Go Back   FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Iberia Airlines | Iberia Plus
Sign in using an external account

Old May 23, 12, 8:16 pm   #1

Programs: UA 1K, AA Ex Plat, SPG Plat,Hyatt Diamond, Marriott Gold, National Executive Elite
Flying MAD-LHR in Biz, do I get fast-track at LHR?

Since I am travelling on seperate tickets MAD-LHR on IB then LHR-SFO on UA so they usually wont check my bag and I have to claim, clear customs and go over to UA (sucks)
Question is will IB give some sort of fastrack for LHR?
cbrown5294 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 8, 12, 1:42 pm   #2

Programs: LH SEN, TK ELITE, OW Platinum, Hyatt Gold Passport, Priority Club, SPG, MELIA Platinum
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbrown5294 View Post
Since I am travelling on seperate tickets MAD-LHR on IB then LHR-SFO on UA so they usually wont check my bag and I have to claim, clear customs and go over to UA (sucks)
Question is will IB give some sort of fastrack for LHR?
You get a fast track in Mad. I am not sure if Lhr has fast track for arriving passengers.
kai.lileboo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 18, 12, 8:16 am   #3

Programs: Latinpass Million Miler. BA Gold.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kai.lileboo View Post
You get a fast track in Mad. I am not sure if Lhr has fast track for arriving passengers.
LHR Terminal 5 does have fast track immigration, but I think invitations are only given to BA long haul passengers.

Assuming IB won't check your bags through you'll have to reclaim, make your way to T3, and recheck.
BlackBerryAddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 20, 12, 2:03 am   #4

Programs: Lord OPebble - Mucci of the Hour. Diamond Class MUCCI.Chevalier du Circle Intime de Pucci
Fast track is irrelevant at LHR as if you get your bags checked through you follow the Flight Connections route (purple signs) to T3 and you don't go anywhere near Immigration or baggage reclaim.

However T5 fast track is only available to long haul arriving non-EU PAX and only in the morning.
OPebble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 5, 12, 7:58 am   #5

Programs: AA EXP 2MM, Lifetime Platinum, HH Gold, SPG Gold, Travelers Aid JFK Volunteer
Quick related question:

Does Iberia use Terminal 5 at LHR? For some reason, I had thought it used Terminal 3. The LHR website says T5, but I thought I would check with those who actually fly IB to/from LHR!

I'm hoping it's T5 so I can use the Galleries First lounge!
ESpen36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 6, 12, 12:43 am   #6

Programs: Lord OPebble - Mucci of the Hour. Diamond Class MUCCI.Chevalier du Circle Intime de Pucci
Quote:
Originally Posted by ESpen36 View Post
Quick related question:

Does Iberia use Terminal 5 at LHR? For some reason, I had thought it used Terminal 3. The LHR website says T5, but I thought I would check with those who actually fly IB to/from LHR!

I'm hoping it's T5 so I can use the Galleries First lounge!
Definitely T5. It used to be T3, but changed a while back.
OPebble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 8, 12, 10:23 am   #7

Programs: AA EXP 2MM, Lifetime Platinum, HH Gold, SPG Gold, Travelers Aid JFK Volunteer
Quote:
Originally Posted by OPebble View Post
Definitely T5. It used to be T3, but changed a while back.

Thank you!
ESpen36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 10, 12, 8:48 pm   #8

Programs: AA Plat (4m+), LH FT, A3 Gold, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Gold, DL nada
T5 but never was offered fast track intra-EU. If you're arriving from Spain you most likely will miss the big early morning rash of flights from the US but don't know about India/Africa times...
bostontraveler is offline   Reply With Quote