Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Iberia Airlines | Iberia Plus
Reload this Page >

baggage rules for vueling flights booked through Iberia.com

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 13, 2013, 7:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by LupineChemist
It's worth noting that is for standard European roller bags. American carry-on bags can be larger than the average LCC limit. I've seen American tourists on vacation in Europe get nabbed by that cursed Ryanair cardboard box. Especially since the long haul carriers generally abide by the larger size restrictions to get there in the first place.
Ryanair, unlike most other airlines, actively try to catch people out so as to charge them more on the spot. I've long since stopped flying with Ryanair and will go well out of my way to avoid them. So I can't say for sure whether the size of their allowed carry-ons is any different from Vueling or Easyjet, but it's always been my impression that things don't fit on Ryanair due to depth (i.e. how full it is, especially after trying to squeeze in a purse or duty free) rather than length x width.

But indeed true that European carry-ons are smaller than American ones...
Old May 18, 2013, 1:30 am

I was even wondering. I have a boarding pass where I will have checked in one baggage.

Yet after reading reviews about how baggages get lost with vueling airline, Im thinking of bringing 2 onboard as to reduce the risk. Is there a way to bring two baggages on board?
Old May 23, 2013, 9:06 pm

Programs: AA PPRO, Marriott/Hilton Gold, AMX-Plat, Global Entry
Originally Posted by craigthemif
Ryanair, unlike most other airlines, actively try to catch people out so as to charge them more on the spot. I've long since stopped flying with Ryanair and will go well out of my way to avoid them. So I can't say for sure whether the size of their allowed carry-ons is any different from Vueling or Easyjet, but it's always been my impression that things don't fit on Ryanair due to depth (i.e. how full it is, especially after trying to squeeze in a purse or duty free) rather than length x width.

But indeed true that European carry-ons are smaller than American ones...
LCC carry-on is inconsistent.

Easyjet has pretty liberal carry-on size policy with sizing the same as BA 56cm x 45cm x 25cm (22" x 17.7" x 9.8")

Ryainair (+ Vueling & Iberia) are 55cm x 40cm x 20cm (21.6" x 15.7" x 7.8")
Old May 30, 2013, 1:03 pm

Programs: UAL 1KMM,Hilton Diamond
I flew Vueling from Malaga to Bilbao this past summer. The luggage thing was a nightmare.

First, I am Star Alliance Gold so the shut down of Spanair was a big loss for travel within Spain.

I booked through IB and I was allow to check one bag, carry on one plus a small item.

I was over on one bag by about 5 kg and one by about 2. I was able to stuff some things in my computer bag, throw a couple of items away and still pay about $60 US for luggage.

The small carry on was 10.3 kg and at first they had an issue and finally decided that since I had pay a lot for the overweight bag she let me pass.

About one in four passengers on the flight were repacking in line.

It seems the worse offenders were other Americans like myself who aren't use to the European LCC.
Old Aug 10, 2013, 2:04 am

Programs: AA PPRO, Marriott/Hilton Gold, AMX-Plat, Global Entry

did BCN-MXP last week as IB code share on VY.

1 piece per person checked
1 carry-on per person
1 personal item (purse, briefcase...) per person

no weighing/hassle for carry-on.
checked 2 bags for two people. one bag was 22.6kg - barely making limit - no hassle.

YMMV but for us it was simple/straightforward.

onboard, legroom is tight so recommend buying exit row (we did). with that, comfortable flight.
Old Aug 27, 2013, 12:28 pm

Programs: DL Plat
I am a bit confused. I have a small back pack (fits under the front seat) and a 21-22" carry on. Are you permitted to bring both items one board or will the carry on need to be checked?
Old Jul 20, 2015, 6:28 am

Does one world benefits extend to the flight?
Old Jul 24, 2015, 7:28 am

Programs: AA, WN, UA, Bonvoy, Hertz
No OW benefits or miles (except for the local IAG programs exception if you buy a high enough fare).

I suspect one of the reasons IAG has not allowed VY into OW even on IB coded flights would be some of the benefit expectations.

Rasheed

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.