Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Iberia Airlines | Iberia Plus
Reload this Page >

Iberia lounges at Madrid Barajas (T4/T4S)

Old Mar 22, 2013, 5:47 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Prospero
Iberia lounges at MAD Madrid-Barajas (T4/T4S)

Note: Signed in members with 90 days and 90 posts on FlyerTalk can edit/update Wikiposts. Feel free to update this Wikipost.

Departure lounges
Iberia Premium Lounge Dal
Located in T4 immediately after security at Level 2, if departing or connecting to Schengen, IB operated London bound flights (A330/A350 excluded) or domestic flights: it is a decent lounge with free food, drinks and showers. Open 06:00 to 23:00.

Related discussion: Iberia Dali Madrid lounge experience

Iberia Premium Lounge Velzquez
Open daily 06:00 to 01:00

Located in T4S (Zone "S") at Level 1 at the edge of the duty free store. Open 24 hours, for departures to non-Schengen and long haul flights; self-serve food, drinks, wine bar (Rincn del vino), restaurant w/ limited hours, targeted to departing intercontinental overnight Iberia flyers.

Lunch buffet 14:00 16:30, Dinner 21:00 onwards, Bistro 21:00 - 00:30

When you exit the lounge and make your way to your departure gate, veer left through the duty free store. You can use Starbucks as a visual cue. If you veer right, you will end up in a cul-de-sac.

Arrivals lounge
Sala de Llegadas
Located in the main T4 arrivals hall at level -1. The lounge is equipped with showers and a breakfast room.

This is not a oneworld lounge. Access is provided free of charge to business class passengers who have arrived on an Iberia operated flight of more that 4 hours. Iberia Plus Platinum, Gold, and Singular members may also use the lounge provided they have also arrived on an Iberia operated flight of more than 4 hours. Paid entrance is also available

Lounge hopping
Terminal 4 and 4S are joined by a subterranean train; it is unlikely to lounge hop as the gatekeepers are rather strict about using the appropriate lounge.
Print Wikipost

Iberia lounges at Madrid Barajas (T4/T4S)

Old Aug 2, 2011, 5:34 pm

Programs: BA Gold, FB Petroleum Club, HH Gold, A-Club Platinum
Thanks JDiver, your post is very helpful.

I was checking some information on Iberia's webpage and found some info but your post helped me understand how it works.

I would like to add that all those three lounges have Relaxation rooms, which is very nice during long layovers (or even if you end up early at the airport).

At TBS's post, there is a oneworld link that states some access rules that do not appear on Iberia's webpage.

The DALI Lounge: For use by passengers on short and medium haul flights.

The VELAZQUEZ Lounge: For use by passengers on long haul flights.

The GOYA Lounge: For use by passengers on Spanish domestic flights.

Those are exactly what JDiver said and it seems that are rules. So, if someone let you do a hop over the lounges is an exception.

May I ask here if someone that has a BP to leave from T4 can make his way to T4S just for a walk or because he is getting bored? (I'll have a 3-4 hour layover and I would like to explore the place.)

Secondly, is there a smoking place/room airside T4? I know that the lounges are smoke free but does this apply to the building as well? I want to know if I should go landside on my arrival - during the layover.
Old Aug 3, 2011, 1:52 am

Programs: Lord OPebble - Mucci of the Hour. Diamond Class MUCCI.Chevalier du Circle Intime de Pucci
Originally Posted by potakas
The VELAZQUEZ Lounge: For use by passengers on long haul flights.
Actually the Sala Velasquez is for non-Schengen PAX both SH & LH. BA for example leaves from T4S and entitled PAX use Sala Velasquez.

