Operated by Air Nostrum

Old Oct 4, 2011, 2:52 am
Original Poster

Operated by Air Nostrum

Hi There

I've just booked to fly MAN-MAD on 02/01/12 as Im moving out there I will be taking around 3 additional suitcases, now I see on the IB website that there is a charge of around EUR60 for each additional bag upto 20k, it doesnt make it clear wether this excess baggage charge is applicable to Air Nostrum operated flights, does anyone know if I can purchase the baggage for this flight?
Old Oct 11, 2011, 11:57 am

Programs: SK*G, BA Silver, Flying Blue, VLM, VT Traveller, PC Platinum, BW Diamond
"operated by Air Norstrum" means Iberia rules and the rules from the first flight, which is international and therefore 23kg limit.

If you have Iberia frequent flier status then you can take an extra bag for free.

There is no weight limit on hand luggage and the spanish carry a sh*t load of the stuff, normally 2 huge bags, so you may be able to get a bit in hand luggage. However, Air Norstrum operate ERJ aircraft which have tiny overhead lockers, so you may be limited on this route with hand luggage.

May want to look into either unaccompanied baggage, or using a someone like Shiply.com (a reverse bidding auction). Shiply shipped my motorbike from Gatwick to Jerez for Ł210, door to door!
Old Oct 12, 2011, 1:26 am

and least but not least, Air Nostrum will give you a tiny cookie and coffe/soft drink for free
Old Oct 21, 2011, 11:58 am

Programs: BA Gold, Priority Club Gold, Accor Silver, Virgin Australia Gold
So service depleted then......I remember fondly Air Norstrum Dash 8 - summer 2007 - Madrid to Malaga free wine - proper glasses - a good cold salad again on proper plates with coffee then liquor......Happy Days....

Nivsy
Old Oct 22, 2011, 7:12 am

Programs: MUCCI
Yep - AirNostrum now have a two cabin/service offering.

Previously it was just one - everyone got regional business class.
Old Feb 5, 2012, 4:54 pm

Programs: BA Gold. EI GoldCircle
Originally Posted by richjmcjmc
Hi There

I've just booked to fly MAN-MAD on 02/01/12 as Im moving out there I will be taking around 3 additional suitcases, now I see on the IB website that there is a charge of around EUR60 for each additional bag upto 20k, it doesnt make it clear wether this excess baggage charge is applicable to Air Nostrum operated flights, does anyone know if I can purchase the baggage for this flight?
Hello All,

I am on this flight on Friday 10/2/12 in J (2A) and just wanted to know what to expect.

I have flown with thm before but like other posters it was only domestically in Spain and generally they were reat far superior to mainline IB.

It appears that the MAN-MAD is reularly delayed but we will see what happens I am planning to meet friends for dinner at 122:00 in MAD subject to my 21:05 arrival so hopefully all goes well.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.