Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Iberia Airlines | Iberia Plus
Reload this Page >

Iberia lounges at Madrid Barajas (T4/T4S)

Old Mar 22, 2013, 5:47 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Prospero
Iberia lounges at MAD Madrid-Barajas (T4/T4S)

Note: Signed in members with 90 days and 90 posts on FlyerTalk can edit/update Wikiposts. Feel free to update this Wikipost.

Departure lounges
Iberia Premium Lounge Dal
Located in T4 immediately after security at Level 2, if departing or connecting to Schengen, IB operated London bound flights (A330/A350 excluded) or domestic flights: it is a decent lounge with free food, drinks and showers. Open 06:00 to 23:00.

Related discussion: Iberia Dali Madrid lounge experience

Iberia Premium Lounge Velzquez
Open daily 06:00 to 01:00

Located in T4S (Zone "S") at Level 1 at the edge of the duty free store. Open 24 hours, for departures to non-Schengen and long haul flights; self-serve food, drinks, wine bar (Rincn del vino), restaurant w/ limited hours, targeted to departing intercontinental overnight Iberia flyers.

Lunch buffet 14:00 16:30, Dinner 21:00 onwards, Bistro 21:00 - 00:30

When you exit the lounge and make your way to your departure gate, veer left through the duty free store. You can use Starbucks as a visual cue. If you veer right, you will end up in a cul-de-sac.

Arrivals lounge
Sala de Llegadas
Located in the main T4 arrivals hall at level -1. The lounge is equipped with showers and a breakfast room.

This is not a oneworld lounge. Access is provided free of charge to business class passengers who have arrived on an Iberia operated flight of more that 4 hours. Iberia Plus Platinum, Gold, and Singular members may also use the lounge provided they have also arrived on an Iberia operated flight of more than 4 hours. Paid entrance is also available

Lounge hopping
Terminal 4 and 4S are joined by a subterranean train; it is unlikely to lounge hop as the gatekeepers are rather strict about using the appropriate lounge.
Print Wikipost

Iberia lounges at Madrid Barajas (T4/T4S)

Old Dec 4, 2010, 6:22 am

Programs: Mucci Grandee (Upgraded), BA Silver, AZ MilleMiglia
Originally Posted by Swanhunter
I prefer the Dali lounge as there is less smoke wafting around, and I don't value views of planes very highly. All it really lacks is the buffer food offerings.
... And up to date PCs with a reasonable internet connection speed. Otherwise yes, it's a pleasant enough place.
Old Dec 4, 2010, 7:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by BAAZ
... And up to date PCs with a reasonable internet connection speed.
Both lounges suffer from that, along with the curse of paid wifi.
Old Dec 4, 2010, 11:04 am

Originally Posted by globalste
there is no wi-fi unless you fork out deniro
I think that's dinero, unless they've made it even harder to get WiFi

Do they still have facility for your to plug in your own laptop using an Ethernet cable - which I believe was available free of charge?

It's been a year since I've been through there, but I usually travel with an Airport Express, so I plugged that in and sat wherever I wanted in the lounge (well, wherever I could see the Airport still, since I didn't want someone to walk up and unplug it on me, or worse, walk away with it).

I do agree that it's a poor show not having free WiFi, although pre-T5 BA was unfortunately the same, and the third piece of their party (AA) has paid WiFi in J lounges but free access available (using a scratch-off card) in the F lounges.
Old Dec 15, 2010, 10:16 am

Programs: AA-LTP, HH-DIA, Marriott-LT+AMB, Hyatt-Globalist, Hertz-PC, UA-GS
I was here a few days ago. The breakfast offerings were average, but way better than AA's lounges (not F). I actually sat in the same seat you took the pic from, on the right side. I will try the other lounge tomm and report back. I was offered a ethernet cable to use the internet, but couldnt find where to plug it in, in the short time that I had. Attendant said along the back wall.
Old Dec 15, 2010, 10:41 am

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold, GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond, Accor Plat, Pucci Fan Club
Doesn't the no smoking ban come into effect in January?

I was in a rural part of Spain last Monday and the bar was full of smokers complaining that from January the bars will be smoke free.... which is good news from a biased non smokers perspective (like me)!!
Old Dec 15, 2010, 3:54 pm

Programs: BA Silver; M+M Gold
Yes total smoking ban comes into force on 2nd Jan. :-)
Old Dec 15, 2010, 4:35 pm

Programs: BA Silver
The showers in this lounge are quite good. I actually prefer them to the ones in T5.
Old Jun 23, 2011, 11:00 am

Programs: AA EXP 3.13 MM, IC Plat Ambassador, Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Gold
Lounge used for MAD-LHR Flights?

Scheduled to fly IB 3162 and was wondering which lounge would be accessible for me on this flight.

Conversely, if I were to take a BA flight to LHR, would that mean the same departure area and lounge as well?

Thank you!
Old Jun 23, 2011, 12:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Originally Posted by Platinum Cub
Scheduled to fly IB 3162 and was wondering which lounge would be accessible for me on this flight.

Conversely, if I were to take a BA flight to LHR, would that mean the same departure area and lounge as well?

Thank you!
Hi,

IB 3162 would use the T4 lounge

The BA flight uses T4S with its own lounge ( better IMHO as the long haul intercontinental IB flights use T4S).

