Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Iberia Airlines | Iberia Plus
Reload this Page >

Iberia lounges at Madrid Barajas (T4/T4S)

Old Mar 22, 2013, 5:47 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Prospero
Iberia lounges at MAD Madrid-Barajas (T4/T4S)

Note: Signed in members with 90 days and 90 posts on FlyerTalk can edit/update Wikiposts. Feel free to update this Wikipost.

Departure lounges
Iberia Premium Lounge Dal
Located in T4 immediately after security at Level 2, if departing or connecting to Schengen, IB operated London bound flights (A330/A350 excluded) or domestic flights: it is a decent lounge with free food, drinks and showers. Open 06:00 to 23:00.

Related discussion: Iberia Dali Madrid lounge experience

Iberia Premium Lounge Velzquez
Open daily 06:00 to 01:00

Located in T4S (Zone "S") at Level 1 at the edge of the duty free store. Open 24 hours, for departures to non-Schengen and long haul flights; self-serve food, drinks, wine bar (Rincn del vino), restaurant w/ limited hours, targeted to departing intercontinental overnight Iberia flyers.

Lunch buffet 14:00 16:30, Dinner 21:00 onwards, Bistro 21:00 - 00:30

When you exit the lounge and make your way to your departure gate, veer left through the duty free store. You can use Starbucks as a visual cue. If you veer right, you will end up in a cul-de-sac.

Arrivals lounge
Sala de Llegadas
Located in the main T4 arrivals hall at level -1. The lounge is equipped with showers and a breakfast room.

This is not a oneworld lounge. Access is provided free of charge to business class passengers who have arrived on an Iberia operated flight of more that 4 hours. Iberia Plus Platinum, Gold, and Singular members may also use the lounge provided they have also arrived on an Iberia operated flight of more than 4 hours. Paid entrance is also available

Lounge hopping
Terminal 4 and 4S are joined by a subterranean train; it is unlikely to lounge hop as the gatekeepers are rather strict about using the appropriate lounge.
Print Wikipost

Iberia lounges at Madrid Barajas (T4/T4S)

Old Sep 6, 2011, 2:57 am
Suspended

So many of the services are IB Plus member only but excludes oneworld Emerald/Sapphire?
Old Sep 6, 2011, 7:18 am

Programs: BA Gold, FB Petroleum Club, HH Gold, A-Club Platinum
Originally Posted by chongcao
So many of the services are IB Plus member only but excludes oneworld Emerald/Sapphire?

Most of the airlines (at least the OneWorld ones) have services that are not offered to OW elites but only to their members.

Finnair has the SPA, IB has the arrival showers, BA has the arrival lounge/SPA treatment on departure for Y/BA Gold and others.
Old Sep 6, 2011, 8:55 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Matre-plongeur des Muccis
From what I can determine, not too many of the "hard services" - because some services that are exclusive, like SPA shower access, includes arriving pax in Iberia Business Plus overnight longhauls. The restaurant is for night departures for Iberia Business Plus longhauls as well.

saraoutou, hablas del restaurante de la sala VIP Velzquez (Velzquez Bistro), o solo de los buffets de botanas / tapas en la sala Velzquez? El restaurante solo abre antes de salidas nocturnas de largo alcanze.

(Are you speaking of the restaurant of the Velzquez lounge, the Velzquez Bistro, or only of the snack buffets available in the lounge? The restaurant only opens prior to the departures of overnight longhaul flights.)

Big differences, I suspect. As it says on iberia.com:

"Asimismo, el restaurante de la sala VIP Velzquez (Velzquez Bistro), con cenas a la carta y vistas a las pistas, ha renovado totalmente todos los mens diseados con la asesora de Sergi Arola, adaptndose a las diferentes estaciones del ao.

Sea la hora que sea, los clientes de las salas de Iberia en la T4 (Dal, Goya y Velzquez) encuentran un buffet con una amplia variedad de platos. Bollera variada, donuts de azcar y chocolate; tortilla francesa, sndwiches de distintos sabores, todo tipo de ensaladas, paninis; galletitas saladas, fruta, helados, yogures, cafs y, ahora en verano, un producto muy espaol, el gazpacho. Y en la sala Velzquez, espacio destinado para los clientes con vuelos intercontinentales, tambin platos ms elaborados, como solomillo con manzana caramelizada, lomos de bacalao con pisto, corvina con verduras a la plancha o codorniz salteada, entre otros muchos."

