Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Iberia Airlines | Iberia Plus
Reload this Page >

Iberia lounges and access general information thread

Old Feb 27, 2010, 3:04 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage
Original Poster

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Matre-plongeur des Muccis
The current list of Iberia lounges and amenities is here (English version).

Lounge access rules are listed here.

A nice page with various Iberia lounges, illustrated and annotated, is here on AirReview.com.

Some lounges are covered elsewhere here, e.g. IB lounges at MAD (T4 / T4S)

Last edited by JDiver; Dec 2, 2011 at 6:07 pm
Old Mar 17, 2010, 2:05 pm
Original Member

Programs: AA EXP

I am an AA-EXP and also AC Member.
Flying with the family to MIA-MAD-OPO and have a long layover in Madrid.
Sure would be nice to be able to use the Iberia Lounges.

My family (2 kids, wife, mother in law) are on one PNR as award tickets(Y) IB flight number. My flight is on another PNR as a paid Y-ticket AA-codeshare (operated by Iberia). I requested the PNR's be linked so I think there are some notes in the record but separate PNR's.

Also flying LIS-LHR on a separate ticket (Y) and wondering about lounge access in LIS and LHR ?

TIA..

redrock.

Last edited by redrock; Mar 17, 2010 at 2:16 pm
Old Mar 21, 2010, 1:08 pm

Programs: Miles&More SEN; FlyingBlue Gold; IberiaPlus
Hola!

As far as I know you are entitled to use the MAD lounges if you fly on Oneworld flights and entitled to bring in a guest, do not know how family policy works there.

More info at:

http://www.iberia.com/OneToOne/v3/pr...ANONYMOUS=true

That is: Iberia.com, Information, At the airport, VIP lounges.

I do not know about LIS.

Enjoy your flight and stay!

Salut!

Roger
Old Mar 24, 2010, 4:48 am

Programs: IB plus Platinum, JK Gold, BAEC Silver, LH Senator, PC Platinum Ambassador
Originally Posted by ROGERBCN
Hola!

As far as I know you are entitled to use the MAD lounges if you fly on Oneworld flights and entitled to bring in a guest, do not know how family policy works there.

More info at:

http://www.iberia.com/OneToOne/v3/pr...ANONYMOUS=true

That is: Iberia.com, Information, At the airport, VIP lounges.

I do not know about LIS.

Enjoy your flight and stay!

Salut!

Roger
Well, there is a chance "out" of procedures... if ALL Family members except one on their BP appears STATUS level printed, MAD Lounge Agent would allow access, a couple of minutes later arrive yourseld with you AA EXP card and your BP and the member of your family that does not have STATUS printed. I have a heavy use of that Lounge in MAD and "dragons" do not use to ask for the "plastic card" when they see the status printed on BP, as they scan the BP.
Old Mar 24, 2010, 9:56 am

Programs: AA PLT
The lounge ladies in the Madrid Iberia lounges are pretty nice. You and one guest definitely get access. And as the previous poster said, I suspect they might let the others in.
The lounges are very nice. Lots of food selections, comfortable seating.

In LHR, AC is your best bet. The BA lounge ladies really are dragons, and they are incredibly picky about letting anyone, even the person entitled to enter, in.
Old Jun 24, 2010, 11:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
I'm oneworld emerald and two of us are travelling FCO-xMAD-TLS in September. Inbound on a 320 and outbound on a CR2 (YW). We are travelling on a LONE4.

We have a 2 early afternoon transit at MAD.

Never having flown IB before, which of the two terminals (T4/T4S) should we arrive/depart and what would be the better of the three IB lounges to use?

Is/are there any tips/advice than any may have for us.
Old Jun 25, 2010, 10:52 am

Programs: AA LT PLT, 2.15 million miles; Priority Club PLT
Here's how I understand it: even though there are three IB/OW lounges in the T4/T4S realm, the way it is set up, you don't really have a chance to use more than one.

Sala Velsquez: this is in T4-Satellite and it really set up for people already cleared for departure on non-Schengen/International flights. Not sure you'd be able to access it on a Schengen-Schengen connection (probably) transiting entirely in T4.

