Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Iberia Airlines | Iberia Plus
Reload this Page >

Iberia lounges at Madrid Barajas (T4/T4S)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 22, 2013, 5:47 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Prospero
Iberia lounges at MAD Madrid-Barajas (T4/T4S)

Note: Signed in members with 90 days and 90 posts on FlyerTalk can edit/update Wikiposts. Feel free to update this Wikipost.

Departure lounges
Iberia Premium Lounge Dalí
Located in T4 immediately after security at Level 2, if departing or connecting to Schengen, IB operated London bound flights (A330/A350 excluded) or domestic flights: it is a decent lounge with free food, drinks and showers. Open 06:00 to 23:00.

Related discussion: Iberia Dali Madrid lounge experience

Iberia Premium Lounge Velázquez
Open daily 06:00 to 01:00

Located in T4S (Zone "S") at Level 1 at the edge of the duty free store. Open 24 hours, for departures to non-Schengen and long haul flights; self-serve food, drinks, wine bar (Rincón del vino), restaurant w/ limited hours, targeted to departing intercontinental overnight Iberia flyers.

Lunch buffet 14:00 – 16:30, Dinner 21:00 onwards, Bistro 21:00 - 00:30

When you exit the lounge and make your way to your departure gate, veer left through the duty free store. You can use Starbucks as a visual cue. If you veer right, you will end up in a cul-de-sac.

Arrivals lounge
Sala de Llegadas
Located in the main T4 arrivals hall at level -1. The lounge is equipped with showers and a breakfast room.

This is not a oneworld lounge. Access is provided free of charge to business class passengers who have arrived on an Iberia operated flight of more that 4 hours. Iberia Plus Platinum, Gold, and Singular members may also use the lounge provided they have also arrived on an Iberia operated flight of more than 4 hours. Paid entrance is also available

Lounge hopping
Terminal 4 and 4S are joined by a subterranean train; it is unlikely to lounge hop as the gatekeepers are rather strict about using the appropriate lounge.
Print Wikipost

Iberia lounges at Madrid Barajas (T4/T4S)

Search this Thread

Old Feb 9, 2017, 2:18 am

Programs: IB+, BAEC
Originally Posted by dustbuster
Does anyone know if it's possible to exit T4S to landside from the departures area? I'm asking because I have a very long transit (T4->T4S) and would like to use the lounge in T4S before heading into the city for a few hours.
Yes, it's possible but you will have to pass through passport control. There are signs for exit and baggage claim.

Though I would say while the T4S lounge is clearly nicer, if you just want a shower and some food, the T4 lounge is perfectly adequate without losing a half hour.
Old Feb 9, 2017, 2:42 am

Programs: AADVANTAGE, Iberia Plus, BA Exec Blue, Hertz #1Gold, HHonors Gold, AS, Paradores Amigos
​​​Passport control, baggage claim etc, all being in T4 not T4S, of course.

All Iberia lounges are good. Great, even, compared to most of what's on offer in US, I have to say.

Last edited by johnash; Feb 9, 2017 at 2:45 am Reason: Addition.
Old Feb 9, 2017, 2:49 am

Programs: Costco Executive, RaceTrac Sultan of Soda, Chick-fil-A Red
Originally Posted by johnash
​​​Passport control, baggage claim etc, all being in T4 not T4S, of course.

All Iberia lounges are good. Great, even, compared to most of what's on offer in US, I have to say.
Can't say I disagree. Having finger sandwiches is considered an exclusive First Class lounge amenity in the US.
Old Apr 23, 2017, 10:37 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, Hilton Honors Gold
I understand when you disembark at MAD T4 you are in an area shared for departures and arrivals - if this is the case is it possible to visit the T4 Dali lounge after I have landed to grab a quick bite to eat before leaving for my hotel?
Old Apr 23, 2017, 10:49 am

Originally Posted by wheatbeer
I understand when you disembark at MAD T4 you are in an area shared for departures and arrivals - if this is the case is it possible to visit the T4 Dali lounge after I have landed to grab a quick bite to eat before leaving for my hotel?
Iberia does not do arrival access.
Old Apr 23, 2017, 11:13 am

Originally Posted by miamiflyer8
Iberia does not do arrival access.
That's a shame. Thanks for the quick reply miamiflyer8.

Hopefully I can find something else at the airport.
Old Apr 23, 2017, 11:46 am

That's a shame. Thanks for the quick reply miamiflyer8.

Hopefully I can find something else at the airport.
The agents at the desk are quite friendly so I guess you could nicely ask them and present your bp with "I just need some water quickly" and they could let you in.
Old Apr 23, 2017, 11:59 am

Originally Posted by miamiflyer8
The agents at the desk are quite friendly so I guess you could nicely ask them and present your bp with "I just need some water quickly" and they could let you in.
Oh ok cool will try my luck . Thanks for your help.
Old Apr 23, 2017, 12:35 pm

Oh ok cool will try my luck . Thanks for your help.
You're welcome! Have a safe trip!
Old Jun 17, 2017, 4:10 am

Programs: BA Gold, QF NB
I'm flying MAD-LGW-GLA in a few weeks time with the first leg on I2. From what I've read it seems like I'll be departing from T4 (at the non-Schengen bit) but as it is a non-Schengen flight will I be able to go across to T4S to go to the Velázquez lounge then get the transit back to T4? I've got a few extra hours to kill as my friends fly out a few hours earlier on U2 so was planning to get the Metro out to the airport with them so I will have a bit more spare time to (hopefully) lounge hop.
Old Jun 17, 2017, 4:42 am

Programs: IB+, BAEC
You shouldn't be allowed into T4S, but maybe you can talk your way past passport control (easier if you are an EU citizen).

Note that coming back you will have to go through security again at T4.
Old Jun 17, 2017, 7:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BA, AF
They sometimes call the MAD-LHR/LGW T4 flights in the T4S lounge - I'm guessing for connecting pax inbound from non-Schengen destinations. They then seem to be bussed over from a gate in T4S. Not really sure how this works (maybe triggered your presence in the lounge?) but you may not need to go back on the transit and reclear security.
Old Jun 17, 2017, 3:44 pm

Originally Posted by perthflyer
I'm flying MAD-LGW-GLA in a few weeks time with the first leg on I2. From what I've read it seems like I'll be departing from T4 (at the non-Schengen bit) but as it is a non-Schengen flight will I be able to go across to T4S to go to the Velázquez lounge then get the transit back to T4? I've got a few extra hours to kill as my friends fly out a few hours earlier on U2 so was planning to get the Metro out to the airport with them so I will have a bit more spare time to (hopefully) lounge hop.
I have done it a few times but it depends on who you get at passport control on the day. Others report being turned back.
Old Jul 7, 2017, 1:41 pm

Programs: AADVANTAGE, Iberia Plus, BA Exec Blue, Hertz #1Gold, HHonors Gold, AS, Paradores Amigos
I have read that the Velázquez lounge is undergoing some works and that this is leading to overcrowding, even, it was suggested, being closed at times to any more clients.

All the Iberia web site says is "The Velázquez VIP Lounge will be undergoing building works for several months. During this time, some of the services usually offered may not be available."

No indication of when they started and how long they are due to go on for. Does anyone have any more info concerning this disruption please?
Old Jul 7, 2017, 5:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BA, AF
It started on Monday and there are reports (can't find the thread right now, think it was on the AA forum) that half the lounge is closed. Which is totally fine from 4pm to 9pm, but horrendous 10am-1pm and 9pm-midnight.

I'll be there Monday (for a 12:20 flight...) and will report back.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.