Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Iberia Airlines | Iberia Plus
Reload this Page >

Iberia lounges at Madrid Barajas (T4/T4S)

Old Mar 22, 2013, 5:47 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Prospero
Iberia lounges at MAD Madrid-Barajas (T4/T4S)

Note: Signed in members with 90 days and 90 posts on FlyerTalk can edit/update Wikiposts. Feel free to update this Wikipost.

Departure lounges
Iberia Premium Lounge Dal
Located in T4 immediately after security at Level 2, if departing or connecting to Schengen, IB operated London bound flights (A330/A350 excluded) or domestic flights: it is a decent lounge with free food, drinks and showers. Open 06:00 to 23:00.

Related discussion: Iberia Dali Madrid lounge experience

Iberia Premium Lounge Velzquez
Open daily 06:00 to 01:00

Located in T4S (Zone "S") at Level 1 at the edge of the duty free store. Open 24 hours, for departures to non-Schengen and long haul flights; self-serve food, drinks, wine bar (Rincn del vino), restaurant w/ limited hours, targeted to departing intercontinental overnight Iberia flyers.

Lunch buffet 14:00 16:30, Dinner 21:00 onwards, Bistro 21:00 - 00:30

When you exit the lounge and make your way to your departure gate, veer left through the duty free store. You can use Starbucks as a visual cue. If you veer right, you will end up in a cul-de-sac.

Arrivals lounge
Sala de Llegadas
Located in the main T4 arrivals hall at level -1. The lounge is equipped with showers and a breakfast room.

This is not a oneworld lounge. Access is provided free of charge to business class passengers who have arrived on an Iberia operated flight of more that 4 hours. Iberia Plus Platinum, Gold, and Singular members may also use the lounge provided they have also arrived on an Iberia operated flight of more than 4 hours. Paid entrance is also available

Lounge hopping
Terminal 4 and 4S are joined by a subterranean train; it is unlikely to lounge hop as the gatekeepers are rather strict about using the appropriate lounge.
Print Wikipost

Iberia lounges at Madrid Barajas (T4/T4S)

Old Jul 29, 2014, 5:37 am

Programs: BA Silver VA Red SAS Gold
Does anyonw know which lounge is accessible for passengers in transit arriving with BA from LHR (T4s) and connecting to Las Palmas (Gran Canaria) ?

Is Gran Canaria considered Schengen or non Schengen as, despite been Spanish Territory, they are outside of the EU for Custom reasons.

Has anyone travelled to Gran Canaria and know which part of the terminal the flighs leave from ?

thanks
Old Jul 29, 2014, 6:21 am

Programs: IB+, BAEC
LPA and all Canary Islands flights will leave out of T4 (or possibly M gates in T4S) so you will get the Dal (or Goya) lounge. There is no passport control despite not being in the customs union.
Old Jul 29, 2014, 2:57 pm

Programs: MUCCI
Originally Posted by LupineChemist
LPA and all Canary Islands flights will leave out of T4 (or possibly M gates in T4S) so you will get the Dal (or Goya) lounge.
Goya - aka the sleep experiment room!

There is no passport control despite not being in the customs union.
Indeed - because the customs union has nothing to do with immigration.
Old Aug 15, 2014, 8:29 am

Programs: UA Global Services, TSA Pre✓, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold, IHG Platinum
Im arriving at MAD from TLV around 11am and departing to JFK around 5pm. Both flights in business class. Does it make sense to go to the arrivals lounge to shower and then head off to the velazquez lounge until departure?
Old Aug 17, 2014, 5:03 am

I'll be flying out of Madrid business class on iberia to panama, my OH will be flying later in the afternoon on BA back to the UK. I'm OW Sapphire and my wife doesn't have status.

Can we both get into the Iberia velazquez lounge (her as my guest)? - the rules appear to say yes, but we all know these aren't always consistently applied!
Thanks
Old Aug 18, 2014, 12:09 am

You should be able to. Show your boarding pass and tell the agent she's your guest.

