Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Iberia Airlines | Iberia Plus
Reload this Page >

Obtain Amadeus Record Locator Number on codeshare flight? (for seat selection)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Obtain Amadeus Record Locator Number on codeshare flight? (for seat selection)

Search this Thread

Old Sep 23, 2011, 3:42 pm

Location: @somewhere, if help needed use my email address [email protected]
Programs: BA & QR
Originally Posted by JDiver
It sounds like securing a seat with the IB/AA codeshare until check-in at the airport is nigh impossible then?
JDiver,

true, it is very difficult, but i think it is pure an issue of Sabre & Amadues.
or just sent an email. I can see what I can do.
But keep in mind I'm not working every day IB/BA shift.
Sometimes also TP/AY/MA and VY.

dutch_122
Old Sep 23, 2011, 3:43 pm

Originally Posted by globalste
and even when you have the right locator, you still cannot book a seat properly
globalste,

Also that is true.
It is hard to explain, why it does not worl, but they are working on it.
That's what they are telling us.

dutch_122
Old Sep 25, 2011, 9:43 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP, UA GLD, Bonvoy Titan, HH Dia, WoH Exp
If you book an itinerary on AA.com that includes an Iberia segment, but not necessarily an AA codeshare, is it easier to locate the Amadeus record locator and get pre-assigned seating?

With my recent trip, dutch_122 was helpful in getting me seat assignments within the 24 hours window. However I have another trip where there is a connection at MAD, but with an IB ticket and not a codeshare.

BTW, MAD was down to only 1 runway and there was a massive backlog of planes that had to wait to take off. I am not sure why they closed the other runway - heard something about doing maintenance or repair work...
Old Dec 8, 2011, 2:46 pm

I am booked on an IB flight via AA and includes a BA flight. I logged into Manage my Booking on the BA website with my AA record locator, and then clicked Print itinerary. The IB record locator magically showed up. I was then able to call IB and request seat assignment. I would give that a try!
Old Dec 9, 2011, 4:58 pm

Programs: SK*G, BA Silver, Flying Blue, VLM, VT Traveller, PC Platinum, BW Diamond
Originally Posted by Time traveller
If you book an itinerary on AA.com that includes an Iberia segment, but not necessarily an AA codeshare, is it easier to locate the Amadeus record locator and get pre-assigned seating?

With my recent trip, dutch_122 was helpful in getting me seat assignments within the 24 hours window. However I have another trip where there is a connection at MAD, but with an IB ticket and not a codeshare.

BTW, MAD was down to only 1 runway and there was a massive backlog of planes that had to wait to take off. I am not sure why they closed the other runway - heard something about doing maintenance or repair work...
Barajas has 4 runways, 2 for takeoff and 2 for landing.
Old Dec 9, 2011, 8:31 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
At least with AA, you can log in (if you do not have an AAdvantage number, may as well get one - even if this is the only thing you need it for), enter your FName, LName, flight date, origin of that particular flight and the flight number (AA number, which you can determine from the schedule - either dummying a reservation of the monthly PDF) - that will reveal the Sabre / AA PNR and will generally allow you to select seats etc. (though if you have no status it will not allow premium etc. seat selection).

For now, that's a workaround; though AA promises some changes in the near future I am unsure how this may change.

I just did this today with a BA booking with BA transat flights and AA domestic flights with BA codeshares, to select my flights on the AA-operated flights. Of course the BA flights were easy, as the MMB page recognized my AA status and allowed me to select seats, etc.
Originally Posted by gexposito
I am booked on an IB flight via AA and includes a BA flight. I logged into Manage my Booking on the BA website with my AA record locator, and then clicked Print itinerary. The IB record locator magically showed up. I was then able to call IB and request seat assignment. I would give that a try!
Old Dec 14, 2011, 12:07 pm

Originally Posted by dutch_122
globalste,

Also that is true.
It is hard to explain, why it does not worl, but they are working on it.
That's what they are telling us.

dutch_122
I ticketed an IB flight with AA miles. Actually 4 (wife and 2 kids). I haven’t been able to assign seats through the AA agents. I did ask them for Iberias Record Locator and they gave it to me with no problem (I’m not sure if Iberia locator is Amadeus or Sabre, but it’s a 6 character and its different from AA’s). I can now see the reservation in IB web page, but still unable to assign seats. I’m hoping that when the 24hr window opens I will be able to assign a seat in the On Line check In.

Anyone has been able to do this?

Thanks for your help
Old Dec 15, 2011, 7:03 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP, UA GLD, Bonvoy Titan, HH Dia, WoH Exp
Originally Posted by Cometintintin
I ticketed an IB flight with AA miles. Actually 4 (wife and 2 kids). I haven’t been able to assign seats through the AA agents. I did ask them for Iberias Record Locator and they gave it to me with no problem (I’m not sure if Iberia locator is Amadeus or Sabre, but it’s a 6 character and its different from AA’s). I can now see the reservation in IB web page, but still unable to assign seats. I’m hoping that when the 24hr window opens I will be able to assign a seat in the On Line check In.

