Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Iberia Airlines | Iberia Plus
Reload this Page >

Iberia lounges at Madrid Barajas (T4/T4S)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 22, 2013, 5:47 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Prospero
Iberia lounges at MAD Madrid-Barajas (T4/T4S)

Note: Signed in members with 90 days and 90 posts on FlyerTalk can edit/update Wikiposts. Feel free to update this Wikipost.

Departure lounges
Iberia Premium Lounge Dalí
Located in T4 immediately after security at Level 2, if departing or connecting to Schengen, IB operated London bound flights (A330/A350 excluded) or domestic flights: it is a decent lounge with free food, drinks and showers. Open 06:00 to 23:00.

Related discussion: Iberia Dali Madrid lounge experience

Iberia Premium Lounge Velázquez
Open daily 06:00 to 01:00

Located in T4S (Zone "S") at Level 1 at the edge of the duty free store. Open 24 hours, for departures to non-Schengen and long haul flights; self-serve food, drinks, wine bar (Rincón del vino), restaurant w/ limited hours, targeted to departing intercontinental overnight Iberia flyers.

Lunch buffet 14:00 – 16:30, Dinner 21:00 onwards, Bistro 21:00 - 00:30

When you exit the lounge and make your way to your departure gate, veer left through the duty free store. You can use Starbucks as a visual cue. If you veer right, you will end up in a cul-de-sac.

Arrivals lounge
Sala de Llegadas
Located in the main T4 arrivals hall at level -1. The lounge is equipped with showers and a breakfast room.

This is not a oneworld lounge. Access is provided free of charge to business class passengers who have arrived on an Iberia operated flight of more that 4 hours. Iberia Plus Platinum, Gold, and Singular members may also use the lounge provided they have also arrived on an Iberia operated flight of more than 4 hours. Paid entrance is also available

Lounge hopping
Terminal 4 and 4S are joined by a subterranean train; it is unlikely to lounge hop as the gatekeepers are rather strict about using the appropriate lounge.
Print Wikipost

Iberia lounges at Madrid Barajas (T4/T4S)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 4, 2016, 12:16 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by LupineChemist
The Dalí lounge is for short Schengen stays. For people that are going to be there for several hours, the train to the city center takes 30 minutes and costs less than 3€ each way.
Not much going on in central Madrid on Christmas Eve, which is when I was there.
Old Jan 5, 2016, 4:32 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, HH Gold
Quick review on my recent lounge experience:
Had a longer layover in MAD – Schengen to Schengen, so checked into the designated Dali lounge. During some times the lounge looked quite full but there was never a problem to find a seat, even with an empty seat right next to. While this time not travelling with the kids, they have a cute kids’ corner as well as two TV lounges which one was used by a family, the TV was set to cartoons. No hot food but plenty of other options such as different individual packed salads (tasty), wraps and sandwiches. Cheese, crackers, potato chips and fruits. Decent coffee, plenty of sodas and bottled water. Mid- to lower shelf liquor but a nice wine selection (I counted 3 different reds and whites). The cooler had another white, a sherry (I think it was sherry) and cava (only semi secco) – all in baby bottles. A really nice lounge in my opinion for basically most short haul connections. The lounge was well staffed, friendly reception folks and frequent cleaning in bathrooms and in the main lounge area took place. Definitely a nice place to relax and grab a bite!
Since I had a lot of time to kill, I made the way to T4S in hope to check out the other lounge. Unfortunately I was not granted access at passport control.
Old Feb 7, 2016, 9:21 am

Hi
Sorry if asked before, I have a priority pass card and flying from Madrid t4s to Lhr, which would be the best loung for me to use.
Thanks
Old Feb 7, 2016, 9:52 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges and Environmentally Friendly Travel

Your Priority Pass membership will allow you access to the Amnios Lounge at T4S. The lounge is currently closed for refurbishment and is due to reopen on 01 March

Old Feb 7, 2016, 10:13 am

Originally Posted by Prospero
Your Priority Pass membership will allow you access to the Amnios Lounge at T4S. The lounge is currently closed for refurbishment and is due to reopen on 01 March
In the meantime, apparently there is a temporary lounge pre-security.
Old Feb 8, 2016, 12:33 am

