Old Aug 13, 2013, 8:03 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Prospero
Seat maps for the A330-200, A330-300, and A340-600
(update 15 Dec 2019)

Notes (applicable to all three aircraft types):
Business Plus cabins: window seats are even numbered; honeymoon pairs are odd numbered;
The row numbering sequence avoids the use of number 13

Aircraft movements
A330-200
EC-MIL(click for flight history)
EC-MJA(click for flight history)
EC-MJT(click for flight history)
EC-MKI (click for flight history)
EC-MKJ (click for flight history)
EC-MLB (click for flight history)
EC-MLP(click for flight history)

A330-300
MSN 1377, 17 Jan 2013: EC-LUB
MSN 1385, 11 Feb 2013: EC-LUK
MSN 1405, 4 Apr 2013: EC-LUX
MSN 1426, 13 Jun 2013: EC-LXK
MSN 1437, 17 Jul 2013: EC-LYF
MSN 1490, 24 Jan 2014: EC-LZJ
MSN 1507, 17 Mar 2014 : EC-LZX
MSN 1515, 22 April 2014 : EC-MAA

A340-600
MSN 1079: EC-LEV(click for flight history)
MSN 0960: EC-LEU (click for flight history)
MSN 0341: EC-INO (click for flight history)
MSN 1122: EC-LFS (click for flight history)
MSN 0440: EC-IOB (click for flight history)
MSN 0720: EC-JLE (click for flight history)
MSN 0460: EC-IQR (click for flight history)
MSN 0744: EC-JPU (click for flight history)
MSN 0993: EC-LCZ (click for flight history)
MSN 0661: EC-IZX (click for flight history)
MSN 0606: EC-JBA (click for flight history)
MSN 0604: EC-IZY (click for flight history)
MSN 0616: EC-JCY (click for flight history)
MSN 0619: EC-JCZ (click for flight history)
MSN 0672: EC-JFX(click for flight history)
Print Wikipost

New Business Plus Class (A330, A340)

Old Apr 27, 2015, 11:15 am

Programs: BA & QR
Very nice summary, thx for sharing.

Originally Posted by JDiver
We flew IB6251 MAD-JFK on April 23.

One departure runway is closed at MAD, so departures are under ground control delays; we left nearly an hour late.

My observations of the A330-302 MSN 1835 EC-LUK "Costa Rica" 36 seat Business Plus cabin and experience:

Boarding was fast and easy, but we had to be assertive with the cloud of "gate lice" crowding the gate, even though they were seated far back and had higher boarding group numbers. Con permiso!

The overhead baggage bins in Business had been closed, and were quite spacious; unlike many aircraft out there, the middle bins are just as capacious as the side bins. They are high, so shorter passengers will have a challenge.

Once we were seated the Flight attendants promptly picked up coats for storage in the aft hanging lockers. Pre-departure beverages (including a fresh-tasting, uncomplicated cava) were served, menus and amenity kits were dispensed.

The Purser was very attentive and personable. She spent time with each Business passenger three times during the flight, starting by taking meal preferences on her tablet, explaining Iberia Plus and signing up a couple of passengers on the spot using her tablet, and ending by soliciting feedback and thanking each and every one of us (in Castilian or English).

Flight attendants were thorough and offered from the wine selection at least four times prior to and during lunch, afterwards making two runs with after dinner wines, digestifs, etc. They also offered beverages during the pre-arrival refrigerio service. A bottle of purified spring water was handed out as well.

We booked 7E and G, "honeymoon" seats (198 cm / 78" by 66 cm / 26") at the aft of the main J cabin, as those were the ones available and we preferred both being seated close to each other and having side consoles to protect us from being hit by careless passengers transiting narrow aisles. An attendant lowered the barrier separating the two seats for our comfort; the remaining barrier was perhaps 30 cm high.

We did experience some noise from the galleys aft of us, as well as a clinking sound I identified as metal hangers used in the coat closets. This is a deficiency of these seats, but not a major one.

1E, G at the bulkhead seemed to have significantly shallower foot pockets; fully flat passengers who are tall will not be happy to have this added to noise from the fore galleys. These seats are not STCd for storage in these hollows in the bulkhead, so all hand baggage must go into the overhead compartments.