More extensively, in English, New Iberia Lounges

Iberia airlines has just made Barajas even more attractive for business travelers by completely renovating its Velzquez (Terminal 4-S) lounge and by redecorating and making improvements to the dining options in its Dal and Goya, lounges, also in the airport’s T4 terminal.

All three lounges will now serve a complimentary all-hours buffet of breakfast, snack and lunch choices that include breakfast rolls, doughnuts, omelettes, a variety of sandwiches and salads, fresh fruit, ice cream and – in the summer – chilled Spanish gazpacho. In addition, the 24/7 Velzquez lounge, for passengers taking intercontinental or long-haul flights, will also offer full-portion main dishes in the new Velzquez Bistro, overlooking the runways.

Velzquez Bistro Menu

"The full a la carte menu created for the restaurant by Michelin-starred Spanish chef Sergi Arola, will feature such entrees as sirloin steak with caramelized apple, cod with Spanish ratatouille, sea bass with grilled vegetables and sauted quail. The option to have a full dinner before boarding is especially attractive to passengers departing on all-night flights, who can then spend their flight sleeping."

This will be particularly good news to those connecting at MAD onward on Iberia's redeyes out of Terminal 4-S (satellite.)

I am looking forward to potakas' report on the Velzquez Bistro. ^

Originally Posted by chongcao
Old Sep 6, 2011, 2:52 pm

Programs: FB plf; IB oro; LA black
Cuando fue (setiembre de 2010) no me hablan de restaurante, solamiente del buffet.
At those times I don't heard about any restaurant with a la carte menu. There was only a buffet (it should have been opened as I was flying to EZE, last flight of the day).
Since one year I don't fly anymore with IB due to some prices changes (thanks BA) (IB used to be the cheaper for me, now I can fly direct flys or quite (TGV first from home) for nearly the same cost).
Old Sep 6, 2011, 3:24 pm

Programs: SK*G, BA Silver, Flying Blue, VLM, VT Traveller, PC Platinum, BW Diamond
Originally Posted by johnash
Our experience is with the Dal lounge in T4 (in transit, ALC-MAD-LHR) and we had a heck of time finding it! No one seemed to know where it was and we saw no signs until we were virtually outside the door - I nearly banged my head on it as I swore, "where is this b***** place?". The receptionist agreed. "This is Barajas" she shrugged.

And, blow me, we couldn't find it again on the way back after a month in the States. Maybe it's down to our rapidly advancing years?

We'll be getting the chance to try the Velazquez lounge on the way, MAD-MIA-LAX, next year. Just hope it's easier to find.
If you check in the "guide to flying Iberia" I think I wrote the exact gate number (H57 I think) where the stairs are, otherwise look for McDonalds and you will see the tiny blue "sala VIP" signs. Basically its slap bang in the middle. Link below.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/iberi...irport-t4.html
Old Sep 15, 2011, 6:13 am

Programs: AA EXP, UA GLD, Bonvoy Titan, HH Dia, WoH Exp
globalste has written a nice review of the Dali Lounge. It is a pretty good lounge for a "business class lounge" with a good wine selection and decent breakfast and lunch options. Breakfast is mainly pastries and toast. Lunch is cold sandwiches and wraps. Not as nice as the hot food available at the LHR F class lounges, but still more than adequate.

Others have commented on not being able to find the lounge. I found plenty of signs for "VIP Lounge" leading to the Dali Lounge, right after clearing security at T4.

The shower room was very small, compared to those at LHR T5 and much smaller than showers at AAdmirals Club in the US. The ventilation was inadequate with the mirrors fogging up after the shower and the water drainage was poor in the shower stall itself. The small bottle of shower gel was of insufficient quantity.

Otherwise there was adequate space within the lounge. I do wish they had free wifi, but free ethernet connections are available to connect your laptop as well as computer terminals for use.

There are plenty of monitors showing departing flight information, but most flights do not show gate information until very close to departure time (similar to LHR).
Old Sep 15, 2011, 6:50 am

Programs: AADVANTAGE, Iberia Plus, BA Exec Blue, Hertz #1Gold, HHonors Gold, AS, Paradores Amigos
Originally Posted by Time traveller
Others have commented on not being able to find the lounge. I found plenty of signs for "VIP Lounge" leading to the Dali Lounge, right after clearing security at T4.
Thanks for the information.