Sala Dal: this is in T4 and would be the natural one for you to use for Schengen-Schengen connections.

Sala "?": there is one other one in T4, the name escapes me, but it is set up for use primarily by folks using the Puente Aereo air shuttle flights between Madrid and Barcelona. It is on a different level in the terminal than Sala Dal. Again whether or not you'd be able to access it even if you wanted to, I'm not sure since you wouldn't have a Puente Aereo boarding pass.

Don't despair, Sala Dal is overall pretty great with nice open-to-the-ceiling atmosphere, nice showers, tarmac views, good food during meal times, nice wine, etc.
Old Jun 25, 2010, 9:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
Sala Goya ...

Thankyou for that, it was exactly the kind of information I was after.

In reality, it's a couple of hours from around 1pm so we'll just sit back and relax.
Old Jun 26, 2010, 9:46 am

Programs: MUCCI
malcolmkettering is correct in that which of the 3 IB lounges you get to use is decided by where you flight departs from, however not quite right about the 3rd lounge.

Dali is in T4 [main].
This is a general all purpose lounge, in the centre of main terminal (sadly no runway views, but plenty of height and space like the rest of the terminal).

Velazquez is in T4S [satellite - non-schenegen half (upstairs)].
This is a great lounge geared towards long haul flights, with great apron views. Also used by SOME non-IB shorthaul flights to non Schengen destinations e.g. BA to London (IB to London are schengen exited at the gate and use T4 main).
You will not be able to reach this lounge unless departing from upstairs in T4S.

Goya is actually also in T4S [satellite - schengen half (downstairs)].
This lounge is smaller but better than Dali, though still behind Velazquez. Despite being better than Dali (IMO) it has no views what so every and, if there for a while, it can feel like you are in a sleep control experiment / luxurious bunker.]
You will not be able to use this lounge unless departing from downstairs in T4S.

While you might be able to get to (i.e. reach) Dali in T4 main while connecting to something that departs T4S, I think they will send you on to the other lounge if your flight departs from either half of T4S, of course welcome to use if departing T4 (main).

Puente Aero uses the Dali lounge.
Old Jun 23, 2011, 9:22 am

Iberia Intra-Spain flights - lounge access? (and massage chairs)

I will be travelling from MAD-SCQ in August. I am currently AA Platinum (OW Sapphire). Can I access the lounge in MAD?

The flight price is too low for me to believe that I can access the lounge

Thanks in advance.
Old Jun 23, 2011, 9:29 am

Programs: LH SEN, FB Plat., HH D.
Originally Posted by khkchan
I will be travelling from MAD-SCQ in August. I am currently AA Platinum (OW Sapphire). Can I access the lounge in MAD?

Thanks in advance.
yes, you will have lounge access.

Enjoy your trip!
Old Jul 7, 2011, 1:39 am

Programs: Iberia Plus, Spanair Plus,Executive Club,AAdvantage,FlyingBlue,HHonors,Mas Blue,Avis Preferred
Originally Posted by khkchan

Thanks in advance.
I think you can access if have your Admirals Club card, cause even if you have the Priority Pass card as me there are some lounges cannot allow you enter.
Old Jul 7, 2011, 8:30 pm

Programs: AA 4MM EXP; Starwood Lifetime Plt
Originally Posted by mostoles73
I think you can access if have your Admirals Club card, cause even if you have the Priority Pass card as me there are some lounges cannot allow you enter.
I've never had any problem for access WITHOUT any sort of card, even on domestic IB flights without a premium class -- oneworld status is printed right on the IB boarding pass.
Old Jul 8, 2011, 12:02 am

Programs: LH SEN, FB Plat., HH D.
Originally Posted by mostoles73
Welcome to FT mostoles73!

I hope that with the new IB forum we get more info/tips about the airline and its FFP.
Old Jul 8, 2011, 7:51 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage
Original Poster

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Matre-plongeur des Muccis
The usual drill is if one is arriving from a qualifying international oneworld flight and has status, one can use the lounge if connecting to a oneworld flight.

Iberia lounge access rules (in English) here.

oneworld lounge access rules should be here, though the site seems balky at the moment.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.