Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Iberia Airlines | Iberia Plus
Reload this Page >

Iberia lounges at Madrid Barajas (T4/T4S)

Old Mar 22, 2013, 5:47 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Prospero
Iberia lounges at MAD Madrid-Barajas (T4/T4S)

Note: Signed in members with 90 days and 90 posts on FlyerTalk can edit/update Wikiposts. Feel free to update this Wikipost.

Departure lounges
Iberia Premium Lounge Dalí
Located in T4 immediately after security at Level 2, if departing or connecting to Schengen, IB operated London bound flights (A330/A350 excluded) or domestic flights: it is a decent lounge with free food, drinks and showers. Open 06:00 to 23:00.

Related discussion: Iberia Dali Madrid lounge experience

Iberia Premium Lounge Velázquez
Open daily 06:00 to 01:00

Located in T4S (Zone "S") at Level 1 at the edge of the duty free store. Open 24 hours, for departures to non-Schengen and long haul flights; self-serve food, drinks, wine bar (Rincón del vino), restaurant w/ limited hours, targeted to departing intercontinental overnight Iberia flyers.

Lunch buffet 14:00 – 16:30, Dinner 21:00 onwards, Bistro 21:00 - 00:30

When you exit the lounge and make your way to your departure gate, veer left through the duty free store. You can use Starbucks as a visual cue. If you veer right, you will end up in a cul-de-sac.

Arrivals lounge
Sala de Llegadas
Located in the main T4 arrivals hall at level -1. The lounge is equipped with showers and a breakfast room.

This is not a oneworld lounge. Access is provided free of charge to business class passengers who have arrived on an Iberia operated flight of more that 4 hours. Iberia Plus Platinum, Gold, and Singular members may also use the lounge provided they have also arrived on an Iberia operated flight of more than 4 hours. Paid entrance is also available

Lounge hopping
Terminal 4 and 4S are joined by a subterranean train; it is unlikely to lounge hop as the gatekeepers are rather strict about using the appropriate lounge.
Print Wikipost

Iberia lounges at Madrid Barajas (T4/T4S)

Old Sep 29, 2014, 5:07 pm

I'm booked on PHL-MAD (US) connecting to MAD-BCN (IB) in J using AA miles. Just want to confirm that I will have access to the Dali lounge in terminal 4 as I'm not sure if the lounge is accessible to those flying in domestic business and on partner FF miles.
Old Oct 1, 2014, 8:46 pm

Programs: AAdvantage Platinum, AF FlyingBlue Gold, Aegean Miles&Bonus Gold
Originally Posted by lowfareair
I'm booked on PHL-MAD (US) connecting to MAD-BCN (IB) in J using AA miles. Just want to confirm that I will have access to the Dali lounge in terminal 4 as I'm not sure if the lounge is accessible to those flying in domestic business and on partner FF miles.
Yes , you will have access to the VIP lounge offered in T4 flying J, different from the USA where customers rely on courtesy upgrades, european airlines hardly upgrade frequent flyers hence there is not overcrowding on the lounges. Enjoy your trip with IB, the only good thing is the spanish red wine (rioja) they have are pretty good...
Old Oct 5, 2014, 3:32 pm

Programs: AA PRO
Iberia lounge / lounges at MAD /Madrid (T4 / T4S)

Does anyone have experience with the arrivals lounge? It sounds like it might be for IB metal customers only.... But just in case here at JFK I had the AAngels at the club print me a paper boarding pass. Hoping a combination of oneworld emerald, a J boarding pass, an attempt to speak Spanish and a winning smile may get me in...
Old Oct 6, 2014, 1:14 am

Although the dragon was very friendly and helpful, and even called to check with a colleague, he was unable to let me in on an AA flight.
The arrivals lounge at MAD T4 level -1 is for business class customers on Iberia metal only
Old Oct 8, 2014, 11:45 am

Originally Posted by intub8r
Although the dragon was very friendly and helpful, and even called to check with a colleague, he was unable to let me in on an AA flight.
The arrivals lounge at MAD T4 level -1 is for business class customers on Iberia metal only
Thanks for the data point. Is the arrivals lounge landside?
Old Oct 9, 2014, 6:29 pm

Yes it is. It is on level -1. Follow the signs for the Metro / Renfe. As you approach the Metro ticket kiosks, at the bottom of the escalator ramp thing, turn around 180 degrees and you will see it there.
Old Nov 6, 2014, 11:55 pm

Originally Posted by intub8r
Is that for transatlantic arrivals only? If my flight is MXP to MAD (stopover), will I be able to use the Arrivals lounge?
Old Nov 7, 2014, 5:01 am

Programs: IB+, BAEC
Originally Posted by iluvdoco
Is that for transatlantic arrivals only? If my flight is MXP to MAD (stopover), will I be able to use the Arrivals lounge?
IIRC, you can use it with shorth haul if you have status with IB+ only. Other OW programs do not allow entry.
Old Nov 7, 2014, 7:30 am

Originally Posted by LupineChemist
IIRC, you can use it with shorth haul if you have status with IB+ only. Other OW programs do not allow entry.
Thanks LupineChemist! Would I be able to use it if flying MXP-MAD on IB Business, without IB status?
Old Nov 7, 2014, 8:04 am

No. It has to be a long haul (TLV and DME may or may not be included here).
Old Nov 9, 2014, 5:25 pm

Programs: BA GGL, TK E (*G), ITA exec
Hello

BRU-MAD in economy on IB, BA silver/OW sapphire. It is possible to have lounge access, with also a guest?
MAD-FUE in economy on Iberia Express (IB prefix). Same question.

Thank you
Old Nov 13, 2014, 12:12 pm

Originally Posted by Lefly
Hello

BRU-MAD in economy on IB, BA silver/OW sapphire. It is possible to have lounge access, with also a guest?
MAD-FUE in economy on Iberia Express (IB prefix). Same question.

Thank you
2x yes
Old Apr 1, 2015, 3:43 pm

Programs: AA Plat, Hilton Diamond *Wood Gold, Hertz PC
Trying to sort out lounge access at MAD. Flying in J, arriving on AA68 MIA/MIA which should put me in 4S around gate R07. Have a 3 hour layover and leaving MAD/FCO on IB in J. I think that will be terminal 4 (was gate J52 yesterday). Plt / Sapphire status.

From what I read I will not have access to the arrivals lounge, and don't want to as it's outside security.

I believe that I will be able to access the Dalí lounge once I reach T4 (connect by underground train) and that I can get a shower there.

Can someone confirm this is correct
Old Apr 2, 2015, 1:10 am

That's correct. You will be outside security in T4 though. There is no dedicated transfer security there.
Old Apr 8, 2015, 3:17 pm

Programs: All Expired... :-(
Because of the French ATC strikes, my morning flight from Madrid today got cancelled, and I was moved onto a new afternoon flight that left from gate M in T4S. It looks like the Goya lounge has been closed since January 12th, and you now have to use the Dalí lounge in the main terminal if leaving from gate M.

I don't know how easy it is to move back to the main terminal. The new flight was again delayed by 90 minutes when I was already at the M gate, and I asked the agent at the gate if I could go back to the main terminal, she said I could try if I really wanted to, but she recommended that I stay put in case the delay was reduced (which it was shortly afterwards).

Last edited by Cerebrito; Apr 8, 2015 at 3:18 pm Reason: Typo

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.