Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Iberia Airlines | Iberia Plus
Reload this Page >

Iberia lounges at Madrid Barajas (T4/T4S)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 22, 2013, 5:47 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Prospero
Iberia lounges at MAD Madrid-Barajas (T4/T4S)

Note: Signed in members with 90 days and 90 posts on FlyerTalk can edit/update Wikiposts. Feel free to update this Wikipost.

Departure lounges
Iberia Premium Lounge Dalí
Located in T4 immediately after security at Level 2, if departing or connecting to Schengen, IB operated London bound flights (A330/A350 excluded) or domestic flights: it is a decent lounge with free food, drinks and showers. Open 06:00 to 23:00.

Related discussion: Iberia Dali Madrid lounge experience

Iberia Premium Lounge Velázquez
Open daily 06:00 to 01:00

Located in T4S (Zone "S") at Level 1 at the edge of the duty free store. Open 24 hours, for departures to non-Schengen and long haul flights; self-serve food, drinks, wine bar (Rincón del vino), restaurant w/ limited hours, targeted to departing intercontinental overnight Iberia flyers.

Lunch buffet 14:00 – 16:30, Dinner 21:00 onwards, Bistro 21:00 - 00:30

When you exit the lounge and make your way to your departure gate, veer left through the duty free store. You can use Starbucks as a visual cue. If you veer right, you will end up in a cul-de-sac.

Arrivals lounge
Sala de Llegadas
Located in the main T4 arrivals hall at level -1. The lounge is equipped with showers and a breakfast room.

This is not a oneworld lounge. Access is provided free of charge to business class passengers who have arrived on an Iberia operated flight of more that 4 hours. Iberia Plus Platinum, Gold, and Singular members may also use the lounge provided they have also arrived on an Iberia operated flight of more than 4 hours. Paid entrance is also available

Lounge hopping
Terminal 4 and 4S are joined by a subterranean train; it is unlikely to lounge hop as the gatekeepers are rather strict about using the appropriate lounge.
Print Wikipost

Iberia lounges at Madrid Barajas (T4/T4S)

Search this Thread

Old May 17, 2015, 3:46 pm

Programs: whatever gets me where i want
For clarification, this would be an Iberia business class reward ticket, not American Airlines.

Basically, my worry is that by connecting on to another European destination in economy on Iberia I lose access to the arrivals lounge.
Old May 17, 2015, 4:37 pm

Hi All

I have a OW award - J Class arriving from JFK at 10: 15 AM on Iberia and leaving for DOH that same day at 3:35 PM on Qatar Airways. Which J class lounge should I head to?

Thanks in advance!
Old May 18, 2015, 12:27 am

Programs: AADVANTAGE, Iberia Plus, BA Exec Blue, Hertz #1Gold, HHonors Gold, AS, Paradores Amigos
Originally Posted by bmabnorth
For clarification, this would be an Iberia business class reward ticket, not American Airlines.

Basically, my worry is that by connecting on to another European destination in economy on Iberia I lose access to the arrivals lounge.
The website certainly says the arrivals lounge is available when your final destination is Madrid. Would you not qualify for the departure lounges as you are arriving in Business? I believe you would. If you have not tried Iberia lounges at MAD before, you are in for a treat. I think they even have WiFi these days!

Please report back on how you get on!
Old May 18, 2015, 2:49 pm

Programs: IB+ Plata / LATAM Pass Black
Originally Posted by VLtone
Hi All

I have a OW award - J Class arriving from JFK at 10: 15 AM on Iberia and leaving for DOH that same day at 3:35 PM on Qatar Airways. Which J class lounge should I head to?

Thanks in advance!
You will arrive at T4S and also your departure will be in the same building. You should head to the Iberia Lounge Velázquez (which is also the best Iberia lounge in Madrid), on the first floor of T4S (hidden by the stores).
Old May 18, 2015, 2:57 pm

Originally Posted by bmabnorth

Hello bmabnorth,

I see no point on going to the arrivals lounge unless you want to head to the city center.

