Search

Iberia Express baggage fees

Search this Thread

Old Mar 17, 2013, 11:43 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Programs: AA,RR,NW,Delta ,UA,CO
Iberia Express baggage fees

I have looked and looked at the website and I am still not sure what the fees are.

MAD-SVQ - it looks like Express flights (3xxx) get zero pieces of luggage. Is it 12E for one piece if paid at time of booking, 60E if paid at checkin?

I can't find non-Express flights in both directions. If it's 60E each way for one checked bag, then I think I may as well take the train.
Old Mar 18, 2013, 6:45 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by chollie
I have looked and looked at the website and I am still not sure what the fees are.

MAD-SVQ - it looks like Express flights (3xxx) get zero pieces of luggage. Is it 12E for one piece if paid at time of booking, 60E if paid at checkin?

I can't find non-Express flights in both directions. If it's 60E each way for one checked bag, then I think I may as well take the train.

Other than Business, the most expensive Economy classes (Estandar and Flex) or connecting to/from an Iberia mainline flight (whose allowance prevails)

For domestic flights:

12 Euro if you add 1 piece during online check-in.
24 Euro if you check-in at the airport.
Old Mar 20, 2013, 2:30 pm

If you book with on iberia.com instead of iberiaexpress.com the flight will have IB code
and you can take 1 bag for free, and one additional bag if you're Emerald
Old Mar 20, 2013, 5:49 pm

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by Hannibal Lecter
If you book with on iberia.com instead of iberiaexpress.com the flight will have IB code
and you can take 1 bag for free, and one additional bag if you're Emerald

I don´t think that is the case any longer, iberia.com seems to confirm this; the new Emerald extra does apply though as with any other flight.
Old Mar 21, 2013, 5:08 am

Originally Posted by Travellair
I don´t think that is the case any longer, iberia.com seems to confirm this; the new Emerald extra does apply though as with any other flight.
Hm... looks like you're right, it "only" applies for domestic flights though.

Tourist Express (domestic flights) (5)

(5) IB code flights from 3600 to 3999 (operated by Iberia Express). 0 standard item

http://www.iberia.com/luggage/allowance-in-hold/

When I make a dummy booking Mad-ALC it says

Baggage in hold:
On payment
Old Mar 13, 2014, 5:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
Well, now you need to know that it €30 if you pay to check it in at the airport, €15 if you do it online. Fell well and truly into the trap last week, and it really annoyed me.
Old Mar 14, 2014, 10:49 am

Originally Posted by Concerto
Well, now you need to know that it €30 if you pay to check it in at the airport, €15 if you do it online. Fell well and truly into the trap last week, and it really annoyed me.

IF you had read the posts in this thread it should not have come as a surprise to you

In particular post #2

Originally Posted by Travellair
Other than Business, the most expensive Economy classes (Estandar and Flex) or connecting to/from an Iberia mainline flight (whose allowance prevails)

For domestic flights:

12 Euro if you add 1 piece during online check-in.
24 Euro if you check-in at the airport
Old Mar 30, 2016, 6:05 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, AA Gold, FB Gold, ITA Volare Executive
Fees for Oneworld Emerald

Okay, so I'm looking at some dirt-cheap MAD-LIS flights; want to book for myself and spouse (I'm AA Exec Plat she's AA Plat, which I think makes us oneworld Emerald and -- what? -- Sapphire?)

Anyhow, in Economy, on Iberia Express, does this get us out of any of the cabin or hold baggage fees?
Old Mar 30, 2016, 12:16 pm

Old Mar 30, 2016, 1:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BA, AF
On 'dirt cheap' "Basic" fares you are allowed 1 piece at 32kgs each by virtue of status.
Old Mar 31, 2016, 8:51 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, AA Gold, FB Gold, ITA Volare Executive
Thanks for the responses. I think I am (was) confused by the "additional" terminology, since Iberia Express seems to promise nothing (no cabin carry-ons, no checked bags) without paying.

So I read the responses as suggesting that we would each be able to check one bag -- in our cases the kind of small bags that we usually carry on.

As for any carry-on anything else -- purse, computer bag -- it would have to be super-small ... ? Or non-existent?
Old Mar 31, 2016, 9:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BA, AF
Carry-on baggage is as "normal" on I2 - 1 carry-on and 1 personal item, for everyone.

1 additional piece refers to an additional piece over your base allowance - which is 0 for Basic tickets.
Old Mar 31, 2016, 9:57 am

Originally Posted by Biggie Fries
Thanks for the responses. I think I am (was) confused by the "additional" terminology, since Iberia Express seems to promise nothing (no cabin carry-ons, no checked bags) without paying.
Dont worry that terminology throws quite a few. Something along the lines of
''Fares which have no baggage allowance will still get 1 bag at 32KG. '' would be beneficial for people who are not used to the product.
Old Mar 31, 2016, 10:38 am

Originally Posted by DELLAS
Dont worry that terminology throws quite a few.
Yes. However, if you open your booking on iberia.com you can click on each flight and see each passenger's baggage allowance:
Attached Images  
Old Mar 31, 2016, 3:44 pm

Just checked a few of my bookings with HBO and surprise as usual it does not state it. IB IT at its best

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.