Guide to flying Iberia

Old Aug 25, 2011, 11:05 am

Programs: EK IB QF
Originally Posted by JDiver
(In reply to the above, I do not know - but I think the AA liaison to IB is probably sitting in Dallas - Ft. Worth.)

In the meantime, I will little by little put together some links and resources for Iberia Plus Awards info. Maybe we can even get a Wiki going... ?

Link to Iberia Plus site

Fare codes for IB+ award redemption: Z=First; U=Business and X=Economy

Link to IB Mile Plus redemption table
All,

Could someone please give me some insight as how to select seats in advance using the Finnair website for a IB marketed flight operated by Royal Jordanian? Is it even possible in this situation?

Thank you!
Old Aug 25, 2011, 5:59 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Matre-plongeur des Muccis
If the flight is operated by RJ! I rather suspect you will have to use methods for seat selection used by RJ passengers. Contacting RJ or checking the ME airline forum may be the fastest ways to determine that.

Originally Posted by alekos47
All,

Could someone please give me some insight as how to select seats in advance using the Finnair website for a IB marketed flight operated by Royal Jordanian? Is it even possible in this situation?

Thank you!

Last edited by JDiver; Nov 4, 2011 at 8:24 pm Reason: grammar
Old Aug 30, 2011, 11:36 am

Programs: AA EXP 1.0mm, not sure where I am with hotels these days
J Diver makes a good point about the AA-IB liaison staff. My problem occurred at noon in Madrid on a Sunday, or 5am in DFW. Therefore, only the night crew could help (at the AA Plat desk), and could only do so much.

My circumstances was on the JFK - MAD 9pm scheduled departure (with a FCO connection at MAD scheduled to depart at 1145am) on 6/26/2011. Sorry but I don't have the flight number details at hand, but you can look them up on AA or IB's website. Original connection time between flights was about 1 hour 45 - not really enough in the very large Madrid airport.

JFK departure was 45 minutes late. Good weather in NY, but thorms about 250 miles to the east over Atlantic with a detour. Landed late in Madrid after circling. IB gate agents didn't hand us a pass so we could get thru passport control faster. After taking underground subway between terminal 4 and 4S, sprinted to the gate. Got to gate at 1137am, or 8 minutes prior to scheduled departure at 1145am. I saw two girls walking down the jetway, probably using my wife's and my seats. Gate agents refused to allow us on plane even though we had boarding passes. Banished us to IB service desk.

No organization at service desk. One agent after one left for a break, and one supervisor watching it all. Elite line not respected. So Europe. (Paying attention Mr. President??) Probably 100 people on line because of other missed connections. One irate passenger finally stormed off and found two more IB agents to help. While waiting called AA Plat desk. They couldn't help because the way CodeShare works is that once IB controls the ticket, AA can't do anything. JDiver points out the liaison person, however, probably during business hours, and probably for EXP (please clarify) and I'm only PLAT.

Agent put me on 745pm flight to FCO (last one for the day), although I saw other passengers on the our JFK - MAD flight getting on earlier flights as we watched from the IB loft lounge. Would not allow us to go standby because we had checked luggage, and upon arrival at FCO we were taking three trains to Sorrento. Too complicated to arrange luggage transfer to Naples.

Then 745pm flight to FCO developed mechanical issues and we had to get off plane. Announcement was that the plane would be fixed and we would depart at 215 am, arriving FCO at 445am. No one worked on the plane during this time. Passengers begin milling back to gate at 130am. No gate attendants until 230am, who then told us equipment was different gate (25 slots away).

Are we having fun yet?

Arrived FCO after yet another pushback delay at 530am. Oh yes luggage delay, but fortunately, no one was working passport control or luggage search at FCO so we strolled to the Hilton for two hours sleep like we were walking to the Hyatt at DFW.

I had to eat one night hotel in Sorrento, pay 300 euros for two hours in Hilton, and eat two expensive bullet train tickets on italiarail.

IB has yet to resolve other than to acknowledge they've received my complaint. But like many things in Europe, consumers are at the mercy of the worker.
Old Aug 31, 2011, 10:49 am

IB can be hopeless on the ground - poor organisation is a mild term for it. It seems to be part of the corporate culture, as well as encountered too often as a customer service "feature" in Spain (and many other countries) - though there are some IB employees who are eager to assist (the baggage agent I dealt with at BCN was outstanding).

I think the AA liaison with IB is for any AA-related problem - but some agents may not know about it, the EXP agent I spoke with did.
Old Sep 13, 2011, 10:22 am

Programs: UA,DL,CZ
Can someone summarize the fee with the award booking? Is it possible to change the award ticket, refund, change of the date only, any fee involved. I guess the partner award ticket can only be made by the phone, right?
Old Nov 4, 2011, 11:50 am

LONG LAYOVER in MAD (Aug 2012)

Hi all,

Flying back with IB on LIM-MAD-LHR-NCL in August. For some reason, I couldn't get the cheapest fares on the 2055 departure ex-LIM so we're having to take the lunchtime flight. This means that (on this very cheap fare) we HAVE to spend 7hrs 50 in MAD and about 5hrs in LHR.

Personally, T4 as MAD in shiny and new but has very little to do for almost 8 hours so we'd like to go into the city. To do this, I'm pretty sure we can't go through customs without all our luggage which by default will be through-checked all the way to NCL. Is there any way I can get the agent in LIM to check the bags through only as far as MAD? This way we can spend a decent amount of time in the city and be back for checkin for LHR in the afternoon? We're all UK citizens so no issues re visas etc.

