Earn 15 000 Avios with partners

Old Jun 20, 2013, 6:27 am

Melia points.

Good spot!

You can currently sign-up free and get 2,000 points free!

So not even 8 euro
Old Jun 20, 2013, 6:56 am

Programs: SK Gold, ITA Executive, Sixt Diamond, Hertz PC, Avis PC, IHG Platinum
.. . .. ..

Last edited by jms_uk; Jun 20, 2013 at 7:08 am
Old Jun 20, 2013, 7:38 am

Originally Posted by flygod
Melia points.

Good spot!

You can currently sign-up free and get 2,000 points free!

So not even 8 euro
Unfortunately, Melia is only good for existing accounts.

"The bonus points you earn when you sign up for the programme cannot be transferred."
Old Jun 20, 2013, 7:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Cool

Originally Posted by Concerto
Is anyone actually going for this Iberia promotion? I could just about get up to 8 partners, at a push, but I think it would be tricky to make it to 10. Anyway, last year when I bought fuel at Repsol, my card would never swipe. I asked Iberia for a new one, but they never sent it.
15,000 is nice to have, but probably not worth going way out of your way for though... It does seem a bit harder this year than prior years and you almost definitely have to be resident or Spain (or visit Spain during the 2 months). Anyhow I should get my 10 from...

Sheffield - sign up for a brochure
Todovino - bought 6 bottles of plonk
Cinesa - will go watch a movie at some point, even though I hate dubbed movies
Repsol - easy enough (if your card works), although Repsol is usually more expensive than other petrol stations in Spain.
Outlet village - worth a visit occasionally and I can usually find something worth buying...
Cortefiel - can usually get 12 euros worth of socks or something worthwhile
Melia - bought points and transferred over
SPG - changed my earning to IB+ for a 1 night stay I already had planned
Accor - 1 night stay booked ages ago (and points move automatically to IB+ thanks to last year's promo) so that's lucky
IHG - need a night near CDG in July so the Holiday Inn it is - besides Raffles has posted loads of new bonus point codes so that makes it worthwhile on its own account...

I usually have to rent a car or two but it doesn't seem necessary this time...
Old Jun 20, 2013, 2:49 pm

Programs: Iberia, BAEC GOLD/ Priority Club : ROYAL Amb / Miles and More: SEN
Originally Posted by craigthemif
IHG - need a night near CDG in July so the Holiday Inn it is - besides Raffles has posted loads of new bonus point codes so that makes it worthwhile on its own account...
What do the promotion codes give on extra Avios? I thought it was only for the hotel priority points.
Old Jun 21, 2013, 2:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by mgo72
What do the promotion codes give on extra Avios? I thought it was only for the hotel priority points.
It is only hotel points, which might accumulate to close to a free night elsewhere...
Old Jun 21, 2013, 4:45 pm
nsx
Moderator: Southwest Airlines, Capital One
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: WN Companion Pass, A-list preferred, Hyatt Globalist; United Club Lietime (sic) Member
Originally Posted by Hannibal Lecter
Similar to the Campaign they did last year, one of the differences however is that you can also earn 15 Avios with Facebook, good for those who need to activate an account.
Has anyone seen the 15 points post? The promo description says that they will post them every week, but so far I've seen nada.
Old Jun 21, 2013, 7:44 pm

Programs: Priority Club, TAM Fidelidade, BAEC, Marriott Rewards
Me neither, and more than a week has passed since I did this.
Old Jun 22, 2013, 4:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
15,000 is nice to have, but probably not worth going way out of your way for though... It does seem a bit harder this year than prior years and you almost definitely have to be resident or Spain (or visit Spain during the 2 months). Anyhow I should get my 10 from...

Sheffield - sign up for a brochure
Todovino - bought 6 bottles of plonk
Cinesa - will go watch a movie at some point, even though I hate dubbed movies
Repsol - easy enough (if your card works), although Repsol is usually more expensive than other petrol stations in Spain.
Outlet village - worth a visit occasionally and I can usually find something worth buying...
Cortefiel - can usually get 12 euros worth of socks or something worthwhile
Melia - bought points and transferred over
SPG - changed my earning to IB+ for a 1 night stay I already had planned
Accor - 1 night stay booked ages ago (and points move automatically to IB+ thanks to last year's promo) so that's lucky

I usually have to rent a car or two but it doesn't seem necessary this time...
Great list, was wondering what we could add to it!

How do you get IHG to work? I was fishing around in there tonight, and couldn't see any way to convert points to Iberia's programme. Don't really have a lot of hotel stays coming up, so the only card I have got to play here is the Melia Rewards one.
Are car rentals fairly reliable with posting?
Old Jun 23, 2013, 12:13 am

Programs: IB+ PriorityClub AMEX-MR
How do you get IHG to work? I was fishing around in there tonight, and couldn't see any way to convert points to Iberia's programme.
Your IHG earning preference has to be Iberia miles at the point you stay at the hotel. Unlike BAEC, you can't transfer points to IB+ after the event.
Are car rentals fairly reliable with posting?
Yes, in my experience (Avis). Usually posts within a few days.
Old Jun 23, 2013, 3:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
Ah, I get it! The only thing, does that mean that all my existing points at IHG will be converted as well?
Old Jun 23, 2013, 6:10 am

Programs: IB+ PriorityClub AMEX-MR
Ah, I get it! The only thing, does that mean that all my existing points at IHG will be converted as well?
No. You change your earning preference to miles and any new stays will post to your Iberia account until you change earning preference again. The points you already have on the account will stay there.
Old Jun 24, 2013, 2:28 pm

Programs: BA GGL IHG PlatAMB HH Dia
Can now anyone see this promo under "my promotions" in the IB-Account?
Old Jun 25, 2013, 4:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Seems the first batch of 15 points for the Facebook app have come through...
Old Jun 25, 2013, 5:23 am
nsx
Moderator: Southwest Airlines, Capital One
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: WN Companion Pass, A-list preferred, Hyatt Globalist; United Club Lietime (sic) Member
Seems the first batch of 15 points for the Facebook app have come through...
Yippee! I got mine too! My IB+ account is now activated, just in time to link it to my BA account. Now I will be able to transfer Chase Ultimate Rewards points to IB+ via BA.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.