Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Iberia Airlines | Iberia Plus
Reload this Page >

Iberia lounges at Madrid Barajas (T4/T4S)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 22, 2013, 5:47 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Prospero
Iberia lounges at MAD Madrid-Barajas (T4/T4S)

Note: Signed in members with 90 days and 90 posts on FlyerTalk can edit/update Wikiposts. Feel free to update this Wikipost.

Departure lounges
Iberia Premium Lounge Dalí
Located in T4 immediately after security at Level 2, if departing or connecting to Schengen, IB operated London bound flights (A330/A350 excluded) or domestic flights: it is a decent lounge with free food, drinks and showers. Open 06:00 to 23:00.

Related discussion: Iberia Dali Madrid lounge experience

Iberia Premium Lounge Velázquez
Open daily 06:00 to 01:00

Located in T4S (Zone "S") at Level 1 at the edge of the duty free store. Open 24 hours, for departures to non-Schengen and long haul flights; self-serve food, drinks, wine bar (Rincón del vino), restaurant w/ limited hours, targeted to departing intercontinental overnight Iberia flyers.

Lunch buffet 14:00 – 16:30, Dinner 21:00 onwards, Bistro 21:00 - 00:30

When you exit the lounge and make your way to your departure gate, veer left through the duty free store. You can use Starbucks as a visual cue. If you veer right, you will end up in a cul-de-sac.

Arrivals lounge
Sala de Llegadas
Located in the main T4 arrivals hall at level -1. The lounge is equipped with showers and a breakfast room.

This is not a oneworld lounge. Access is provided free of charge to business class passengers who have arrived on an Iberia operated flight of more that 4 hours. Iberia Plus Platinum, Gold, and Singular members may also use the lounge provided they have also arrived on an Iberia operated flight of more than 4 hours. Paid entrance is also available

Lounge hopping
Terminal 4 and 4S are joined by a subterranean train; it is unlikely to lounge hop as the gatekeepers are rather strict about using the appropriate lounge.
Print Wikipost

Iberia lounges at Madrid Barajas (T4/T4S)

Search this Thread

Old Aug 10, 2016, 3:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BA, AF
You'll actually be arriving and departing from T4, not T4S. The lounge in T4 is not open all night nor do I remember relaxation areas there (at least nothing like those in T4S).

In all likelihood they probably would not check the bags through unfortunately, but you could try. By the time you get the bags check-in should be closed for the night but there might be a desk or two open.

Lastly, have you thought about your backup plan if LGW-MAD is cancelled? That's the last flight to Madrid on all airlines (Norwegian is similarly timed so is an easyJet I believe) and the first LHR-MAD doesn't get in till 09:40.
Old Aug 10, 2016, 5:51 pm
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: Star Alliance Gold, Iberia Oro, SkyTeam - Elite Plus, Le Club Accor - Platinum
The T4 Dali lounge does have a relaxation area - at the back of the area to the left of the reception desk. You can't book a space in advance, although in my experience it doesn't tend to be busy.

However, it is correct, the Dali lounge is not 24h, unlike the T4S lounge. If you were travelling BA on the flight to LHR then you'd be able to use the Velázquez lounge as the BA flights depart from T4S - I have slept overnight here and it was perfectly fine.
Old Aug 11, 2016, 7:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/LTP, BA GGL/CCR/GfL, HH D/LTD, SPG/MR Plat/LTP
The Dali Lounge in T4S is open 05.45-23.00

The Velasques Lounge in T4 is open 24h, and does indeed have an area for relaxation, suitable for some hours sleep
Old Aug 11, 2016, 8:12 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, TK Elite, Hilton Diamond
Thanks for all your replies. Its a tough choice as by the time we have got the bags it may well be after 12.30am, then a taxi to a hotel or waiting for a shuttle (if they even run then), just to return a few hours later seems like a lot of faffing about, not to mention expensive. Premium rooms in the terminal look like they wont take 2 adults and 2 kids in 1 room so doesnt look like an option either.

