Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt - Best Rate Guarantee - Experiences - MASTER THREAD - WIKI

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 16, 2014, 2:16 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: coleslaw
Update in Hyatt BRG policy (April 2019): If your BRG claim is approved, you can choose either 5,000 World of Hyatt points or an additional 20% off the matched rate for your stay (defined as consecutive nights at the same location). Rates available on websites that require membership which is free of charge, or where membership is automatically created as part of the booking, are eligible for BRG claims.

.................................................. ..........

Recent Experiences Using the BRG (2018 and later)

YES
  • Hotels.com - April 2019
  • Booking.com - May 2019

MAYBE
  • Skoosh - April 2019 (initially rejected as "membership site" but approved on appeal)
NO
  • SnapTravel

Update in Hyatt BRG policy (July 2017): if your BRG claim is approved, Hyatt will match the comparable lower rate, but will no longer offer a further 20% discount on the matched lower rate. Instead, after your stay on the BRG approved rate, you will receive a US$50 credit (or equivalent amount in the currency of your country of residence) to use on a future stay (completed within 12 months) booked on a Standard Rate, Advance Purchase Rate or Member Rate on Hyatt.com.

Q. How do I receive the $50 credit?
A. About 3-4 days after your BRG stay, Hyatt will email you a unique rate code to apply for your new reservation. You can either click on the link in the mail to book the reservation or manually enter it into the booking at Hyatt.com.

Q. Can I use the code more than once?
A. No. The code is invalid when it has already been attached to a reservation.

Q. Can I use the code to lower a rate like AAA or Double Points?
A. No. The BRG code books into its own unique rate class and can't be used with any other promotional rates.

Q. What happens if I cancel my reservation with the BRG code applied?
A. The code will can be re-used for another reservation. For this reason, DO NOT DELETE THE EMAIL FROM HYATT UNTIL AFTER YOUR STAY.

Q. What happens if a lower base rate appears available after I book the BRG rate?
A. You can cancel the first reservation (assuming there's no penalty) and then rebook using the code for the lower rate.

If you are dissatisfied with the response to your BRG claim, and it was processed by the Hyatt Service Desk in Omaha (9805 Q Street), you can consider filing a consumer complaint (link to online form) with the Nebraska Attorney General's Office (Consumer Protection Division). Note that the online complaint form requires you to fill in a correspondence address in the US (though you can state a preference to receive correspondence by e-mail rather than by post). As reported in Post # 2691, if the AG's Office decides to investigate, it is possible that Hyatt will review your BRG claim again and, in addition, offer points for the inconvenience.

If your BRG claim was processed by the Hyatt Service Desk in Marion (1120 North Carbon Street Suite 70), you can consider filing a consumer complaint (link to online form) with the Illinois Attorney General's Office.

From Post # 12:
Originally Posted by Smart Shopper
If you can’t solve your issue (please mind Hyatt's Consumer Affairs Department assists us at 1-800-323-7249) here are some other resources:

Sound Off
  • Contact Consumer Traveler (my pick: Christopher Elliott)
  • Consumer Tools (My3cents.com is a leading source of consumer advice)
  • Post a complaint for public view
  • Consumer Comment Form (please mind: If you file a complaint it becomes property of “Consumer Affairs” and they are not obliged to remove it if you solve the issue)

Conde Nast's Traveler's "Ombudsman" column features a traveler's complaint column. Send in your complaint to Ombudsman, Conde Nast Traveler, 4 Times Square, New York, NY 10036.

Legal Options
  • File a complaint at you state's attorney general's office
  • Small Claims Court (link provides also a helping hand on how to resolve problem without going to small claims court)
  • Federal Trade Commission (The FTC does not resolve individual consumer complaints.)
Print Wikipost

Hyatt - Best Rate Guarantee - Experiences - MASTER THREAD - WIKI

Search this Thread

Old Aug 23, 2017, 7:41 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: QF, VA, AC, Hyatt, Marriott
Originally Posted by staff
How would I best get in touch with Hyatt regarding this? Diamond/Globalist line? Is there an email that's good to reach out on?
Some of the numbers I have used in the past are 1-888-848-9496 and 1-888-524-9288.
Old Aug 23, 2017, 8:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by staff
.....If I call Hyatt is there any chance they would honor the original rate (I got screenshots)? The email clearly states it was rejected on the membership issue and not the rate itself.
You can try but I am not hopeful. Screenshots are generally not accepted as rate is based on when BRG desk reviews your claim, not when your claim was filed. Good luck!
Old Sep 1, 2017, 6:02 am
Moderator: Hawaii-based airlines & Hawai'i forums

Programs: NEXUS/Global Entry, Delta, United, Hyatt, IHG, Marriott, and Hertz
Originally Posted by FlyinHawaiian
Property - Hyatt Place Fair Lawn, NJ (one night)
Hyatt Rate - $139
Hotels.com Rate - $125

My first claim was rejected but accepted after I sent a screen shot validating that the hotels.com rate was comparable to Hyatt's. In this case, the $50 cert is better compensation than the adjusted rate.
About four days after my stay, I received an email from Hyatt containing the code to use to apply the $50 credit for a future stay. I decided to redeem it; the code is a specific rate category (like AAA, AARP, etc.) When you use it on the website, a separate tab shows on the screen showing the different rates for various room types. Strangely, the discount was closer to $60 less than the standard rate.
Old Sep 1, 2017, 7:04 am

Programs: AC*E50, SPG/Marriott Plat
About four days after my stay, I received an email from Hyatt containing the code to use to apply the $50 credit for a future stay. I decided to redeem it; the code is a specific rate category (like AAA, AARP, etc.) When you use it on the website, a separate tab shows on the screen showing the different rates for various room types. Strangely, the discount was closer to $60 less than the standard rate.
So you cannot combine the 50$ with corporate / AAA rate... Great
Old Sep 1, 2017, 9:24 am