The lounges although non-smoking do have smoking areas with extra air extraction and there are similarly areas for smokers in the gate areas. No need to fight your way landside!
Old Aug 3, 2011, 7:17 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Matre-plongeur des Muccis
T4S lounges and smoking areas

The M22-M51 gates on level 0 are those with Schengen flights in T4S, I believe - the passengers on these flights have access to the Goya lounge on level 0, and the Velzquez, serving non-Schengen passengers such as the UK, USA, etc. is normally closed to them (airport area separation iirc), as indicated in my previous post.

I'm not positive OPebble's information is current? I know the Velzquez lounge used to have a smoking area in a semi-enclosed room adjacent to the children's play area - that area has now been closed, so unless something has developed since that occurrence, a space that is completely and independently self-contained and separately ventilated, there may be limited options for smokers. (The Velzquez lounge smoking area was in violation of EU and Spanish laws requiring completely enclosed areas for smokers - rather than the required separate ventilation, they had tower precipitators or filters, and the smoke (with its associated colorless and odorless carbon monoxide) was quite noticeable nearby.)

Dec 31 2010 release states

As, a lo largo del mes de diciembre se ha procedido a retirar progresivamente los 23 puntos autorizados para fumadores situados tanto en los 'halls' de facturacin como en las zonas de embarque y salas de recogida de equipajes de sus terminales.

Asimismo, a partir del 1 de enero tambin se eliminarn todas las zonas habilitadas para fumadores que existen en los puntos de restauracin o cafeteras.

Por tanto, a partir del da 2 de enero, no estar permitido fumar en ningn punto del interior del recinto, lo que supone un "importante paso", segn el ente pblico, en la proteccin de la salud tanto de pasajeros y acompaantes como para los trabajadores del propio aeropuerto.

Essentially, (to conform with the laws), Madrid Barajas began closing its 23 authorized smokers' areas and as of January 2 (2011) smoking will not be allowed in any interior part of the airport to protect the health of passengers, their companions and employees.

Originally Posted by OPebble
Actually the Sala Velasquez is for non-Schengen PAX both SH & LH. BA for example leaves from T4S and entitled PAX use Sala Velasquez.

The lounges although non-smoking do have smoking areas with extra air extraction and there are similarly areas for smokers in the gate areas. No need to fight your way landside!
Old Aug 4, 2011, 11:20 am

Programs: SK*G, BA Silver, Flying Blue, VLM, VT Traveller, PC Platinum, BW Diamond
It is national law in Spain as of January to smoke inside, so no, there is no smoking anymore in the whole of the terminal. All smoking sections were removed from all lounges and I think they replaced the smoking section in the Dali with a relaxing room.

I think we are all right with respect to the lounges, my experience of them has been:

Goya = Domestic flights that get bumped
Dali = All non long-haul Iberia flights
Valaquez = One World airlines, plus Iberia longhaul

If you do not have a flight that departs from T4S then you will not be allowed to use the lounge there. Similarly (sometimes dependent on the lounge dragon), if you arrive at T4 and are connecting to a flight at T4S then you will be told/strongly advised to use the T4S lounge.
Old Aug 14, 2011, 3:04 am

Programs: BA gold, IB platinum, TK gold, KLM Silver, EK, HHonours Silver, Scandic 2nd floor
hi:

I am absolutely convinced 100% there is NO free WIFI in the lounges, just cables, i even tried to hook up my Apple Airport Express in one of the cables but i could not get it to work...

i miss one point in all this lounge conversations that might help, on T4S there are 2 lounges, one for Schengen flights, (gates M) and one for intercontinental flights (gates RSU)

Also my experience is that lounge personell will allow you in the T4 lounge with BP for T4S but why should anyone want that? The T4S lounge has a nicer layout and has all the features of the T4 lounge, thye both have showers but no free wifi....
Old Aug 15, 2011, 7:45 am

No; all three lounges, two in T4-S (Goya for Schengen and Velzquez for non-Schengen) and one in T4 (Dal), are described above and locations listed. And, some people have a need to use the luonge at T4 - there is a thread about a member who wanted to run at the airport prior to his connection, and shower after at the T4 lounge (where iirc he also left his rollaboard).