The beer selection has improved, 8 different (all from San Miguel/Mahon)
the other day as well as corresponding glasses for a couple of them

Old Mar 11, 2016, 10:34 pm

Programs: AA Million Miler, Bonvoy Lifetime Gold, Global Entry
I will be flying from DFW to AMS via Madrid in August in Business. Will I be able to access the Iberia arrivals lounge in MAD (DFW to MAD is AA, MAD to AMS is IB)?
Old Mar 12, 2016, 12:28 am

Programs: AADVANTAGE, Iberia Plus, BA Exec Blue, Hertz #1Gold, HHonors Gold, AS, Paradores Amigos
Originally Posted by scottinaz
I will be flying from DFW to AMS via Madrid in August in Business. Will I be able to access the Iberia arrivals lounge in MAD (DFW to MAD is AA, MAD to AMS is IB)?
I'm afraid I think the short answer is "no". From the Iberia web site:-

We invite you to step in whenever you travel in Business class and your final destination is Madrid on a more than four hour long flight operated by Iberia Group.
Our Iberia Plus Platinum customers (on flights operated and/or marketed by Iberia Group, Vueling and oneworld flights), Iberia Plus Gold and Iberia Singular customers (on flights operated and/or marketed by Iberia Group) will also have access when travelling with final destination Madrid on flights of more than 4 hours, regardless of the class they fly in.

Two things against you. Not arriving on Iberia and final destination not Madrid! But you should be able to use the appropriate Iberia departure lounge which are really very good.

Last edited by johnash; Mar 12, 2016 at 12:57 am
Old Mar 12, 2016, 3:56 am

Programs: IB+, BAEC
Originally Posted by scottinaz
As was mentioned, the answer is no, but you will have access to the Schengen lounge just past security. Arrivals and departures aren't segregated in the Schengen area so you are free to go there and then walk back on out with security being the only annoyance.
Old Mar 15, 2016, 12:47 pm

Programs: Costco Executive, RaceTrac Sultan of Soda, Chick-fil-A Red
Originally Posted by johnash
I'm afraid I think the short answer is "no". From the Iberia web site:-

We invite you to step in whenever you travel in Business class and your final destination is Madrid on a more than four hour long flight operated by Iberia Group.
Our Iberia Plus Platinum customers (on flights operated and/or marketed by Iberia Group, Vueling and oneworld flights), Iberia Plus Gold and Iberia Singular customers (on flights operated and/or marketed by Iberia Group) will also have access when travelling with final destination Madrid on flights of more than 4 hours, regardless of the class they fly in.

Two things against you. Not arriving on Iberia and final destination not Madrid! But you should be able to use the appropriate Iberia departure lounge which are really very good.
A third one is not being an IB elite.
Old Apr 16, 2016, 9:51 pm

Programs: tk gold, lh ftl, ab gold
So is the restaurant inside Velazquez only for IB status customers and business class flyers, not for OW status customers?
Old Apr 17, 2016, 1:35 am

Programs: Costco Executive, RaceTrac Sultan of Soda, Chick-fil-A Red
Originally Posted by igor82j
So is the restaurant inside Velazquez only for IB status customers and business class flyers, not for OW status customers?
I think it's only for J passengers. It's worth asking though.
Old May 4, 2016, 2:49 pm

delete

Last edited by the_fox; Jun 28, 2016 at 2:14 pm
Old May 25, 2016, 11:33 pm

Programs: BA Executive Club Silver
Firstly apologies if this has been answered elsewhere on the thread, but I am finding it hard to get a definitive answer. I have 4hr layover in MAD arriving in T4S from Rio continuing to LHR from T4 flying IB in Y with no status. Are there any lounges I can access with a one off payment....basically I just want a shower! Thanks
Old May 26, 2016, 2:34 am

Programs: IB+, BAEC
There is the Plaza Mayor lounge (formerly La Revoltosa) but they do not have showers.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.