I like the new business class, though in full upright position, it's less comfortable. He lack of position able footrests (the footbox and lower surface suffice for foot and leg resting) is different, and it may be a very short flyer might find little leg support and the footbox edge just supporting their feet. I found the footbox spacious, though with my size 12W / 45 shoes, not overly generous.

The seat was OK in most positions, even for someone 6'4" / 193 cm, and very easy to operate with intuitive, well illustrated and backlit controls. Moving the seat forward or back is possible, useful for viewing the large built-in LCD flat screen AVOD system, operable iir with touch screen or handset, and for eating from the fore-and-aft fixed spacious and sturdy seat table that wings 90 degrees from its secured position against the seat fore bulkhead. The seat becomes, of course, a fully horizontal bed; console armrests can be lowered for convenience.

Lighting is good, the ceiling light operated by a button next to seat controls and another on the handset - but the backlit logos aren't very large, or visible when lights are on and the handset is fastened by your side, so it's easy to push the FA call button instead. Power is provided by a multi plug (US, Euro, Aus/China, UK) providing, it appeared, 110 VAC and USB 5 VDC as well.

There is small item storage at your hip side by the console tray, and iirc there's a small flat storafpge area below the AVOD LCD. The AVOD system offers a number of options including somewhat interactive moving map that's quite good, but the A340 "tailcam" seems to be missing.

I'll post wines and menu soon.

The salad and starters were good, the chicken verging on dry but palatable, the vegetables overcooked considerably; the mango cake was very nice. The pre-arrival was a nice snack.

All in all, it was a pleasant flight with comfort, good service and food and beverage service. As a very long time AA flyer (who also remembers the IB 747-200s LAX-MAD), I can say that IB service gas genuinely improved over the years, and that I'd rather fly the IB A330 transatlantic than AA in most instances (I do like the "77W" business class) or BA.

(Our flight from LIS to connect was made with the medium range A319 with Club seating - amazing seat pitch at 125 cm / 50"seat pitch, 56 cm / 22" seats two by two across and very generous seat recline. Quite a luxurious one hour flight, particularly compared with the "new, improved" BA rubbish Club Europe 30" seat pitch.)
Old Apr 27, 2015, 12:14 pm

Originally Posted by LupineChemist
Read the wiki again. Specifically the seat map at the bottom.
You're right, not sure how I missed that. Does being on an A340-600 with 12 rows in business class change anything compared to the 9-row layout? Seat orientation, mini-cabin location, bassinet location? Is it still lie-flat?

Also, has anyone had Iberia change their seats without notice? I have an email from them confirming specific and ideal seats for my wife and I, but now when I log in a few months later I can see that they changed our seats so we aren't even sitting next to each other.
Old Apr 27, 2015, 3:05 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Matre-plongeur des Muccis
Originally Posted by flyertalkrocks
You're right, not sure how I missed that. Does being on an A340-600 with 12 rows in business class change anything compared to the 9-row layout? Seat orientation, mini-cabin location, bassinet location? Is it still lie-flat?

Also, has anyone had Iberia change their seats without notice? I have an email from them confirming specific and ideal seats for my wife and I, but now when I log in a few months later I can see that they changed our seats so we aren't even sitting next to each other.
According to the wiki, nearly all the A340-600s have been refurbished (if not all by now); even prior to refurbishment, they had lie flat seats (though they started as angled, iirc).

Yes, Iberia has been known to make these seat changes. This can happen especially easily if aircraft types change, but sometimes it takes nothing at all.
Old Apr 27, 2015, 7:34 pm

Has anyone succeeded in calling Iberia and "demanding" their original seats back? My wife is Castilian so maybe it would help if she called the Spanish number.

Does anyone know where the mini-cabin or bassinet is in the 12-row business class?
Old Apr 28, 2015, 7:51 am

"Demanding" is likely to get pushback, or at least passive-aggressive response. "Requesting" may well work; it has certainly worked for me, in English and Castilian.
Old Apr 28, 2015, 11:48 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by flyertalkrocks
Has anyone succeeded in calling Iberia and "demanding" their original seats back? My wife is Castilian so maybe it would help if she called the Spanish number.