I guess I will try to see if there is any chance to get over to the Velázquez lounge, but more than likely will just wait for the Dali lounge at 5.45am and get at least a few hours before the flight somewhere more comfortable than the main terminal building.
Wife will kill me when I suggest the night in the terminal with the kids, luckily a nice Caribbean cruise after should soften the blow
Old Aug 11, 2016, 9:36 am

Programs: BA Silver
Originally Posted by englisha
I guess I will try to see if there is any chance to get over to the Velázquez lounge, but more than likely will just wait for the Dali lounge at 5.45am and get at least a few hours before the flight somewhere more comfortable than the main terminal building.
Wife will kill me when I suggest the night in the terminal with the kids, luckily a nice Caribbean cruise after should soften the blow
From my experience there is no way they will let you through to T4S and even if you make it to T4S that the agent in the lounge will let you in.

I have spent a night in terminals before but with two kids this sounds very (very) rough. I would go to a hotel even with the hassle involved.
Old Aug 11, 2016, 11:25 am

Originally Posted by Innocent Abroad
I have spent a night in terminals before but with two kids this sounds very (very) rough. I would go to a hotel even with the hassle involved.
I agree, there are inexpensive hotels a shuttle ride away and basically any kind a 15-20 min taxi ride away (and there are still trains at that time, too).
Old Aug 19, 2016, 11:46 am

Programs: Star Alliance Gold (A3 Gold), Oneworld Emerald (BA Gold), Hilton Diamond
I've got something similar in November, arriving into T1 on Ryanair at 00:05 and flying BA out of T4S at 11:05 that morning.

I will be travelling HBO. Will there be any issues getting across to Terminal T4S or into the lounge, if I'm able to download the boarding pass?
Old Aug 19, 2016, 12:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I don't see why there would be an issue with that.
Old Aug 19, 2016, 12:08 pm

Programs: Star Alliance Gold (A3 Gold), Oneworld Emerald (BA Gold), Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by BA6501
I don't see why there would be an issue with that.
Thanks BA6501, just checking. ^
Old Aug 20, 2016, 2:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/LTP, BA GGL/CCR/GfL, HH D/LTD, SPG/MR Plat/LTP
No probs, you'll be fine with that
Old Aug 21, 2016, 9:50 am

Programs: BA GGL, IHG Spire Elite Ambassador, HH Diamond, Avis President’s Club
I'm in the 4S lounge now and last time I was here I remember there being a nice bottle of brut champagne or cava on the bar table... It's not here anymore.

Is there something I'm missing or has this been removed?

Those little bottles of cava are too sweet for me (first world problems I know)

Thanks in advance
Old Aug 21, 2016, 1:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

When was the last time? I can't remember that in over a year...
Old Aug 21, 2016, 4:14 pm

I recall the smaller (benjamin) bottles but no real bottles before.
Old Aug 22, 2016, 5:04 am

Programs: BA GGL, IHG Spire Elite Ambassador, HH Diamond, Avis President’s Club
Originally Posted by BA6501
When was the last time? I can't remember that in over a year...
Last May for sure, several times in March,April and May this year...

Maybe it was just whenever certain flights were leaving? Maybe Qatar airways hours like the Oslo lounge does
Old Sep 6, 2016, 2:25 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, Hilton Silver, Marriott Gold
As noted in the inflight catering thread, this was my first time flying Iberia business class, as I am usually a Star Alliance flyer. I was able to use the Dali lounge (after spending a bit of time finding it!) on a recent trip.

I was there around 8pm-10pm, and it was quite empty. However, there were also dirty dishes and glasses all over. Also, there was a cool wine bar setup which was supposed to allow you to sample the wines served in Business Plus, but it seemed like all of the bottles were empty. In general, the lounge could benefit from more frequent cleaning and replenishment of food/ice/beverages, etc.

I thought the food - wraps and sandwiches in plastic containers, as if the staff went to a supermarket to buy them, left a bit to be desired presentation-wise. I wish there was maybe a wider selection of meats like chorizo and jamón, and cheeses beyond the wrapped wedges of camembert, since Spain is justly well-known for its meats and cheeses.

On the positive side, I did enjoy the selection of Spanish dessert wines. (A fan of Pedro Ximenez sherry!)

I also liked my DIY affogato, with the Haagen-Dazs selection and espresso machine on hand! ^

The rest area with beds looked nice - even had a pillow menu.

P.S. Just saw there is a separate thread for just this lounge - moderators please move over if you think it's more appropriate there.
Attached Images     

Last edited by flaii; Sep 6, 2016 at 3:10 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.