Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Iberia Airlines | Iberia Plus
Reload this Page >

Iberia lounges at Madrid Barajas (T4/T4S)

Old Mar 22, 2013, 5:47 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Prospero
Iberia lounges at MAD Madrid-Barajas (T4/T4S)

Note: Signed in members with 90 days and 90 posts on FlyerTalk can edit/update Wikiposts. Feel free to update this Wikipost.

Departure lounges
Iberia Premium Lounge Dal
Located in T4 immediately after security at Level 2, if departing or connecting to Schengen, IB operated London bound flights (A330/A350 excluded) or domestic flights: it is a decent lounge with free food, drinks and showers. Open 06:00 to 23:00.

Related discussion: Iberia Dali Madrid lounge experience

Iberia Premium Lounge Velzquez
Open daily 06:00 to 01:00

Located in T4S (Zone "S") at Level 1 at the edge of the duty free store. Open 24 hours, for departures to non-Schengen and long haul flights; self-serve food, drinks, wine bar (Rincn del vino), restaurant w/ limited hours, targeted to departing intercontinental overnight Iberia flyers.

Lunch buffet 14:00 16:30, Dinner 21:00 onwards, Bistro 21:00 - 00:30

When you exit the lounge and make your way to your departure gate, veer left through the duty free store. You can use Starbucks as a visual cue. If you veer right, you will end up in a cul-de-sac.

Arrivals lounge
Sala de Llegadas
Located in the main T4 arrivals hall at level -1. The lounge is equipped with showers and a breakfast room.

This is not a oneworld lounge. Access is provided free of charge to business class passengers who have arrived on an Iberia operated flight of more that 4 hours. Iberia Plus Platinum, Gold, and Singular members may also use the lounge provided they have also arrived on an Iberia operated flight of more than 4 hours. Paid entrance is also available

Lounge hopping
Terminal 4 and 4S are joined by a subterranean train; it is unlikely to lounge hop as the gatekeepers are rather strict about using the appropriate lounge.
Print Wikipost

Iberia lounges at Madrid Barajas (T4/T4S)

Old Sep 11, 2015, 1:10 pm

Programs: AADVANTAGE, Iberia Plus, BA Exec Blue, Hertz #1Gold, HHonors Gold, AS, Paradores Amigos
Originally Posted by ExRSA
Going to be arriving at 4S (I think) on AA / US flight from PHL business class. Would I be able to get into the IB arrivals lounge?

Thx
We wish so as we too are flying back PHL-MAD in J but the answer is basically "no". From the Iberia web site:-

We invite you to step in whenever you travel in Business class and your final destination is Madrid on a more than four hour long flight operated by Iberia Group.

Our Iberia Plus Platinum customers (on flights operated and/or marketed by Iberia Group, Vueling and oneworld flights), Iberia Plus Gold and Iberia Singular customers (on flights operated and/or marketed by Iberia Group) will also have access when travelling with final destination Madrid on flights of more than 4 hours, regardless of the class they fly in.
Old Sep 11, 2015, 3:45 pm

Was there this morning. Everything remains exactly the same.

Originally Posted by Viajero Millero
This a morning flight, no? If before 11am or so you should expect smoked salmon, queso fresco, general pastries, grilled tomatoes and mushrooms, egg tortillas (single serving) and some sort of bacon/ham.

That's the hot food. Here's a pic from my most recent visit. Unsure if this has changed.

There's also a bunch of premade sandwiches with different fillings and of course, all the alcohol and wines are readily available.
Old Sep 17, 2015, 1:25 pm

Programs: BA Gold
Just wondering which lounge would work best for my flight next week.
Arrival from DUS on IB at 9.45 pm and departung to SCL with LAN at 00:15 and would like to grab a shower before (full day sightseeing before a nightflight). Flights are eco but I' Oneworld Sapphier.

could I catch a shower at the Dali Lounge before hopping over to T4S?
Old Sep 17, 2015, 2:38 pm

You probably could (if they are still open).