Thanks for your help
Have you tried calling Iberia's phone reservation desk and asking if they can assign seats for you? I read on another thread that you have to wait until 24 hours before flight departure, so you may have to wait until then. If you have OW elite status, you can usually get seat assignments in advance on most OW airlines, but it seems like it's not always possible on Iberia.
Old Dec 16, 2011, 4:58 pm

Hi Cometintitin

send me yr details & record locator.
Will see what i can do

dutch_122

Originally Posted by Cometintintin

Thanks for your help

Last edited by JDiver; Jan 1, 2012 at 5:03 pm Reason: close quote
Old Dec 30, 2011, 1:33 pm

Originally Posted by dutch_122
Hi Cometintitin

send me yr details & record locator.
Will see what i can do

dutch_122

QUOTE=Cometintintin;17626334]I ticketed an IB flight with AA miles. Actually 4 (wife and 2 kids). I haven’t been able to assign seats through the AA agents. I did ask them for Iberias Record Locator and they gave it to me with no problem (I’m not sure if Iberia locator is Amadeus or Sabre, but it’s a 6 character and its different from AA’s). I can now see the reservation in IB web page, but still unable to assign seats. I’m hoping that when the 24hr window opens I will be able to assign a seat in the On Line check In.

Thanks for your help
[/QUOTE]

dutch_122,

I am having a similar issue. I booked a flight with my girlfriend to London in March 2012. I booked it through AA.com and our flight is on Iberia. She has never flown internationally, and in general has quite a bit of flight anxiety. I would really like to make sure that we are sitting next to each other so she doesn't go crazy during the flight. I sent you my information via PM; if you can help with anything it would be greatly appreciated! :-)
Old May 15, 2012, 2:18 pm

Programs: AAdvantage Exec Platinum
AA IB codeshare - seat change issue

hi,

just want to share my experience here.

On AA I have booked a flight in coach (economy) that has 2 segments with IB (MIA - MAD and MAD - ZRH). On the AA web page I can see and modify the seats on all segments that are with AA but not for the 2 that are with IB.

As an AA Advantage Platinum member (Oneworld Sapphire) I am entitled to select seats at no cost from the time of booking as clearly stated in the IB policy (http://www.iberia.com/OneToOne/v3/ob...ANONYMOUS=true).

However without a possibility to access my reservation online with IB (AA record locator does not work), I called the AA customer service. After explaining the issue I had the seats changed for me. Of course at no cost. I then asked for the reservation code used to book the 2 segments with IB. I got a 5 characters long code.

On the IB webpage I tried to connect to the reservation system entering my name and the code provided by AA. After hitting the enter key I immediately got a red error message telling me that the reservation code is at least 6 characters long.

I then called the IB customer service and explained my issue. I mentioned the reservation code provided by AA. The lady answering my call could immediately retrieve my reservation. Unfortunately as she confirmed no Amadeus reservation code had been generated making it impossible for me to manage my reservation and hence change the seat on the IB webpage.

To summarize - based on my experience and the information I was provided with:

- IB flights booked through AA cannot be managed on the IB webpage as the reservation code generated by the AA system does not generate the Amadeus equivalent code required to manage the reservation.

- For AA Advantage Platinum (and above) members, the seat can be changed at no additional cost on IB flights. This has to be done by the AA customer service due to the reason mentioned above

- Seats can be changed at no cost for all at check in

I should add that I first tried to get help at the airport for getting the seats changed on the segments operated by IB. Not a good experience. AA agents sent me to Iberia. Iberia agents told me they were not allowed to do any change as I had booked through AA. So calling the AA customer service was the right way ;-)

Hope this helps
Old May 15, 2012, 8:00 pm

Programs: AA PLT, DL
I suggest you sign up for IberiaExpress (their FF program). Once you are logged in, you MAY be able to assign seats. I had the exact same issue flying AA with 1 out of 4 segments being with IB. I was able to find my reservation without making an account, but not ability to assign seats. I'm hoping being a registered member might give you that ability. Good luck and let us know if that works for you.

P.S. Their is a primary PNR which may include numbers and letters that is shared between both airlines. For example, on my flight the PNR was 685UOW. However, AA's record locator becomes DMZITP and IB's is HZTTH. Note they are all 6 characters. When in doubt, use the main PNR for the entire flight, not merely the record locator.

Last edited by DevilsX; May 15, 2012 at 8:08 pm
Old May 16, 2012, 2:02 pm

many thanks for the suggestion DevilsX and would be more than happy to try. Do I have to call AA to get the PNR? I can't find that information on the e-ticket confirmation nor on the reservation when looking at the AA site.
Old May 17, 2012, 12:21 am

Programs: Loyalty? I go where the points and status are!
Originally Posted by ErickW
many thanks for the suggestion DevilsX and would be more than happy to try. Do I have to call AA to get the PNR? I can't find that information on the e-ticket confirmation nor on the reservation when looking at the AA site.
Yes. In my experience just call them and they will give it to you.
I've also found that even in C you still need to call IB to get seats changed, their website is clunky.
Old May 17, 2012, 1:37 am

fully agreed :-) the IB site is not user friendly. Poor design and even very slow.
Thanks for your feedback btw.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.