Originally Posted by dutchie_226
hi:

I am absolutely convinced 100% there is NO free WIFI in the lounges, just cables, i even tried to hook up my Apple Airport Express in one of the cables but i could not get it to work...

i miss one point in all this lounge conversations that might help, on T4S there are 2 lounges, one for Schengen flights, (gates M) and one for intercontinental flights (gates RSU)

Also my experience is that lounge personell will allow you in the T4 lounge with BP for T4S but why should anyone want that? The T4S lounge has a nicer layout and has all the features of the T4 lounge, thye both have showers but no free wifi....
Old Sep 4, 2011, 12:46 pm

Programs: AADVANTAGE, Iberia Plus, BA Exec Blue, Hertz #1Gold, HHonors Gold, AS, Paradores Amigos
Our experience is with the Dal lounge in T4 (in transit, ALC-MAD-LHR) and we had a heck of time finding it! No one seemed to know where it was and we saw no signs until we were virtually outside the door - I nearly banged my head on it as I swore, "where is this b***** place?". The receptionist agreed. "This is Barajas" she shrugged.

And, blow me, we couldn't find it again on the way back after a month in the States. Maybe it's down to our rapidly advancing years?

We'll be getting the chance to try the Velazquez lounge on the way, MAD-MIA-LAX, next year. Just hope it's easier to find.

Last edited by johnash; Sep 4, 2011 at 12:49 pm Reason: Addition
Old Sep 4, 2011, 1:00 pm

Originally Posted by johnash

And, blow me, we couldn't find it again on the way back after a month in the States. Maybe it's down to our rapidly advancing years?
Hahaha, I was there last weekend. You are right that is not easy to find it, I found it easily using the BA iPhone app (has airport maps) tough.

Got some pics on my visit there.

JDiver, feel free to use them.

Dali Lounge entrance

Shower Cabin #6

Old Sep 4, 2011, 2:13 pm

Thanks, potakas! They are already in the right place. Nice photos!

johnash, if there's any signage deficiency, it's thanks to AENA, the airport operator. Sorry for your trouble - ask for "la sala VIP" (luh saluh vay ee pay) or "la sala Dal" (lu saluh dollEE) with an upturn in voice at the end (asking a question) and you should get more help form some.

For the Velzquez lounge, use the directions above -
"Level 1, beyond shops and restaurants (Zone "RSU"). You can ask for "sala Velzquez (saluh vell-USS-kess) and look up from the main floor - it's above Level 0 and is accessed via an escalator, ir I am recalling correctly.
Old Sep 4, 2011, 2:34 pm

Programs: AADVANTAGE, Iberia Plus, BA Exec Blue, Hertz #1Gold, HHonors Gold, AS, Paradores Amigos
Originally Posted by JDiver
Thanks, potakas! They are already in the right place. Nice photos!

johnash, if there's any signage deficiency, it's thanks to AENA, the airport operator. Sorry for your trouble - ask for "la sala VIP" (luh saluh vay ee pay) or "la sala Dal" (lu saluh dollEE) with an upturn in voice at the end (asking a question) and you should get more help form some.

For the Velzquez lounge, use the directions above -
"Level 1, beyond shops and restaurants (Zone "RSU"). You can ask for "sala Velzquez (saluh vell-USS-kess) and look up from the main floor - it's above Level 0 and is accessed via an escalator, ir I am recalling correctly.
Thanks JD for the advice. Yes, we were asking in Spanish as we live in Spain (I know, it doesn't follow that we can speak Spanish even if we live here. We know of a lot of people who don't!). We also had a problem finding the TV screens with the gate numbers. As I recall, they're built into the "wrong" side of the pillar (Murphy's Law) and we noticed large swathes of gates at one end of the terminal with no TV screens. Difficult when you arrive at a gate and have a tight connection. We thought T4 to be an example of design over functionality.
Old Sep 4, 2011, 7:49 pm

De nada! johnash. Yes, Barajas has some interminable walks with deficient signage. But it sure l00ks nice... (Perhaps the pseudo-castellano will be of use to non-speakers - I've heard "vell-uhs-KEWZZ" too often to count the times.)

