Guide to flying Iberia

Old Apr 25, 2015, 1:40 am

Programs: BA Executive club Gold ,Skywards
Is short haul business class seat pitch still 34"?
Old Apr 25, 2015, 7:23 am

Programs: IB+, BAEC
Pitch is still 34" on IB mainline. I2 (Iberia Express) is 30" I believe.
Old May 1, 2015, 7:13 am

We're flying Iberia later today BOS-MAD-SVQ.

Currently we have only a 75 minute layover through Madrid. Does that seem reasonable to make our connecting flight? We're flying Business/First, so we'll be near the front of the plane. However, I'm concerned about retrieving luggage, customs, and then going through security all over again.
Old May 19, 2015, 12:08 am

Programs: LH
I am flying a flight operated by Vueling and marketed by Iberia (IB58xx). On a separate ticket I continue with TAM. Does Vueling have an interline agreement with TAM and will I be able to check the luggage all the way?
Old May 20, 2015, 7:11 pm

Programs: Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, UA Silver
I'm considering an iberia reward for biz class from nyc to IST connecting via Madrid. How is the current transatlantic iberia biz product. Is 1st worth the miles?
Old May 20, 2015, 7:18 pm
TPJ

Programs: TK*G (E+), IHG Plat Ambassador
Originally Posted by Red259
I'm considering an iberia reward for biz class from nyc to IST connecting via Madrid. How is the current transatlantic iberia biz product. Is 1st worth the miles?
Check the seat map before booking, but if it is a new product it BOOK - it is worth the miles! But... if you can book AA on B77W/refurbished B767 - this product is even better. Avoid BA and old C on AA.
Old May 20, 2015, 8:13 pm

Programs: Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, UA Silver
Originally Posted by TPJ
Check the seat map before booking, but if it is a new product it BOOK - it is worth the miles! But... if you can book AA on B77W/refurbished B767 - this product is even better. Avoid BA and old C on AA.
I'm having difficult seeing what the open seat is. I can see the flight but since I don't have the miles in my iberia account yet its not showing me what seats are open. Is there a way to see this without having to transfer all my miles into the iberia account first? The NYC to Spain portion would be on A340-500 the second leg which is only a few hours would be A319.
Old Sep 25, 2015, 2:56 pm

Programs: whatever gets me where i want
Doing a night flight JFK-MAD in business

How early can I check in? Will I have my choice of lounge or will I just be consigned to the British Airways lounge (is there considerable difference between oneworld lounges in JFK?)

Also, I have a 10-12 hour layover in MAD before my next flight (also on Iberia) will they check my baggage all the way through?
Old Sep 26, 2015, 12:54 am

Programs: IB+, BAEC
Originally Posted by bmabnorth
Doing a night flight JFK-MAD in business

How early can I check in? Will I have my choice of lounge or will I just be consigned to the British Airways lounge (is there considerable difference between oneworld lounges in JFK?)

Also, I have a 10-12 hour layover in MAD before my next flight (also on Iberia) will they check my baggage all the way through?
At JFK T7 you will only have access to the BA Galleries lounge. It's possible to get paid access to the United lounge, but it doesn't even have food.

They should be able to check your luggage all the way if not there is a left luggage office in T4 and I hope you plan on going into the city because that's way too long to be stuck in a lounge.
Old Sep 26, 2015, 7:29 am

Programs: whatever gets me where i want
Originally Posted by LupineChemist
At JFK T7 you will only have access to the BA Galleries lounge. It's possible to get paid access to the United lounge, but it doesn't even have food.

They should be able to check your luggage all the way if not there is a left luggage office in T4 and I hope you plan on going into the city because that's way too long to be stuck in a lounge.
Yeah, I do plan on touring the city. I gave myself a long layover for that reason. Planning to use the arrivals lounge, tour the city and then check back in during the evening.
Old Oct 21, 2015, 5:00 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, TK Gold, HHonors Silver
Hi guys, just wondering. I am flying from Barcelona to Madrid with Vueling and then connecting from Madrid to LHR in business, would I be able to access the IB lounge at Barcelona? Thanks
Old Oct 22, 2015, 6:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BA
Unfortunately not as it's a VY flight - and then again the oneworld rule is if you're connecting to longhaul Business.
Old Oct 23, 2015, 12:31 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, TK Gold, HHonors Silver
Lounge

Originally Posted by BA6501
Unfortunately not as it's a VY flight - and then again the oneworld rule is if you're connecting to longhaul Business.
Thanks very much for your reply. I can obviously use the one in Madrid even though it is a short-haul flight?!? Also, I am not entirely sure if passengers flying on short-haul in Business can use the BA arrival lounge at Heathrow t5?
Old Oct 23, 2015, 10:19 am

Programs: Ex-BA/AA/CP/LY staff, BA Executive Club Blue, IHG Diamond, Marriott Silver, Chick-fil-A Red
Yes to access in MAD, no to Arrivals lounge in LHR. That's only for longhaul arrivals.
http://www.britishairways.com/en-gb/...rivals-lounges
Old Dec 20, 2015, 3:16 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold Guest List, Hilton Honours Diamond, Accor Gold
Is row 8 on the 320 still 34" legroom? seat guru suggests up to row 6, but I think that is incorrect.

Last edited by Dicksbits; Dec 20, 2015 at 6:01 pm

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.