had no problem selecting seats as OW Sapphire.
Old Jul 14, 2014, 10:05 pm
Ambassador: LATAM

Programs: BAEC Silver
BA and Iberia seem to play along nicer.

To use MMB on LAN you will need to find the LA SABRE reservation code. If you go into checkmytrip.com with your IB PNR then it should be in there somewhere as the operating airline's PNR
Old Jul 15, 2014, 6:29 pm
Original Poster

Programs: SPG Gold, QR Silver, CX Gold, AMEX Plat, AMEX Gold
Hi, thanks for this. I couldnt find anything on checkmytrip but I found a LAN reservation code in the receipt of my purchase. It brings me to the same screen in the LAN MMB saying that the flights are not operated by LAN.
Old Jul 16, 2014, 6:34 am

Programs: AF/KL Plat, AA Plat, HH Diamond
I had the same issue very recently. I called LAN with the tix number, they could see the reservation but could not pre-assign a seat.
At OLCI, I was assigned an exit row aisle seat (I an OW Emerald), but had no option to change it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.