(And not all here know Castilian is the most spoken language in Spain, but the official languages under statute are, iirc and in their languages, Castellano ("Spanish"), Euskara, Galego, Catal and Valenci; other languages are also spoken, but do not have official sanction.)

Originally Posted by johnash
Thanks JD for the advice. Yes, we were asking in Spanish as we live in Spain (I know, it doesn't follow that we can speak Spanish even if we live here. We know of a lot of people who don't!). We also had a problem finding the TV screens with the gate numbers. As I recall, they're built into the "wrong" side of the pillar (Murphy's Law) and we noticed large swathes of gates at one end of the terminal with no TV screens. Difficult when you arrive at a gate and have a tight connection. We thought T4 to be an example of design over functionality.
Old Sep 5, 2011, 12:03 pm

Terminal 4S (satellite) - Velzquez lounge , Level 1, beyond shops and restaurants (Zone "RSU"). Open 24 hours,for departures to non-Schengen longhaul flights in T-4S with its self-serve food and drinks (restaurant limited hours) and top notch wine bar (all free) is very nice. Especially now that they do not allow smoking, given the smoking room was very poorly ventilated, not closed off from the adjacent areas and next to the children's play area. (N.B. The lounge attendants are receptionists primarily - you can't expect them to do much for irops and the like.)
Just a note for this restaurant as I was doing some research for my upcoming flight JNB.

From Iberia.
The evening meal service in our restaurant is offered to all clients on night flights. Business Plus and IB Plus Gold, Platinum and Club Fiesta holders on Iberia night flights to Buenos Aires, Cordoba, Johannesburg, Lima, Mexico, Montevideo, Rio de Janeiro, Santiago de Chile, Sao Paulo, Tel Aviv, Moscow and St Petersburg.*

* Excluding flights with code share IB7XXX & IB4XXX operated by other airlines

Has anyone tried it? I would have the expectation to be better than the aircraft's food and it is convenient if you want to sleep asap.

BA call those flights, sleeper service flights and there are no inflight meals for the J cabin. Is it the same for Iberia? Can we have a meal on board?
Old Sep 5, 2011, 2:13 pm

My intercontinental departures have inevitably been before the restaurant opens. I'd love to see a review here!

J...

Has anyone tried it? I would have the expectation to be better than the aircraft's food and it is convenient if you want to sleep asap.

BA call those flights, sleeper service flights and there are no inflight meals for the J cabin. Is it the same for Iberia? Can we have a meal on board?
Old Sep 5, 2011, 2:32 pm

My intercontinental departures have inevitably been before the restaurant opens. I'd love to see a review here!
I will do it if I stick on this flight, my layover at MAD is 5 hours (JNB flight leaves 00:10). It is a miserable redemption with BA miles, BA had no availability and I booked EDI-LHR-MAD-JNB-PLZ . But if availability with BA opens again I will go direct.
Old Sep 5, 2011, 11:51 pm

Programs: FB plf; IB oro; LA black
La comida fue mucho mejor en el avion

Just a note for this restaurant as I was doing some research for my upcoming flight JNB.

From Iberia.

Have tried it in september 2010:
The lounge is fine with lot of alcoholic drinks, nice "sleeping room", good internet acces, nice snacks (sandwiches yogurts ice creams...).
BUT I did not enjoyed the food much more like an Ikea "restaurant" than what I have dreamed.
I thought it would be more "spanish" with tapas, ibericos and all that stuff and it was not at all. Much more intercontinental food.

The food was much more nicer (for mi opinion) when flying, but indeed good place for a glass

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.