As as business pax arriving from an international long haul OW guarantees your entrance to the Iberia lounge inside the airport, even if your short haul flight is in economy. From the OW website:

-First and Business Class customers connecting on the same day of travel, or before 6am the following day, can access the lounge when travelling between an international long haul (a oneworld international long haul flight is defined as an international flight marketed and operated by any oneworld carrier with a scheduled flight time longer than 5 hours) and an international short haul or domestic flight (and vice-versa).

-Lounge access will be determined on the international long haul ticketed flight (either First of Business Class) regardless of the ticketed class of travel on the international short haul or domestic flight.
You must be prepared to show your boarding pass or itinerary showing travel in First or Business class on the international long haul flight, in order to access the lounge before your international short haul or domestic flight.

Then, depending on whether your short haul flight is inside or outside the Schëngen zone you should head to the Dali (T4) or Velázquez (T4S) Iberia lounges, respectively.

Regards,

::WyGuN::
Old May 18, 2015, 4:40 pm

Programs: BA, U2+, SK, AF/KL, IHG, Hilton, others gathering dust...
Originally Posted by Wygun
Then, depending on whether your short haul flight is inside or outside the Schëngen zone you should head to the Dali (T4) or Velázquez (T4S) Iberia lounges, respectively.
Generally correct, but there are exceptions. Most IB-operated flights to LHR, and also BA-operated flights to LCY, depart from T4 (which also has a non-Schengen gate area, H1-13 IIRC) rather than T4S. IB flights operated by widebodies will usually go from T4S, though very few would go to Schengen destinations.

I would agree to go to the Dali or Velazquez lounges as appropriate, but with a 10-12 hour layover I would also be heading into the city.
Old May 18, 2015, 11:10 pm

Programs: IB+, BAEC
Originally Posted by Oaxaca
Generally correct, but there are exceptions. Most IB-operated flights to LHR, and also BA-operated flights to LCY, depart from T4 (which also has a non-Schengen gate area, H1-13 IIRC) rather than T4S. IB flights operated by widebodies will usually go from T4S, though very few would go to Schengen destinations.

I would agree to go to the Dali or Velazquez lounges as appropriate, but with a 10-12 hour layover I would also be heading into the city.
As I mentioned before, I would just go to Dalí in place of the arrivals lounge since it is vastly superior and then you can just walk out of the terminal after that.
Old May 19, 2015, 1:42 am

Programs: whatever gets me where i want
Originally Posted by Wygun
Hello bmabnorth,

I see no point on going to the arrivals lounge unless you want to head to the city center.

As as business pax arriving from an international long haul OW guarantees your entrance to the Iberia lounge inside the airport, even if your short haul flight is in economy. From the OW website:

-First and Business Class customers connecting on the same day of travel, or before 6am the following day, can access the lounge when travelling between an international long haul (a oneworld international long haul flight is defined as an international flight marketed and operated by any oneworld carrier with a scheduled flight time longer than 5 hours) and an international short haul or domestic flight (and vice-versa).

-Lounge access will be determined on the international long haul ticketed flight (either First of Business Class) regardless of the ticketed class of travel on the international short haul or domestic flight.
You must be prepared to show your boarding pass or itinerary showing travel in First or Business class on the international long haul flight, in order to access the lounge before your international short haul or domestic flight.

Regards,

::WyGuN::
Thanks, this is quite helpful. Good to know I still qualify for the lounge for the second segment. I would not have known.

The arrivals lounge is important for me simply because I would, in fact, like to shower, eat breakfast and then head to the city center to do some touristy stuff before returning to the airport.
Old May 19, 2015, 5:30 am

Programs: AY Gold (OWS), Hertz PC, Sixt Plat, Hilton Gold
Hola!

