Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Iberia Airlines | Iberia Plus
Reload this Page >

Iberia lounges at Madrid Barajas (T4/T4S)

Old Mar 22, 2013, 5:47 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Prospero
Iberia lounges at MAD Madrid-Barajas (T4/T4S)

Note: Signed in members with 90 days and 90 posts on FlyerTalk can edit/update Wikiposts. Feel free to update this Wikipost.

Departure lounges
Iberia Premium Lounge Dal
Located in T4 immediately after security at Level 2, if departing or connecting to Schengen, IB operated London bound flights (A330/A350 excluded) or domestic flights: it is a decent lounge with free food, drinks and showers. Open 06:00 to 23:00.

Related discussion: Iberia Dali Madrid lounge experience

Iberia Premium Lounge Velzquez
Open daily 06:00 to 01:00

Located in T4S (Zone "S") at Level 1 at the edge of the duty free store. Open 24 hours, for departures to non-Schengen and long haul flights; self-serve food, drinks, wine bar (Rincn del vino), restaurant w/ limited hours, targeted to departing intercontinental overnight Iberia flyers.

Lunch buffet 14:00 16:30, Dinner 21:00 onwards, Bistro 21:00 - 00:30

When you exit the lounge and make your way to your departure gate, veer left through the duty free store. You can use Starbucks as a visual cue. If you veer right, you will end up in a cul-de-sac.

Arrivals lounge
Sala de Llegadas
Located in the main T4 arrivals hall at level -1. The lounge is equipped with showers and a breakfast room.

This is not a oneworld lounge. Access is provided free of charge to business class passengers who have arrived on an Iberia operated flight of more that 4 hours. Iberia Plus Platinum, Gold, and Singular members may also use the lounge provided they have also arrived on an Iberia operated flight of more than 4 hours. Paid entrance is also available

Lounge hopping
Terminal 4 and 4S are joined by a subterranean train; it is unlikely to lounge hop as the gatekeepers are rather strict about using the appropriate lounge.
Print Wikipost

Iberia lounges at Madrid Barajas (T4/T4S)

Old Mar 6, 2012, 4:01 am

Programs: BAEC Silver
Thanks for the responses and apologies for not doing a good enough search. In the end I went through to the sala Valazquez, showered, had breakfast, a two hour nap in the "sleep" room and then hit town refreshed.
Old Mar 8, 2012, 1:37 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Matre-plongeur des Muccis
Same wines, but the Velzquez wine bar area and seating nearby has seemed more spacious to me.

Originally Posted by Hannibal Lecter

The wine bars at Dal and Velzquez are identical.
It is the "Bodega Business Plus" wine list, the selection changes fairly frequently and the list can be found here
http://www.iberia.com/OneToOne/v3/pr...ANONYMOUS=true
In addition there's a selection of other wines ( e.g. Torres Gran Coronas)which are always available and not in the wine bar but among other beverages.
Old Mar 13, 2012, 9:50 pm
aw

Programs: TK Miles & Smiles, CM ConnectMiles, AA Advantage
Could someone please tell me if the Sala Dali has sleeping rooms as well? I have a layover of about 5-6 hrs and a nap would be welcome, especially arriving from JFK.
Old Mar 14, 2012, 2:54 am

Programs: Lord OPebble - Mucci of the Hour. Diamond Class MUCCI.Chevalier du Circle Intime de Pucci
Originally Posted by aw
Could someone please tell me if the Sala Dali has sleeping rooms as well? I have a layover of about 5-6 hrs and a nap would be welcome, especially arriving from JFK.
Fairly certain NOT. Sala Velasquez in T4S does have a relaxing area but not individual rooms.
Old Mar 14, 2012, 9:52 pm
aw

Since Dali lounge is used mainly for Schengen destinations out of T4, am I right to assume that if I have a ticket to LHR I can access the Velasquez lounge out of T4S?
Old Mar 15, 2012, 1:15 am

Programs: IB+ Emerald (Platino), M&M Senator (Gold), Meli Rewards Platino, NH Platinum
Originally Posted by aw
Since Dali lounge is used mainly for Schengen destinations out of T4, am I right to assume that if I have a ticket to LHR I can access the Velasquez lounge out of T4S?
1. The Dali Lounge HAS a relax room. Ask the staff while you enter.
2. BA flights operate from T4S and the Lounge is Velzquez.
3. IB flights to LHR operate from H gates in T4 and the lounge is Dal. In this case normally you cannot enter the T4S Lounge because you would need to take the train, pass the border control and then go back in train to T4 and pass the security control once again.
Old Mar 15, 2012, 2:15 am
aw

Gracias OPeeble y Marcin83. I shall plan accordingly.
Old Mar 15, 2012, 6:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EI Silver, HH Gold, BW Gold, ABP, Seigneur des Horaires des Mucci
Originally Posted by aw
Yes if operated by BA. Otherwise no.

Note that what is and isn't operated by BA becomes rather confusing as of the start of summer season.
Old May 27, 2012, 1:03 pm

Programs: AA Gold
If one is arriving at MAD from AA 36 in business class, is it possible to use the IB lounge for a shower before leaving the terminal and going through immigration and customs? Can I use this lounge as an arrival lounge since AA has no facilities at MAD? As AA 36 arrives at 9:55 am it will be too early to check into our hotel in the city.

Also, on the return I'm on IB 3107 LIS-MAD connecting to AA 37 in business with 2 hours 15 minutes in between flights. Will I have lounge access? My husband is in coach-can I bring him into the lounge as my guest? Would the IB lounge accept an Admirals Club day pas if I can't guest him in? Which IB lounge would I use?
Old May 27, 2012, 2:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EI Silver, HH Gold, BW Gold, ABP, Seigneur des Horaires des Mucci
Arriving passengers cannot use departures lounges in Europe in general without an onward connection, and I think arrivals from outside the EU will be segregated from the departures area in MAD so you wouldn't be able to access it anyhow.

You can use the lounges in LIS and MAD on your way back, but as you aren't a oneworld emerald or sapphire member, your eligibility is by class of service only and you won't be allowed a guest.

AA passes are, unsurprisingly, not good at IB lounges. The two of you could access the La Revoltosa lounge which is paid-entry (or accepts Priority Pass).
Old May 27, 2012, 10:05 pm

Programs: AA Gold
Thank you,stifle. I'm still hoping I can get a J seat for my husband on AA 37 so he can use the lounge with me. AA is being incredibly stingy with premium seats this year, only releasing one per flight. This flight will be in early November, the 7th, so I have time to try. I am also trying to switch to IB flights on our way home but no availability with 2 J seats.
Old Jun 4, 2012, 8:39 am

This may be a silly question, but I'm flying AA MAD->DFW in Z, will they give me access to the Valazquez lounge?

I don't have any status, and this is a reward flight.

I was under the impression that I will get access.

Last edited by TravelMutt; Jun 4, 2012 at 8:51 am
Old Jun 4, 2012, 9:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Z is a first class reward, right? If so, you get access based on class of service (and if you're connecting at DFW, you can use AA Flagship lounges or Admirals Clubs as well).
Old Jun 4, 2012, 9:24 am

Originally Posted by stifle
Z is a first class reward, right? If so, you get access based on class of service (and if you're connecting at DFW, you can use AA Flagship lounges or Admirals Clubs as well).

Yes, it is First Class. I thought we would have access because we were flying First, I just wanted to make sure I could get in even though I'm not Emerald or Sapphire.

I didn't want to show up early for my flight and end up not being able to get in.

Thanks.
Old Jun 4, 2012, 10:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

You can also guest one additional person in (per F passenger).

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.