Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Iberia Airlines | Iberia Plus
Reload this Page >

Iberia lounges and access general information thread

Iberia lounges and access general information thread

Old Jan 7, 2012, 7:01 am

Programs: BA - Gold for Life, CCR & GGL; IC Spire Elite Ambassador; Diamond Hilton Honors; Hyatt Discoverist
What lounge does IB use at GRU?

Edited to add: I assume the United Red Carpet Lounge like BA?

Last edited by TravellerFrequently; Jan 7, 2012 at 8:39 am Reason: UA
Old Feb 29, 2012, 2:10 pm

Programs: AA PLAT, HILTON DIAMOND, MARRIOTT LIFETIME TITANIUM
flying Iberia Business class from ORD-MAD-AGP

My wife and I will be flying business class from from Chicago O'Hare to Madrid, two hour layover in MAD, then on to Malaga.

I am AA Platinum (OneWorld Sappire).

Here are my questions:
1. When at O'Hare, will I be able to use American Airlines Flagship lounge in the K terminal? The flight from ORD to MAD departs out of K19, and the AA Flagship lounge is right there?
2. Is there a business only Iberia lounge in MAD? Does this lounge have any addtional perks? How will I know if my flight will arrives into the terminal that has the business class lounge?

Thank you for your help and time.
Old Feb 29, 2012, 4:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Originally Posted by jimcoddington
My wife and I will be flying business class from from Chicago O'Hare to Madrid, two hour layover in MAD, then on to Malaga.

Here are my questions:
1. When at O'Hare, will I be able to use American Airlines Flagship lounge in the K terminal? The flight from ORD to MAD departs out of K19, and the AA Flagship lounge is right there?
2. Is there a business only Iberia lounge in MAD? Does this lounge have any addtional perks? How will I know if my flight will arrives into the terminal that has the business class lounge?

Hi,

At O'Hare you will only be able to use the Admiral's club as the Flagship lounge is for OW Emeralds ( and First class pax).

At MAD you will arrive at T4 Satellite and take the train to the main terminal where you will leave for Malaga ( there is a IB business/OW Sapphire lounge in T4 and it is very good)

Regards

TBS
Old Mar 8, 2012, 1:36 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage
Original Poster

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Matre-plongeur des Muccis
As TBS says, you will need to use the Admirals Club in ORD; the very convenient Flagship Lounge is only for Emeralds and those departing in First (IB doesn't offer First anymore, of course). You will have to build in some time for the walk out to the pier end to catch your Iberia flight.

Try this thread to see what is on offer at the Iberia Business lounges (Dal or Goya I think for you outbound to Mlaga, Velzquez on the return). The thread is linked to in the first post in this thread, as well; both lounges are very nice.

(You may have to proceed through immigration on arrival at T4-S, go to the subground level to take the train to Terminal 4 before you are allowed lounge access outbound, unless your flight departs from the domestic area in T4-S - check the monitors, in which case you still process immigration but no train for you, Goya instead of Dal in T4.)

Originally Posted by jimcoddington

Here are my questions:

Last edited by JDiver; Mar 8, 2012 at 1:44 pm
Old Mar 12, 2012, 1:16 am

Programs: AA-EXP & 1MM+, AS, MR-LTT, HH Gold
What lounge does IB offer in TLV?

As AA EXP and with onward flight on IB metal, any lounge there that I can use? Possible to bring in 2 guests (all family members with same last names)? Flight departs at 5am. Anything opens that early? Thanks.
Old Mar 21, 2012, 7:15 pm
Suspended

Programs: Too many to list
How does one use the lounge in AMS which IB contract from Menzies. I have Emerald OW status, an Iberia ticket but I understand the flight is operated by Vueling. The boarding card even says IB on it and my status as well.
Old May 27, 2012, 11:26 am

Programs: AA EXP
Incoming Business outgoing Economy

In July I'll be flying DFW-MAD in business (AA36). My continuing flight (MAD-GVA) is in economy on an AA codeshare with Iberia. I won't have OW status during this trip. It's not clear from what I've read in this thread if I'll be able to use the Iberia lounge in T4. Will I be able to use the Dal lounge? Thanks in advance!
Old May 27, 2012, 4:12 pm

