Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Iberia Airlines | Iberia Plus
Reload this Page >

Iberia lounges at Madrid Barajas (T4/T4S)

Old Mar 22, 2013, 5:47 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Prospero
Iberia lounges at MAD Madrid-Barajas (T4/T4S)

Note: Signed in members with 90 days and 90 posts on FlyerTalk can edit/update Wikiposts. Feel free to update this Wikipost.

Departure lounges
Iberia Premium Lounge Dal
Located in T4 immediately after security at Level 2, if departing or connecting to Schengen, IB operated London bound flights (A330/A350 excluded) or domestic flights: it is a decent lounge with free food, drinks and showers. Open 06:00 to 23:00.

Related discussion: Iberia Dali Madrid lounge experience

Iberia Premium Lounge Velzquez
Open daily 06:00 to 01:00

Located in T4S (Zone "S") at Level 1 at the edge of the duty free store. Open 24 hours, for departures to non-Schengen and long haul flights; self-serve food, drinks, wine bar (Rincn del vino), restaurant w/ limited hours, targeted to departing intercontinental overnight Iberia flyers.

Lunch buffet 14:00 16:30, Dinner 21:00 onwards, Bistro 21:00 - 00:30

When you exit the lounge and make your way to your departure gate, veer left through the duty free store. You can use Starbucks as a visual cue. If you veer right, you will end up in a cul-de-sac.

Arrivals lounge
Sala de Llegadas
Located in the main T4 arrivals hall at level -1. The lounge is equipped with showers and a breakfast room.

This is not a oneworld lounge. Access is provided free of charge to business class passengers who have arrived on an Iberia operated flight of more that 4 hours. Iberia Plus Platinum, Gold, and Singular members may also use the lounge provided they have also arrived on an Iberia operated flight of more than 4 hours. Paid entrance is also available

Lounge hopping
Terminal 4 and 4S are joined by a subterranean train; it is unlikely to lounge hop as the gatekeepers are rather strict about using the appropriate lounge.
Print Wikipost

Iberia lounges at Madrid Barajas (T4/T4S)

Old Aug 23, 2012, 2:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EI Silver, HH Gold, BW Gold, ABP, Seigneur des Horaires des Mucci
Originally Posted by susiesan
The flight LIS-MAD has me in F.
No it doesn't.
Old Aug 24, 2012, 5:04 pm

Programs: AA
Used WiFi Last week in T4S.
Old Aug 25, 2012, 7:00 am

Programs: BA gold, *A gold, SPG silver, HHonors gold
Sorry to dredge up this old thread
Does anyone know whether this lounge still lacks free wifi?
Thanks
Old Aug 25, 2012, 1:46 pm

Originally Posted by ESpen36
The drawback, of course, is that UK-bound IB passengers are not eligible to use the far superior Velsquez lounge.
!
Far superior?
The only difference is the buffet, which is only available in the late afternoon.
I myself prefer the airy, modern design of the Dal lounge to the grotty Velzquez, planespotters will have a different opinion of course.
Old Aug 25, 2012, 6:07 pm

Programs: MUCCI
Originally Posted by Hannibal Lecter
Far superior?
The only difference is the buffet, which is only available in the late afternoon.
I myself prefer the airy, modern design of the Dal lounge to the grotty Velzquez, planespotters will have a different opinion of course.
Velazquez is far more peacefull than Dali, for any extended stay.

Dali you have all the people constantly coming in and out to grab a drink before a short hop flight. Sometimes stugle for seats in any kind of peace/space.

Only plus side is that you are up in the roof space, although you do get good views of the roof design during your walks to/from gate as well.

[Unless you actually want to sleep, the less said about the Goya 'sleep control experiement research facility' the better!]
Old Aug 25, 2012, 6:58 pm

Programs: AA EXP 1.0mm, not sure where I am with hotels these days
Originally Posted by David-A

Dali you have all the people constantly coming in and out to grab a drink before a short hop flight. Sometimes stugle for seats in any kind of peace/space.

