Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Iberia Airlines | Iberia Plus
Reload this Page >

Obtain Amadeus Record Locator Number on codeshare flight? (for seat selection)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Obtain Amadeus Record Locator Number on codeshare flight? (for seat selection)

Search this Thread

Old Aug 15, 2016, 11:58 am

Originally Posted by BA6501
This is the opposite of my experience! For me, AA op, IB booked, sticks, but it's a totally separate PNR on AA's side, one just with the prime AA flight, and it takes a while to look for it. Even the meal pre-selection stuck.

IB op, AA booked (or indeed IB op, BA booked) never ever works for me.
Even if I use the AA PNR the flights appear on AA's website with the IB number. In the last example I mentioned before the inbound was LCG-MAD-CLT-IND. The first flight on IB metal, the last two on AA. I could select the LCG-MAD seat on IB and the CLT-IND on AA (using AA's record locator). But even on AA's website the MAD-CLT flight appeared under an IB flight number (so AA's website sent me to IB, IB's to AA). I got a seat selected through Twitter but it didn't stick. Admittedly once I got the Twitter team to get me a seat I didn't pursue it any further, maybe there was a third PNR that would have worked on AA.

Normally in cases of mixed itineraries I book with AA, because the multi-city tool on IB sometimes fails, so I don't have that much experience of IB booked, AA operated. The opposite case usually works for me (I guess also aided by the fact that the average IB passenger doesn't book seats in advance).
Old Aug 15, 2016, 2:31 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, LH, EK, QR
At around 48 hours before the flight(1225hours), the seat AA had secured, became occupied on Expertflyer. Hopefully that's it dealt with.

-- Edit

Called IB as booking now under their control and seat assigned by AA taken by someone else! Seats at the next block of exit rows in row 25 (A346) available at least!

Last edited by GK1981; Aug 16, 2016 at 6:04 am Reason: More info
Old Aug 16, 2016, 9:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BA, AF
Originally Posted by Yllanes
Admittedly once I got the Twitter team to get me a seat I didn't pursue it any further, maybe there was a third PNR that would have worked on AA.
Yes, there's a third PNR out there with just the AA flight with the AA prime flight number. Hit and miss whether your FF number carries over. It takes a while to find it and you have to ask AA to search your booking by name on that flight.
Old Oct 19, 2016, 5:46 pm

Has this been solved? I have just booked some flights on iberia.com, NYC-MAD on AA in Y, LCG-MAD-JFK on IB in J and seat selection has worked for all segments. IB sent me to the AA website, with the correct PNR (the one that just shows the AA flight, with the AA flight number) to select seats and I have been able choose MCE. This is the first time this works for me.

I have another booking SYR-ORD-MAD-LCG-MAD-BOS-SYR, but in that case both TATL flights are on IB metal and for this kind of itinerary seat selection for the SYR-ORD and BOS-SYR segments has always worked.

Last edited by Yllanes; Oct 19, 2016 at 5:54 pm
Old Oct 22, 2016, 12:51 pm

Programs: BAEC, QF.
This is very confusing!
I recently made a booking for next April with AA flight numbers ALC-MAD-LAX and return LAX-LHR-ALC (via LGW). The flights are operated by Nostrum (ALC-MAD) then Iberia MAD-LAX, and BA on the return.

During the booking process, I somehow managed to reserve seats 6A and 6C on the MAD-LAX leg, which showed as a 330-200. Normally you have to pay to reserve these exit row seats at the front of economy, but I don't seem to have paid anything. Also, on the AA website the flight shows up as a 330-300, which has a different seating layout. Concerned, I tried a dummy booking just for the MAD-LAX leg on the IB website for the dates concerned, and it shows up there as a 330-200, AND seats 6A and 6C were unavailable to reserve on that date. So it looks like it's the right aircraft for my seat reservation, and the reservation has stuck - so far!

Checking my full booking on the IB, AA and BA websites, they all show the 6A and 6C seat reservation.

How likely is this reservation to stick, bearing in mind that I don't seem to have paid for the seats? I can't get to any page to make a payment.
Thanks
Old Jul 19, 2017, 12:27 pm

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, Marriott Platinium
Is 2017 and we still have the same issue, AA/Flight number and Record locator (codeshare) but operaded by IB. The 5 digit number doesn't work and IB can not find me without a record locator. At least you can select a seat from AA but IB doesn't recognize my OW Emerald status and try to charge for Exit seats. AA talk to OW Desk but they can't figure out how to fix it.
Old Jul 19, 2017, 3:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BA, AF
deleted

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.