Regards

TBS
Old Jun 23, 2011, 5:11 pm

Programs: BA GGL, TK*G EL, KL P ELPL, ex AB P, ex LH/LX Sen, HHonors D4L, Bonvoy P
Originally Posted by hillrider
but there's free ethernet at the very end of either side if you bring your own cable.
The cables are now firmly attached to the wall, no more need to bring your own or borrow one.
Old Jul 8, 2011, 10:27 pm

Originally Posted by Juliusgg
This is not correct, you are always allowed to use T4 lounge, but T4S lounge is more convenient for T4S departure flights and food selection is MUCH better, breakfast, lunch and dinner buffet with hot food instead of packed sandwiches and salads.

When arriving at T4 and departure from T4S you are able to access T4 lounge as T4 terminal don't segregate arrivals/departures, it's the same airside hall.

T4Sis a different story, normally you can't access departure hall when arriving, but sometimes the door is open and you can get in directly from the plane, I guess this applies to BA operated fligths,...to get out you have of course to go trough passport control...
Well, how about arriving at T4S (on AA, I think that's where it arrives) and departing IB to ATH, all in business, I suppose from T4, fairly lengthy layover. Is it at all possible to access the T4S lounge during that layover, and how much hassle to get back to T4 gates thereafter? Thanks.
Old Jul 9, 2011, 8:19 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Matre-plongeur des Muccis
To begin with, the MAD - Madrid Barajas: lounges (all have showers)

Terminal 4 (main) Dal lounge in T4 Level 2, if departing / connecting to Schengen - domestic flights is a very decent lounge (better than any AA Admirals Club) with free food and drinks, and has showers. Open 0600 - midnight (Jul 2011).

Sala Dal seating area near entrance

Wine bar at Sala Dal (Rincn del Vino)

Terminal 4S (satellite) - Velzquez lounge , Level 1, beyond shops and restaurants (Zone "RSU"). Open 24 hours,for departures to non-Schengen longhaul flights in T-4S with its self-serve food and drinks (restaurant limited hours) and top notch wine bar (all free) is very nice. Especially now that they do not allow smoking, given the smoking room was very poorly ventilated, not closed off from the adjacent areas and next to the children's play area. (N.B. The lounge attendants are receptionists primarily - you can't expect them to do much for irops and the like.)

Sala Velzquez (IMO a more comfy wine bar)

Terminal 4S Goya lounge on the Level 0 near "S" gates (Zone "M") for domestic and Schengen flights that they do lay on from the satellite terminal (some BCN flights, for example, arrive as longhaul international and fly on the Barcelona from T 4-S). Open 0600 - midnight (Jul 2011).

Sala Goya

Terminal 4 and 4S are joined by a subterranean train; it is unlikely to lounge hop as the gatekeepers are rather strict about using the appropriate lounge.

Finally, there is NO ARRIVALS LOUNGE in T4 / T4-S, BUT Iberia used to have a shower arrangement for some arriving passengers, in addition to those with lounge access (as they already have showers access) BUT:

Shower service on arrival in T4

There is an "Elysium Travel Barajas" Spa by NH Hotels in Terminal 4 landside, near the Iberia lounge on 2nd level, offering a variety of treatments and showers - check here (Castilian Spanish). It is not listed on AENA's Madrid Barajas list of services.

======Below may not apply any longer=======

Iberia gives its best customers the chance to use this service free in terminal T4.

Iberia gives its best customers the chance to use this service free in terminal T4.

You can use it, provided you travel in Business Plus and arrive in Madrid on an Iberia intercontinental flight, starting the day before.

The beneficiary customers will be entitled to the shower service. Currently provided by Beauty SPA in the commercial area of Level 2 of Terminal 4 (right after the check-in counters). Once there, and they must show their boarding card or intercontinental flight ticket.

Furthermore, our Iberia Plus Platino, Oro and Club Fiesta customers , regardless of the flight and class, may invite a companion to use the service, provided they have made a flight in Iberia Intercontinental Tourist class to Madrid starting the day before, or are going to fly with Iberia in any class on the same day.
(Poster's emphasis on who can use.)

Link to AENA's Business Centres lounges (Amnio and La Revoltosa); Amnios has showers. They are Priority Pass and Diners Card member lounges.

Last edited by JDiver; Jan 18, 2014 at 9:24 pm Reason: add / edit / update
Old Jul 28, 2011, 3:45 am

Originally Posted by hillrider
FYI, there's no free (didn't check for paid) Wi-Fi in the lounge (assuming both, my data is from T4S), but there's free ethernet at the very end of either side if you bring your own cable. A bit of a downer in an otherwise very impressive and pleasant lounge.
siting in the lounge now connected to a free public wifi
Old Jul 28, 2011, 7:25 am

Originally Posted by sombrachinesca
Hi again:

Does anyone know if either of the Iberia lounges at Madrid have showers?
Also, does anyone know what time they close in the evening?

Thanks-
Bill
ahhhhhhh! just came out of the shower in madrid (iberia's)
Old Aug 1, 2011, 4:03 pm

Programs: SK*G, BA Silver, Flying Blue, VLM, VT Traveller, PC Platinum, BW Diamond
Originally Posted by yeki89
siting in the lounge now connected to a free public wifi
Interesting... I have never found one in T4. Which lounge were you in?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.