Yeah, I was actually hoping to book a double points rate and use the credit to offset the higher cost. No joy.
Old Sep 1, 2017, 11:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Yeah, I was actually hoping to book a double points rate and use the credit to offset the higher cost. No joy.
I suspect you also cannot apply cert to a BRG reservation.
Old Sep 5, 2017, 12:00 pm

If I book two consecutive 1-night stays (at the same property), and if each stay is BRG approved, do I get two $50 credit codes or just one?
I know that the whole stay will be counted as 1 QS instead of 2, but for the purpose of BRG claim rewards, the T&Cs of Hyatt's BRG policy do not mention anything about these kind of situations, so I'm curious what would happen.
Old Sep 5, 2017, 5:04 pm

After making a reservation for this weekend using the $50 BRG code, I noticed that the base rate had gone down quite a bit so I called the Globalist line to see if they could make an adjustment to my reservation. The agent wasn't sure what the process was and had to put me on hold a few times to consult with others. At the end, I was instructed to cancel the existing reservation and then re-use the code for a new booking. Just to be safe, she put notes in my reservation and stayed on the line while I did that. Luckily, it worked; the code became available after I cancelled my reservation and I was able to make a new one and apply it again.

I've updated the wiki to reflect this process.
Old Sep 5, 2017, 5:47 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: QF, VA, AC, Hyatt, Marriott
Originally Posted by agjil
If I book two consecutive 1-night stays (at the same property), and if each stay is BRG approved, do I get two $50 credit codes or just one?
I know that the whole stay will be counted as 1 QS instead of 2, but for the purpose of BRG claim rewards, the T&Cs of Hyatt's BRG policy do not mention anything about these kind of situations, so I'm curious what would happen.
In theory, yes. However, we're too early into the latest devaluation to know in practice.
Old Sep 6, 2017, 10:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by agjil
Nice thinking, but the chances of Hyatt approving two BRG claims is fairly small. Most of us would be happy with getting a 2-night stay approved, instead of maybe getting 1 night approved and the other night at regular price.
Old Sep 6, 2017, 1:41 pm

Programs: UA 1k 1MM, AA Exec Plat, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, IHG Plat, Accor ?????
I was rejected at getaroom.com (booked through hotelscombined.com), even though FT'ers have generally reported that this site was "ok" in the past.

The reason? The claimed that it wasn't immediately bookable (aka "instant confirmation"). As evidence, they offered this from getaroom's FAQ: "Depending on your arrival date, it takes a minimum of 24 hours before your reservation details reach the properties reservations system. Again, rest assured, getaroom.com guarantees your room is booked from a pre-negotiated block of inventory."

Hyatt's T&C excludes... "Rates that are not immediately bookable. To clarify, certain third party websites do not provide an immediate email confirmation of the booking after completion of the reservation or are confirmed as “on request” or similar status with confirmation sent at a later time. These third party sites are deemed not immediately bookable and are not valid."

The person went on to say that the claim is also invalid because the competing website requires payment in advance, even though it's 100% refundable. I thought this was always the case for Orbitz, Expedia, etc.
Old Sep 7, 2017, 10:18 am

Programs: UA 1k 1MM, AA Exec Plat, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, IHG Plat, Accor ?????
So, has anyone had any luck lately (last month or so) getting a BRG approved on flexible rates when the competing takes money up front but Hyatt doesn't? It might just be random (up to the agent). Maybe some of them have a soul.

Any luck with getaroom? I put a note in the wiki about being denied, but I didn't want to move it from "YES" to "NO" until I get confirmation from others that it's blacklisted.
Old Sep 7, 2017, 4:19 pm

After making a reservation for this weekend using the $50 BRG code, I noticed that the base rate had gone down quite a bit so I called the Globalist line to see if they could make an adjustment to my reservation. The agent wasn't sure what the process was and had to put me on hold a few times to consult with others. At the end, I was instructed to cancel the existing reservation and then re-use the code for a new booking. Just to be safe, she put notes in my reservation and stayed on the line while I did that. Luckily, it worked; the code became available after I cancelled my reservation and I was able to make a new one and apply it again.

I've updated the wiki to reflect this process.
When you use the $50 BRG code, does the reservation still book into a "standard" rate category?
The reason I ask is I am planning on using 6K points to upgrade a base room to a suite after I book the base room with the $50 BRG code. (I will receive the $50 code in a couple of months)
IIRC, only reservations booked with a standard rate can be upgraded to suites with points, so I'm wondering whether a reservation booked with the $50 BRG code would qualify for suite upgrades using points.
Old Sep 13, 2017, 7:16 pm

Can you apply the $50 towards points + cash stay? what about non U.S. Hyatts?
Old Sep 17, 2017, 7:11 pm

Programs: Hyatt Gold Passport, Singapore Airlines Kris Flyer, SBG, Hilto HHonors, Marriott
Had several drinks with a Hyatt GM in Asia in July; seems 'JZ' was a solid proponent of consumer loyalty and he was axed because of it (and other strategic diffs), BRG program was revised after his exit, GM's weren't surprised at the changes and have observed lower demand which corporate attributes to the Starwood/Marriott merger. The GM's aren't buying it since they are accountable for meeting committed forecasts, corporate has thrown a few bones out there but Hyatt having a challenging year. BRG isn't really worth the effort any longer and I'm staying at Marriott's. Unfortunately the best days at Hyatt are behind us I'm afraid.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.