Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Seville Lounge

Search this Thread

Old Aug 22, 2011, 4:23 pm
Original Poster

Seville Lounge

Will be flying from SVQ but haven't been able to find any information about this lounge, apart from:
Has anyone been there? is it similar to ALC or better/worse?

Iberia VIP Lounge Through security, opposite Door 3 06:00-22:00
Old Aug 23, 2011, 12:25 pm

Programs: SK*G, BA Silver, Flying Blue, VLM, VT Traveller, PC Platinum, BW Diamond
Interesting, I never even knew it was there and have been to Seville Airport quite a few times!

As Seville is quite a small airport with not many flights unless summer holidays, I would not raise your hopes.
Old Aug 24, 2011, 1:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Hi,

It is not bad ( handy for a quick couple of drinks, coffee and a small snack but would not want to spend that much time there (mind you SVQ is small anyway)
I do not think there are any windows in the lounge ( not sure about toilets)
I was there last year but I arrived at the airport at 530am so had a breakfast in the general lounge area then went into the lounge for a coffee and orange juice prior to my 0700 IB flight to MAD.

Regards
TBS
Old Sep 2, 2011, 5:02 am

Programs: UA global, VS Gld , SPG plat
It looks like a small 1960's classroom. no wifi - very limited snacks, no windows.
Not wonderful but the airport itself is not brilliant.
Better than sitting outside while you wait for your delayed flight though.
Old Sep 8, 2011, 6:20 am

Programs: AAdvantage, Krisflyer, Velocity
I am sitting in the lounge now and frankly it sucks <redacted>. I booked with Iberia however the flight is operated by Vueling so I had to check in with Vueling, and if I knew the lounge was this bad, I could have saved $20 by just booking with Vueling in the first place.

When I first arrived I mentioned it was warm so she turned the aircon up, and now it is comfortable.

Yes, there is no wifi. I got given a LAN cable to connect my laptop so I can get internet.

There is nothing to eat at all, just potato chips.

Last edited by JDiver; Sep 9, 2011 at 8:15 pm Reason: http://www.flyertalk.com/help/rules.php#q88
Old Sep 14, 2011, 6:57 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by zan5hin
I am sitting in the lounge now and frankly it sucks <redacted>. I booked with Iberia however the flight is operated by Vueling so I had to check in with Vueling, and if I knew the lounge was this bad, I could have saved $20 by just booking with Vueling in the first place.

When I first arrived I mentioned it was warm so she turned the aircon up, and now it is comfortable.

Yes, there is no wifi. I got given a LAN cable to connect my laptop so I can get internet.

There is nothing to eat at all, just potato chips.
with a Vueling flight number you'd have to pay to check-in luggage.

My MAD flight leaves a 13:35, sounds like a bad idea to arrive to the lounge without having eaten breakfast/lunch
Old Oct 10, 2011, 12:54 am
Original Poster

Not too bad, not much to eat but decent selection of drinks; cold beer, wine and softdrinks in the fridge.
Only 1 computer but you could connect your laptop with cable (only 1 space available though)
Sofas and a decent size flatscreen TV facing the other direction(Al Jazeera was on when I was there)

Old Oct 10, 2011, 11:15 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Thanks, Hannibal Lecter! It most resembles a small company employee break room... plus some alcoholic beverages.
Old Oct 11, 2011, 11:43 am

Programs: SK*G, BA Silver, Flying Blue, VLM, VT Traveller, PC Platinum, BW Diamond
Originally Posted by JDiver
Thanks, Hannibal Lecter! It most resembles a small company employee break room... plus some alcoholic beverages.
Yep certainly does.

Do Iberia have shares in FRIT? Seems to be the only thing they never run out of in the lounges..
Old Jun 12, 2014, 12:45 am

Programs: AS MVP, Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Gold, SPG Gold
Passing through SVQ today and was told this lounge is permanently closed and has been for a while.
Old Jun 27, 2014, 4:58 am
Suspended

It was not easy to find and frankly its tiny with virtually nothing to eat. You felt like you were in a cupboard
Old Jul 9, 2014, 11:50 pm

Programs: OW Emerald SPG Platinum/Lifetime Gold
So no lounge whatsoever in SVQ?
Old Aug 1, 2014, 6:45 am

Programs: BAEC G, Bonvoy T, Avis PC, Hertz PC
Closed since now 2 years ballpark!
A pity because I use to fly there for visiting family, since this airport is run by low cost carriers Iberia decided to close out the lounge
Old Jan 17, 2017, 1:05 pm
brp
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, BA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton diamond, Marriott Platinum
There is now a lounge at SVQ

http://www.aena.es/en/sevilla-airport/vip-lounge.html

The text implies that OW status would not work for this, and that only J tickets are eligible. We happened to be on IB J, so not able to confirm whether OW Emerald status alone would have worked.

Cheers.
Old Jan 17, 2017, 2:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BA, AF
Iberia does not tend to discriminate - it's either a lounge for everyone eligible or no lounge.

The same text is present for BIO (at least) and cardholders can definitely enter. Nothing on the OW lounge finder yet however.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.