Does anyone know where the mini-cabin or bassinet is in the 12-row business class?
Are you referring to the A340? There isn't a mini cabin.
Old Apr 28, 2015, 11:57 am

Originally Posted by HIDDY
Are you referring to the A340? There isn't a mini cabin.
Yes, the A340-600. Thank you.
Old Apr 28, 2015, 9:15 pm

Originally Posted by JDiver
China's Regal 10 Years
Glen liver single malt 15 years
Sounds like IB's serving some cheap knock-offs there.
Old Apr 29, 2015, 8:13 am

Originally Posted by Djokison
Sounds like IB's serving some cheap knock-offs there.
Don'tcha love auto co-wrecked?

They finally had to bury Glen's liver, though.
Old May 4, 2015, 2:58 pm

Programs: Silver BAEC, Diamond Hilton Honors, Gold SPG
Hi

I am flying from Madrid to Santiago on the A340-500 according to Iberia, which I believe is the new fitted A340-600.
Does anyone have any recommendations for the best business class seats for a couple to pick?

Seat guru etc can't seem to get round the naming system Iberia uses, and does not seem to include the new set up

Thanks
Old May 4, 2015, 3:19 pm

I believe the best seats for a couple are the two in the middle on even-numbered rows.
Old May 18, 2015, 10:40 am

Can anyone here confirm the best seats for a couple on the a340-500?

Seatguru shows that the seats on the a330-300 have the two middle seats close to each other on the odd rows, and separated on the even rows: http://www.seatguru.com/airlines/Ibe...s_A330_300.php

Is it reversed on the a340-500, where the two middle seats are close to each other in the even rows, and far apart in the odd rows (as flyertalkrocks suggests above?). Anyone who has flown this aircraft recently, please confirm...
Old May 18, 2015, 4:03 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by bubbaloo4u
Can anyone here confirm the best seats for a couple on the a340-500?

Seatguru shows that the seats on the a330-300 have the two middle seats close to each other on the odd rows, and separated on the even rows: http://www.seatguru.com/airlines/Ibe...s_A330_300.php

Is it reversed on the a340-500, where the two middle seats are close to each other in the even rows, and far apart in the odd rows (as flyertalkrocks suggests above?). Anyone who has flown this aircraft recently, please confirm...
My wife and I were seated in row 12 on the A340-500 which were close together.....very nice they were as well. So even row numbers are what you want.
Old May 25, 2015, 4:44 pm

Programs: AA (EP), Hilton (Diamond), Marriott Bonvoy (Titanium)
Originally Posted by spainflyer
To expand the info in posting #247. The configuration on the A340-500, long haul transatlantic, is 1-2-1.

In the window seats, the odd rows are placed away from the aisle, in the even rows you are next to the aisle.

And: in the middle pairs, the odd numbered rows have seats that are separated by their storage areas and tray tables. In the even numbered rows the two passengers are right next to each other, and the storage spaces are next to the aisles.

If all this seems a bit confusing, no wonder. These aircraft left the Airbus factory as A340-600s. But after Iberia re-configured, they branded them A340-500s. On the standard online seating charts, an Iberia A340-500 is nowhere to be found and the seat maps are for the A340-600.

SeatGuru shows 2-2-2. So does SeatPlans.com. SeatExpert doesnt deal with Iberia, and AirlineQuality takes you to FlatSeats, which tries to take you to Iberias own seat maps which, of course, are out of order.

Got that??
Thanks! I'm booked on an IB A340-600 EZE-MAD next April, and seatguru, IB, and expertflyer all show it as 2-2-2 but I realize from the info here that's just the way the seat maps are drawn.

As a solo traveler, I picked 1A since it looked like a seat with good privacy and easy to get in/out of. But then I saw:

Originally Posted by JohnnyColombia
If you are hoping to get some sleep I'd avoid the first row. You get glare from the galley, they don't shut the curtain.
How much of a problem is this in 1A on an A340-600 (or A340-500 as posts here call it)?
Old May 25, 2015, 6:41 pm

Programs: seeking best cc sign-up & spend bonus offers
Iberia #6250 late June, AA phone rep says its A345
& am assigned busn row 2, two center seats;
can't find seat map for A345; rep said there's
no row 1 center seats; are we in seats too near galley...?
Are some seats shell-surrounded cubicles & some not?!!
A345 = A340 or A330 or ???
Link to appropriate SeatGuru or similar?
Novice needs help! Thanks in advance.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.