Programs: MUCCI
Originally Posted by catmndu
In July I'll be flying DFW-MAD in business (AA36). My continuing flight (MAD-GVA) is in economy on an AA codeshare with Iberia. I won't have OW status during this trip. It's not clear from what I've read in this thread if I'll be able to use the Iberia lounge in T4. Will I be able to use the Dal lounge? Thanks in advance!
Yes you should get lounge access in MAD, keep your inbound flight business boarding pass to show in case any problem.
Old May 29, 2012, 10:12 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage
Original Poster

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Matre-plongeur des Muccis
Yes, Dal lounge outbound to GVA due to your oneworld Business Class arrival AFAIK - as David-A said, keep your boarding pass - and if you are departing in Business on the return, of course you can use the Velzquez lounge in T4-S.

Originally Posted by catmndu
Old Jun 6, 2012, 7:35 pm

Programs: AA lifetime platinum, Jet Blue Mosaic
I am AA Platinum flying with wife JFK to MAD on Iberia connecting to TLV on El Al. Both flights are in business. Since El Al is not a One World Partner will I have access with my wife to Iberia's lounge while waiting for the El Al flight?
Old Jun 6, 2012, 11:34 pm

Programs: EK IB QF
Originally Posted by kayjay
I am AA Platinum flying with wife JFK to MAD on Iberia connecting to TLV on El Al. Both flights are in business. Since El Al is not a One World Partner will I have access with my wife to Iberia's lounge while waiting for the El Al flight?
Sounds harsh, but I'm afraid not. For you to access the Iberia Velzquez lounge you must be flying on a flight marketed and operated by a oneworld carrier.

http://www.iberia.com/salas-vip/acceso/

However, you may still use the independent contract lounge, 'Sala Amnios' based on the fact that you're travelling on EL AL in BC:

http://www.salasvipbarajas.es/accede.aspx

Of course, this doesn't mean you shouldn't give it a try, you never know. The lounge dragons might not notice since you'll be presenting the Iberia branded boarding passes you will get at the Iberia counter at JFK.

Have a nice trip!

Last edited by alekos47; Jun 7, 2012 at 11:22 am
Old Jun 6, 2012, 11:38 pm

Programs: EK IB QF
Does anybody know whether a Malv Gold (Sapphire) is still valid to access lounges when travelling on oneworld?

It seemed to work at Galleries LHR, GVA and a myriad of other airports but was denied at the IB Dal lounge in MAD because 'Malv is no longer a member of oneworld' which is technically true...

Any chances of getting a status match?
Old Jun 7, 2012, 8:40 am

Programs: AA lifetime platinum, Jet Blue Mosaic
Originally Posted by alekos47
Sounds harsh, but I'm afraid not. For you to access the Iberia Velzquez lounge you must be flying on a flight marketed and operated by a oneworld carrier.

http://www.iberia.com/salas-vip/acceso/

However, you may still use the independent contract lounge, 'Sala Amnios' based on the fact that you're travelling on EL AL in BC:

http://www.salasvipbarajas.es/accede.aspx

Of course, this doesn't mean you shouldn't give it a try, you never know. The lounge dragons might not notice since you'll be presenting the Iberia branded boarding passes you got at the Iberia counter at JFK.

Have a nice trip!
Thank you for your clear and concise reply. Unforturnately, it confirms my reading of the rules. I will follow your advise and try to access the Iberia lounge using my Iberia boarding passes
Old Jun 29, 2012, 2:34 am

Programs: This one time I got upgraded ord-bos
No wifi in Barcelona!

Cannot believe that in 2012 the Barcelona lounge in the A boarding area lacks wifi and forces you on to the slow airport network with a limit of 15 minutes. Theres a lineupforthe ancient hardwire computer here. Time to upgrade this otherwise fine lounge!

Last edited by nycsfo; Jun 29, 2012 at 2:59 am Reason: rushed to post before free wifi ran out
Old Aug 26, 2012, 8:11 am

Programs: AB Gold, LH FTL, ST ElitePlus, HH Gold, LeClub Plat, Melia Gold
Hola amigos,

Does anyone know anything about the ALC lounge? it's not listed on the Iberia website, so it's probably a contract lounge. Should I deduct I won't have access with my AB gold card? flying IB metal in Y

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.