Only plus side is that you are up in the roof space, although you do get good views of the roof design during your walks to/from gate as well.

[Unless you actually want to sleep, the less said about the Goya 'sleep control experiement research facility' the better!]
We slept fine in the quiet room last summer ! LOL
Old Aug 26, 2012, 12:11 am

Originally Posted by David-A

]
Dal is very quiet in the evenings, Velzquez can get really busy when there are several long-haul flights and a BA flight leaving around the same time.

Last edited by Hannibal Lecter; Aug 26, 2012 at 12:22 am
Old Aug 26, 2012, 3:30 pm

Originally Posted by Hannibal Lecter
Dal is very quiet in the evenings, Velzquez can get really busy when there are several long-haul flights and a BA flight leaving around the same time.
Time of day is certainly important, although I usually find passengers who are about to fly (predominatly) long-haul to be better company!

[I.e. I would take a busy lounge of predominatly longhaul ahead of a busy lounge of shorthaul any day.]

Personally, although the artchitcture is stunning, I would still take Velazquez ahead of Dali everytime, but I like appron views.. [But having said that, you can't see anything at all out the windows when it gets dark, room reflection is it.]
Old Aug 27, 2012, 2:43 pm

OW ruby status only.

Flying BCN to MAD in Blue Class and then MAD to USA in Business Plus (all one PNR). Is this good enough for Velazquez lounge access in MAD? I take it I will not be entitled to use the lounge in BCN, though, since I'm flying out in Blue Class, even though I'm connecting to long haul C?

Originally Posted by stifle
You can use the IB lounge at BCN as well assuming it's an IB flight (don't know what blue class is).
It's a discounted economy class -- very small number of miles required.

Last edited by lkar; Aug 28, 2012 at 1:54 pm
Old Aug 28, 2012, 1:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EI Silver, HH Gold, BW Gold, ABP, Seigneur des Horaires des Mucci
You can use the IB lounge at BCN as well assuming it's an IB flight (don't know what blue class is).
Old Aug 28, 2012, 6:56 pm

Yes, blue is discounted redemption, however it is not a separate cabin, it is the same economy cabin.

And the general rule for lounge access (and the onboard service recieved) is that it does not matter how you are booked into the cabin (full fare, discount fare, full miles, discounted miles), you get everthing that goes with the cabin 'class' of serivce.

You are a economy passenger connecting onto longhaul business. You should get access.
Old Aug 30, 2012, 1:13 pm

Programs: BAEC GfL/GGL/CCR, BA Amex, Quidco, IHG Spire, Hotels.com Reinstated Gold)
Was there last week, free 30 minute wifi cards given out at the desk. As I had a 4 hour wait, the chap on the desk gave me a handful.

The biggest plus was that as a GC holder travelling economy, with the family, he allowed all 5 of us to come in for the 4 hour duration.

Ok, the biggest plus was really the unlimited Haagen Dazs

Top marks
Old Sep 7, 2012, 10:24 pm

Hi!

Just a quick question. I booked a return economy flight last week (MAD-LHR) using my father's BA Executive Club account (with his permission, of course!) and given that he's a Silver card holder, I wonder if it'll be possible for me to enter the lounge, as a hypothetical guest, without him being present...
I've read that it might be possible for me to use the BA iPhone app to prove the status of the account that was used to make the booking. Is there any truth to that? Failing that, what are my options, if there even are any?!

Thank you.
:-:
Old Sep 8, 2012, 4:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Welcome to FlyerTalk.

No chance whatsoever of that happening I'm afraid. If you want to use a lounge, you'll need to pay to access the airport-run one.
Old Sep 14, 2012, 9:19 am

MAD lounges seem fairly hard to decipher. I'm looking for a lounge with a shower upon arrival. EXP arriving into MAD from US on AA metal then transferring to a low cost flight out in the next few days (Spain internal to the islands). What is the best lounge to shower in at MAD? Arriving flight comes into 4S and Departing flight is from 4.

Is Dali lounge in T4 the best option?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.