Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Strange IB aircraft sales

Search this Thread

Old Jun 20, 2011, 6:31 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Silver,clubcard,clubcard plus, BA Amex................ And Mucci x3 ;)
Strange IB aircraft sales

Cant find a link to it but Jethros is reporting that EI has just purchased 4 Airbus A319's from IB.

I do find it odd that IB being an IAG airline sells these birds to EI when there is a clear need for extra/spare aircraft within BA, especially at LGW where as we all know we have been seeing Boeing 777-200's covering domestic sectors due to several tech 737-400's.

Sorry for the new thread, but it just seems odd to me to be honest with you

cs
Old Jun 20, 2011, 6:57 pm

Programs: BA Gold, FB Petroleum Club, HH Gold, A-Club Platinum
Did they buy used/old ones or options/future deliveries slots?

If they bought used aircraft should be the 4 A319s that IBERIA has since 2000.

EDIT TO ADD,

Wikipedia is already updated as states that 3 of those A319s will go to Aer Lingus on December 2011
Old Jun 20, 2011, 9:03 pm

If they bought used aircraft should be the 4 A319s that IBERIA has since 2000
The first aircraft has already been withdrawn from service by IB. It is EC-KEV. The aircraft entered sevice in late 2007. The aircraft was leased from RBS.

It looks as if the aircraft are just ones that IAG have decided not to extend the lease on. Hence why they are not going to BA LGW.
Old Jun 20, 2011, 11:44 pm

Programs: Lord OPebble - Mucci of the Hour. Diamond Class MUCCI.Chevalier du Circle Intime de Pucci
Although BA and IB are owned by the same holding Company, operationally, they are still two seperate businesses, so, IMHO, not at all odd.
Old Jun 21, 2011, 2:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by cornishsimon
I do find it odd that IB being an IAG airline sells these birds to EI when there is a clear need for extra/spare aircraft within BA, especially at LGW where as we all know we have been seeing Boeing 777-200's covering domestic sectors due to several tech 737-400's.
All comes down to money. Leased planes mean a monthly cost to BA, versus the 737 fleet which are owned and fully depreciated. BA clearly don't want to load the marginal shorthaul operation at LGW with fixed extra costs and would rather cover disruption as it occurs.
Old Jun 21, 2011, 5:32 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Silver,clubcard,clubcard plus, BA Amex................ And Mucci x3 ;)
Originally Posted by Swanhunter
All comes down to money. Leased planes mean a monthly cost to BA, versus the 737 fleet which are owned and fully depreciated. BA clearly don't want to load the marginal shorthaul operation at LGW with fixed extra costs and would rather cover disruption as it occurs.
well that explains alot! i didnt realise that the A319's were leased by IB. Had they been owned by IB i think it would of been odd !

cs
Old Jul 10, 2011, 3:54 pm

Programs: SK*G, BA Silver, Flying Blue, VLM, VT Traveller, PC Platinum, BW Diamond
Originally Posted by Swanhunter
I'm pretty certain someone mentioned the 737s were leased, maybe they were talking about the -500s
Old Jul 11, 2011, 5:53 am

Programs: FB, MM, QM, ES, KF & LP / HH, HGP & SPG
Originally Posted by cornishsimon
Cant find a link to it but Jethros is reporting that EI has just purchased 4 Airbus A319's from IB.

Sorry for the new thread, but it just seems odd to me to be honest with you

cs
3 more A319's to leave in December form IB's fleet to EI.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.