The lounge may be signed for those originating here, because, as I recall, the lounge is not far from and on the same level as security. Once you find your way to that level, it's fairly easy. But in transit, we could find no signs down at the gates. And screens are not always easy to find when arriving at that terminal either.
Old Sep 15, 2011, 9:03 pm

Programs: BA Gold, FB Petroleum Club, HH Gold, A-Club Platinum
Originally Posted by Time traveller
The small bottle of shower gel was of insufficient quantity.
Side note, last time (30 Aug) they had small bottles but they had two of them.
Old Sep 17, 2011, 4:37 am

Programs: AA EXP, UA GLD, Bonvoy Titan, HH Dia, WoH Exp
Originally Posted by johnash
Thanks for the information.

The lounge may be signed for those originating here, because, as I recall, the lounge is not far from and on the same level as security. Once you find your way to that level, it's fairly easy. But in transit, we could find no signs down at the gates. And screens are not always easy to find when arriving at that terminal either.
I connected from T4S (Non-Schengen) to T4 (Schengen) so I had to re-clear security and that is where I found the signs more easily. I think within T4 for connecting flights that do not have to clear security, if you can find a map of the terminal, it will show where the "Sala VIP" is located, but then there may not be that many terminal maps around.

@potakas: it would have been nice to have a second bottle of shower gel or a larger bottle as they have in most hotel rooms.
Old Feb 24, 2012, 12:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EI Silver, HH Gold, BW Gold, ABP, Seigneur des Horaires des Mucci
Does anyone have recent experience of whether one can enter the Sala Dali if flying from T4S? The reason I ask is on Monday my wife (BA Silver/oneworld sapphire) and I will travel MAD-LCY and we would like to meet a friend who is travelling MAD-AMS on IB and guest him into the lounge. I take it he can't get to T4S, but can we all go into Sala Dali for a while?
Old Feb 29, 2012, 12:15 pm

Programs: Iplus ORO, IC Plat
Originally Posted by stifle
Does anyone have recent experience of whether one can enter the Sala Dali if flying from T4S? The reason I ask is on Monday my wife (BA Silver/oneworld sapphire) and I will travel MAD-LCY and we would like to meet a friend who is travelling MAD-AMS on IB and guest him into the lounge. I take it he can't get to T4S, but can we all go into Sala Dali for a while?
Yes, sometimes I had the same issue, some of my colleagues flight from the T4, and I will flight from the T4S, and we all meet in the T4. I think that you wont have any problem.
Old Mar 4, 2012, 7:12 am

Programs: BAEC Silver
MAD lounge access on arrival?

Will be flying JFK-MAD-JNB with an 18 hour layover in MAD. Flying J. Is it possible when I arrive to use the shower facilities at the airport lounge and then go out into the city for the day? Any advice appreciated.
Old Mar 4, 2012, 6:35 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Matre-plongeur des Muccis
Basically, the lounges at MAD Barajas are for use for departures. However, if you are arriving in Business Plus, there is an arrangement to use showers landside. Your question has been moved to the appropriate thread, where in Post 17 you will see a listing of lounges and arrival shower possibilities.

Originally Posted by wijibintheair
Will be flying JFK-MAD-JNB with an 18 hour layover in MAD. Flying J. Is it possible when I arrive to use the shower facilities at the airport lounge and then go out into the city for the day? Any advice appreciated.
Old Mar 5, 2012, 2:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EI Silver, HH Gold, BW Gold, ABP, Seigneur des Horaires des Mucci
As wijibeintheair is departing onwards to JNB, he will have access to the Iberia departures lounges. If he wants to head into Madrid, it would nevertheless be better to use the spa facilities you mentioned.
Old Mar 6, 2012, 3:18 am

Originally Posted by JDiver

Sala Velzquez (has a better wine bar)

The wine bars at Dal and Velzquez are identical.
It is the "Bodega Business Plus" wine list, the selection changes fairly frequently and the list can be found here
http://www.iberia.com/OneToOne/v3/pr...ANONYMOUS=true
In addition there's a selection of other wines ( e.g. Torres Gran Coronas)which are always available and not in the wine bar but among other beverages.

Last edited by Hannibal Lecter; Mar 6, 2012 at 4:20 pm

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.