Wiki Posts
Search

retrocrediting avios for cathay flights

Search this Thread

Old Dec 25, 2013, 2:03 am
Original Poster

Programs: thai, virgin, emirates, priority club
retrocrediting avios for cathay flights

last month, i flew lhr-hkg-can and can-hkg-lhr with a CX code on flights operated by cathay pacific (long sectors) and dragonair (short sectors). the boarding pass for each outbound flight shows IB but no number (despite an attempt by the gate agent to add it), while the boarding pass for each inbound flight shows my IB number. no points have posted.

from the wording below, i can use the iberia plus website to request retrocredit for flights operated by certain airlines, of which neither cathay pacific nor dragonair are mentioned. what is the best way to make a claim? am i likely to have better luck asking for retrocredit from british airways executive club or, given that my boarding passes all show IB (albeit two of them without a number), is this not an option?

Request the crediting of Avios pending annotation for flights operated or marketed by Iberia group (Iberia, Iberia Express and Iberia Regional/ Air Nostrum), Air Berlin (and its subsidiary Niki Airlines), American Airlines, British Airways, Malaysian Airlines, GOL and S7 Airlines (and its subsidiary Globus LLC)*.

ian.
Old Dec 25, 2013, 4:48 pm

Those airlines are the ones where you can use the online form for claiming any missing miles while for other airlines you should send a mail to [email protected] including the scanned image of the boarding passes along with the date, flight no. and e-ticket number.

The subject of the mail must be just your IB Plus number as otherwise they won't acknowledge the claim.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.