Go Back   FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Iberia Airlines | Iberia Plus
Sign in using an external account

Old Jul 23, 11, 1:26 pm   #1

Programs: DL Gold, UA PremEx, US Gold, CO Gold, SPG Gld, IC RA, HH Gold, Amex Cent, Sixt Plat, Fairmont Pres.
Carry On Size for RJ 200 Intra-Europe?

Hi All,

i am booked on a Iberia/Air Nostrum flight from NCE to BCN. Its an RJ 200. I have never flown on an RJ 200 before. Can anyone tell me what size I will be limited to for my carry on bag?

Thanks.
Old Jul 31, 11, 12:07 pm   #2

Programs: BA Gold, FB Petroleum Club, HH Gold, A-Club Platinum
Call them, I couldn't find anything on Iberia or Air Nostrum's webpage. The only thing I could get was that:

Quote:
* The aircraft used by Iberia Regional Air Nostrum are smaller than those used by Iberia, therefore the maximum weight allowance and size are lower.
Quote:
If you are travelling on IB7XXX or IB5XXX, IB4XXX flights or flights operated by an airline other than Iberia or Iberia Regional Air Nostrum, please check your hand luggage allowance with that airline before travelling.
If you find out please post it here.
Old Jul 31, 11, 1:30 pm   #3
Senior Moderator/Moderator: American AAdvantage, Mexico, and Talkboard Topics

Programs: AA EXP / 5 MM; HH <>; SPG Gold; Maître-plongeur des Muccis
I'm guessing typical RJ mini-bins?
Old Jul 31, 11, 1:42 pm   #4

Programs: DL Gold, UA PremEx, US Gold, CO Gold, SPG Gld, IC RA, HH Gold, Amex Cent, Sixt Plat, Fairmont Pres.
My flight is on a RJ900 but the flight number is an IB8XXX which is not listed as being different...?

In either event I have never actually flown an RJ. Anyone know what the 'mini-bin' sizes are? Or, what max luggage size could be?

Thanks,

J
Old Jul 31, 11, 7:37 pm   #5

Medium to small - large laptop or small bag, not 22" rollaboard unless they are really different, and small size bag under the seat in front of you. The only interior cabin shots of similar aircraft I can readily find are these: I don't think the Air Nostrum RJ bins will be any more spacious, but we'll let others (hopefully with experiences on Air Nostrum RJs) weigh in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgoodm View Post
My flight is on a RJ900 but the flight number is an IB8XXX which is not listed as being different...?

In either event I have never actually flown an RJ. Anyone know what the 'mini-bin' sizes are? Or, what max luggage size could be?

Thanks,

J

Last edited by JDiver; Jul 31, 11 at 7:43 pm.
JDiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 31, 11, 9:40 pm   #6

Hmmm, so you think a 20" roller will work? What about a 20" wide roller?

Thanks.
Old Aug 1, 11, 3:06 am   #7

Programs: QR Plat, FB Silver, A3 *G, PC Gold, Carlson Gold
In my experience intra-Spain with Air Nostrum is that the only bags they let you in the aircraft are laptop bags and similar. The standard roller is taken at the steps of the aircraft and put with the rest of the checked baggage manually, as you deplane the roller is waiting for you at the steps again.

Hope it helps.
Perli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 1, 11, 5:20 am   #8

Programs: EXP- finally
http://www.airlinequality.com/Forum/nostrum.htm

this link might help. we have a MAD-VCE in a CR9 in September. wish us luck.
tugokc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 1, 11, 7:46 am   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perli View Post
In my experience intra-Spain with Air Nostrum is that the only bags they let you in the aircraft are laptop bags and similar. The standard roller is taken at the steps of the aircraft and put with the rest of the checked baggage manually, as you deplane the roller is waiting for you at the steps again.

Hope it helps.
So, if I had a 22" roller with me they will gate check but there will be no charge as additional luggage since I will already have a bag checked? If thats the case I am happy.

Thanks.
Old Aug 1, 11, 7:46 am   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by tugokc View Post
http://www.airlinequality.com/Forum/nostrum.htm

this link might help. we have a MAD-VCE in a CR9 in September. wish us luck.
Cool, thanks.
Old Aug 2, 11, 11:58 am   #11

Programs: QR Plat, FB Silver, A3 *G, PC Gold, Carlson Gold
Quote:
So, if I had a 22" roller with me they will gate check but there will be no charge as additional luggage since I will already have a bag checked? If thats the case I am happy.

Thanks.
Right, no additional cost.

Enjoy
Perli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 4, 11, 9:59 pm   #12

Thanks all.
Old Aug 5, 11, 7:11 am   #13

I hope you get a chance to let us know how it was from your POV after the flight(s).

Quote:
Thanks all.