But I would actually advise you to shower at Velazquez at T4 as you'll be much closer to your gate.
Old Sep 17, 2015, 2:54 pm

Programs: BA Gold
You probably could (if they are still open).

But I would actually advise you to shower at Velazquez at T4 as you'll be much closer to your gate.
Are there showers? From what I found out online so far there wasn't any mention of them, thats why I thought to try the Schengen lounge first
Old Sep 17, 2015, 4:13 pm

They do have showers in Velzquez.
Old Sep 17, 2015, 6:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BA
Very nice ones too.
Old Sep 24, 2015, 6:11 am

Programs: AY, SK, TK
Was there this morning. Everything remains exactly the same.
Oh it seems I have been there too, but I missed that breakfast offering. Was it on the other side of the lounge? Never been there before during morning, so I did not check the other side.
Old Oct 8, 2015, 11:13 am

I'm going to book an award flight using IB Avios for IB3340 (MAD-RAK, 2 hrs) in March 2016. Because of the current discount, "Blue" economy is 4500 Avios +$30-40 in fees, and business class is 9K Avios and about the same amount in fees. Based on the seats themselves, it's probably not worth the extra Avios. The meals in business would be a bonus, but not enough to justify the extra Avios. But if I get good lounge access in MAD, then I'll do business. Because MAD-RAK is more or less domestic (A320), am I correct in thinking that I would have access to Dali lounge?
Old Oct 8, 2015, 11:17 am

Programs: IB+, BAEC
Originally Posted by DaveInLA
I'm going to book an award flight using IB Avios for IB3340 (MAD-RAK, 2 hrs) in March 2016. Because of the current discount, "Blue" economy is 4500 Avios +$30-40 in fees, and business class is 9K Avios and about the same amount in fees. Based on the seats themselves, it's probably not worth the extra Avios. The meals in business would be a bonus, but not enough to justify the extra Avios. But if I get good lounge access in MAD, then I'll do business. Because MAD-RAK is more or less domestic (A320), am I correct in thinking that I would have access to Dali lounge?
You will actually have access to the Velzquez lounge as RAK leaves from T4S as it is a non-Schengen flight. It doesn't have anything to do with distance but rather immigration. (There are a few exceptions to this, but it's not worth going into here)
Old Oct 20, 2015, 4:25 pm

Programs: whatever gets me where i want
Any reviews of the Velazquez Bistro service? Or information on what time it starts? I suppose I just show my boarding pass to one of the lounge attendants and that grants me access to the pre-flight dinner? My flight departs to non-Schengen at about midnight so I'm pretty sure I qualify. Is it in particular area of the lounge or the general food offering just changes. I am not too clear from the info provided on the iberia site.
Old Oct 20, 2015, 7:40 pm

The Bistro opens at 21.00 and is a separate room in the lounge (far end on your right as you enter). The food is chosen to be different from what you will be offered on the plane, you just need a Business Plus boarding pass.
Old Oct 21, 2015, 8:20 am

The lounge in Terminal 4S is by far of one the finest Business Class lounges in the OneWorld network. Always great to spend some time there.
Old Oct 22, 2015, 3:09 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, HH Gold
Ill have a longish layover in MAD and was wondering if I can access both lounges T4 and T4S just to kill some time. Ill fly in J and have OW Sapphire with BA. Flight in and out are both Schengen. I read in the header that lounge hopping is not possible, just wondering if that has changed? Thanks for advice!
Old Oct 22, 2015, 3:39 am

Programs: IB+, BAEC
Originally Posted by euromountain
Ill have a longish layover in MAD and was wondering if I can access both lounges T4 and T4S just to kill some time. Ill fly in J and have OW Sapphire with BA. Flight in and out are both Schengen. I read in the header that lounge hopping is not possible, just wondering if that has changed? Thanks for advice!
There was a trip report that apparently someone was let through immigration to go to T4S so it may be worth a shot (understanding that if it doesn't work you'll have to take the train back and re-clear security). I would imagine it's probably more likely to work if you have an EU passport. Remember to get back to T4 main you will have to re-clear security regardless so you need to plan a healthy amount of time to get back.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.