I will fly from MAD to HEL with AY (terminal 4) in J Class.
Do I have any other lounge-option than Dali? I've been there several times before and I find the lounge quite nice but the food offering somewhat mediocre...

edit; as this is an intra-schengen flight, the Velázquez is out of the question?

Thanks in advance!

Last edited by Karjaluokka; May 19, 2015 at 5:53 am
Old May 19, 2015, 7:04 am

Programs: IB+, BAEC
If you have a priority pass you can get into the Aena lounge La Revoltosa. I have no idea if a J ticket on AY will get you in there.
Old May 19, 2015, 1:29 pm

Originally Posted by Karjaluokka
Hola!

I will fly from MAD to HEL with AY (terminal 4) in J Class.
Do I have any other lounge-option than Dali? I've been there several times before and I find the lounge quite nice but the food offering somewhat mediocre...

edit; as this is an intra-schengen flight, the Velázquez is out of the question?

Thanks in advance!
Sorry mate I'm afraid your only choice is Dali lounge. Velázquez is in T4S with passport control for non-Schëngen zone.

Well, grab a "cava" (Spanish champagne), a few sandwiches and a chocolate Häagen-Dazs (hidden next to the coffee machine) and enjoy it. Not as the Velázquez buffet but still good enough.
Old Jun 3, 2015, 4:21 am

Programs: HH Diamond, BA Gold, Marriott Platinum Premier, IHG Gold, Phyllis Court Junior Member
I'm looking at flying the following itinerary in August to visit a friend in Seville. It's attractively priced at 240 GBP and earns 120 TP for the round trip due to the domestic connection.

Unfortunately, it has a 7 hour layover in MAD in the early hours of the morning. Am I correct in thinking that there wouldn't be a 24 hour lounge available to me and that I would therefore have to wait somewhere else until the Dali lounge opens at 0600?

London (LGW) to Seville (SVQ) — Fri, Aug 14

[Long layover] [Overnight flight]

London (LGW) to Madrid (MAD) — Fri, Aug 14
British Airways 7287

Dep: 9:05 pm

Arr: 12:25 am

2h 20m

Airbus A320

Business (I)

[Snack or Brunch]
OPERATED BY IBERIA

Layover in MAD

Sat, Aug 15

7h 25m

Madrid (MAD) to Seville (SVQ) — Sat, Aug 15
Iberia 500

Dep: 7:50 am

Arr: 9:00 am

1h 10m

Airbus A319

Business (I)

[Snack or Brunch]
Old Jun 3, 2015, 6:11 am

Originally Posted by templar42
I'm looking at flying the following itinerary in August to visit a friend in Seville. It's attractively priced at 240 GBP and earns 120 TP for the round trip due to the domestic connection.

Unfortunately, it has a 7 hour layover in MAD in the early hours of the morning. Am I correct in thinking that there wouldn't be a 24 hour lounge available to me and that I would therefore have to wait somewhere else until the Dali lounge opens at 0600?
Yes AFAIK that is correct. You would not have access to the RSU area. You could try it but its hit and miss with passport control. I have managed to get through a few times to use the lounge after explaining I only wanted to access the area for that purpose but others report being refused unless their BP states RSU gates on it.

Another option would be an overnight at an airport hotel there are a few cheap ones. Many have free shuttle buses even the cheap ones.
Old Jun 3, 2015, 8:36 am

Programs: All Expired... :-(
Originally Posted by templar42
Am I correct in thinking that there wouldn't be a 24 hour lounge available to me and that I would therefore have to wait somewhere else until the Dali lounge opens at 0600?
Or you could just go and have some beers and tapas in Madrid
Old Jun 3, 2015, 9:29 am

Programs: HH Diamond, BA Gold, Marriott Platinum Premier, IHG Gold, Phyllis Court Junior Member
Originally Posted by Cerebrito
Or you could just go and have some beers and tapas in Madrid
I have a good mind to do that! I believe the Dali lounge has showers so could go and freshen up at 6am ready for my flight.

It would be cava and tapas in my case!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.