Most of the times they won't even ask for my guest's boarding pass and if they do it'll be to check the guest is also flying oneworld.
Old Aug 19, 2014, 10:06 am

Programs: IB+, BAEC
Originally Posted by plastikman
I'll be flying out of Madrid business class on iberia to panama, my OH will be flying later in the afternoon on BA back to the UK. I'm OW Sapphire and my wife doesn't have status.

Can we both get into the Iberia velazquez lounge (her as my guest)? - the rules appear to say yes, but we all know these aren't always consistently applied!
Thanks
She can get in, but if she's flying IB metal to LHR, then she won't have access to the non Schengen part of T4S. Make sure it's a BA flight.
Old Sep 16, 2014, 11:08 am

Programs: Bonvoy Titanium, UA Silver, AA Gold
Curious about the lounge situation in MAD. I'll be arriving from JFK at ~10:30a (T4S), and I continue on to BCN (T4) around 12:30. It seems that I'd have the option of all 4 lounges (arrivals + Goya, Dali, and Velzquez), but am not sure which to pick for our ~2hr layover, considering we'll have to go through immigration. We'll want the lounge with the best food options preferably.

Any tips?
Old Sep 19, 2014, 7:25 am

Programs: BA Gold, TK Elite, AZ CFP
Originally Posted by reuthermonkey
Curious about the lounge situation in MAD. I'll be arriving from JFK at ~10:30a (T4S), and I continue on to BCN (T4) around 12:30. It seems that I'd have the option of all 4 lounges (arrivals + Goya, Dali, and Velzquez), but am not sure which to pick for our ~2hr layover, considering we'll have to go through immigration. We'll want the lounge with the best food options preferably.

Any tips?
You'll only have access to Dali lounge and arrivals provided that you're flying J. The best lounge in MAD is Velazquez in T4S but that's only for non shengen flights.
I wouldn't go to arrival lounge because it's landside, just connect and head for Dali lounge where you can have a shower and grab a snack before your flight.
Old Sep 21, 2014, 3:10 am
NFH
Suspended

Programs: BA bronze, Hilton gold, Marriott gold, IHG plat, Meli gold, Radisson gold, Hyatt disc, AmexPlat
BA moves LCY flights from T4S to T4

I notice that BA have moved their LCY flights from T4S to T4 with effect from 15th September 2014. I previously enjoyed the Sala Velzquez, as the catering, quality and size is intended primarily for IB's long haul premium passengers. Obviously I'll now save the time-consuming train ride between T4 and T4S (probably one of the reasons that BA have changed terminals), but will I be disappointed by the Sala Dal? I also notice that the Sala Dal is for Schengen flights, so I assume one has to go through Schengen exit controls between the lounge and the gate when flying to LCY?
Old Sep 26, 2014, 6:49 am
NFH
Suspended

Programs: BA bronze, Hilton gold, Marriott gold, IHG plat, Meli gold, Radisson gold, Hyatt disc, AmexPlat
To answer my own question above, I am now sitting in the Sala Dal in T4 having lunch. As expected, it is very noticeably inferior to the Sala Velzquez at T4S. The food comprises mainly sandwiches, unlike the Sala Velzquez where there is plenty of proper food. There is also much less space here and it's hard to find somewhere to sit. However, these issues are mitigated by the lack of annoying train journey to T4S.
Old Sep 28, 2014, 9:48 pm

Thank you for the report. I concur with your feelings. Are LHR still departing from T4S?
Old Sep 29, 2014, 2:12 pm

Programs: UA Global Services, TSA Pre✓, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold, IHG Platinum
What is the shower situation in T4S lounge?
Old Sep 29, 2014, 2:26 pm
NFH
Suspended

Originally Posted by BA_Jfan
What is the shower situation in T4S lounge?
At both T4 and T4S, there are around 4 showers. You get a key from reception and leave your boarding pass. The receptionists get confused if you have a mobile boarding pass.
Old Sep 29, 2014, 2:42 pm

How are the amenities? What brand are the toiletries?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.