Any help much appreciated, because after months away it would be nice not have to spend yet another day stuck in an airport!
Old Nov 8, 2011, 5:55 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by ncl_medic
Personally, T4 as MAD in shiny and new but has very little to do for almost 8 hours so we'd like to go into the city. To do this, I'm pretty sure we can't go through customs without all our luggage which by default will be through-checked all the way to NCL. Is there any way I can get the agent in LIM to check the bags through only as far as MAD? This way we can spend a decent amount of time in the city and be back for checkin for LHR in the afternoon? We're all UK citizens so no issues re visas etc.

Any help much appreciated, because after months away it would be nice not have to spend yet another day stuck in an airport!
I don't see why not having your bags would be a problem leaving the airport. It's not as if your bags would be getting on a flight without you and as long as you have an EU passport you can just walk out of the airport and jump on the train to the the city centre.
Old Nov 15, 2011, 9:26 am

Originally Posted by Time traveller
Would you need a six-digit Iberia Record Locator Number to get seats using Finnair's website?
AA would only give me a 5 digit number. How do I get the 6 digit Iberia locator? I called Iberia - they said they couldn't see all of the information and couldn't give me a 6 digit number.
Old Dec 28, 2011, 2:50 pm

Programs: BA - Gold for Life, CCR & GGL; IC Spire Elite Ambassador; Diamond Hilton Honors; Hyatt Discoverist
The link to the long haul Business thread does not appear to be working?
Old Dec 29, 2011, 1:32 pm

Thanks for the post - two URLs now repaired, including that one.

Originally Posted by TravellerFrequently
The link to the long haul Business thread does not appear to be working?
Old Jan 10, 2012, 7:51 pm

IB can be hopeless on the ground - poor organisation is a mild term for it. It seems to be part of the corporate culture, as well as encountered too often as a customer service "feature" in Spain (and many other countries) - though there are some IB employees who are eager to assist (the baggage agent I dealt with at BCN was outstanding).

I think the AA liaison with IB is for any AA-related problem - but some agents may not know about it, the EXP agent I spoke with did.

Does anyone know what the functioning email address is for customer relations at Iberia? I'm getting my emails bounced back on the as of yet unresolved issue described previously in this thread. Thanks !
Old Jan 15, 2012, 7:54 pm

[email protected] for Customer Relations

The entirety from InSpain is

IBERIA
www.iberia.com
Informacin: SERVIBERIA
Telfono: 902 400 500.

Centro de Atencin al Cliente /Customer Service Centre
Telfono: 915 816 790 / 902 400 433.
correo electrnico: [email protected]
Direccin Unidad Relaciones Clientes
Apartado de Correos N 548 F.D. 28080 Madrid

Incidencias con equipajes / Baggage incidents:
CAT Iberia Equipajes
Telfono: 902 341 342.
Fax: 915 149 958.
Telfono internacional: (34) 915 149 944.
Fax internacional: (34) 915 149 958.
Direccin: Apartado de Correos 36299. 28080 Madrid

On the Iberia website, in the English version you could try the webform:
http://www.iberia.com/OneToOne/v3/obsmenu.do
Old Jan 17, 2012, 2:07 pm

[email protected] for Customer Relations

The entirety from InSpain is

IBERIA
www.iberia.com
Informacin: SERVIBERIA
Telfono: 902 400 500.

Centro de Atencin al Cliente /Customer Service Centre
Telfono: 915 816 790 / 902 400 433.
correo electrnico: [email protected]
Direccin Unidad Relaciones Clientes
Apartado de Correos N 548 F.D. 28080 Madrid

Incidencias con equipajes / Baggage incidents:
CAT Iberia Equipajes
Telfono: 902 341 342.
Fax: 915 149 958.
Telfono internacional: (34) 915 149 944.
Fax internacional: (34) 915 149 958.
Direccin: Apartado de Correos 36299. 28080 Madrid

On the Iberia website, in the English version you could try the webform:
http://www.iberia.com/OneToOne/v3/obsmenu.do
Muchas gracias JD !
Old Feb 3, 2012, 7:36 am

Perhaps the bump up to EXP this year did help resolve a problem I had with IB this past summer. In addition to writing a letter to IB (thanks for the proper addresses JDiver), AA customer services again communicated with IB on my behalf. I first received a letter from IB responding to my email sent in September (received two weeks ago) saying they understand my concern but nicely, tough toenails. This past Friday, I received an email from AA which preceded another email from IB apologizing again, citing EU rules, but inviting me to send my hotel bill and unused non-refundable train ticket bill to them and they will be reimbursing me. They noted that they had received my written letter and had discussed the issue with their OW partner.

I remained polite while expressing frustration. In particular, I did not emphasize that it had been many months since I made the complaint.

Thanks to the right people at the airlines to push the issue and to posters providing solid advice.
Old Feb 22, 2012, 2:40 pm

Programs: SK*G, TK*G, AB Silver (OW Ruby), SPG Gold, Club Carlson Gold
Hey all you IB Plus fans out there,

Can you advice if I can earn Avios for an AY flight that was cancelled for technical reasons? In most other FFPs, this is possible: MA Duna Club (R.I.P), Finnair Plus, LH Miles & More, etc. On others, it is not (e.g. JAL Mileage Bank). I tried to search for this in the IB Plus General Conditions, but could not find anything. It would be important, it's a matter of lot of Avios

Gracias.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.