Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Regency Danang (Vietnam) REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 29, 2011, 10:56 pm
Community Director Emerita

Have any FTers stayed here?
Old Dec 29, 2011, 11:13 pm

Programs: AA EXP/4MM UA 1MM, HY Global, Bon Lft Plat, HH Dia
I have a reservations for February. Was wanting to use my suite upgrades, but was told that the upgrade process was not in place yet.

Hoi an is definitely worth doing if you are this close, but would probably plan on a day. There is a good highway link. I think the hotel will have some type of program set up.
Old Dec 30, 2011, 12:54 am

Originally Posted by SanDiego1K
Have any FTers stayed here?
I was here last week. Hotel is very nice, but the weather was lousy, it rained the whole 3 days we were there, we should have known that Dec is the rain season in the central coast.

The hotel is about 20 minutes from the airport and should cost about 180K VND. Staff is very accommodating and service was excellent especially the HR club lounge staff. I didn't get a chance to meet the Autralian GM, but my email interaction with him, he seems to be a very hands on GM. I would definitely be back during the dry season.
Old May 9, 2012, 3:47 am
Suspended

Programs: Marriott - P; HH - G; Hyatt - P; Avis - LT First
any updates on this hotel since the last OP posted?

are there any restaurants offsite near the hotel??

besides a visit to Hoi An, do threy have a tour desk for a day trip to Hue??
Old May 9, 2012, 2:54 pm

Programs: Hilton Gold, Club Carlson Gold
I have never been to this one but I really want to check it out
Perhaps next time my mom is in Da Nang I will book the hotel for her
Old May 10, 2012, 5:01 pm

Originally Posted by BKKLEE
any updates on this hotel since the last OP posted?

are there any restaurants offsite near the hotel??

besides a visit to Hoi An, do threy have a tour desk for a day trip to Hue??
No restaurants near the hotel as I remembered. Its isolate with nothing on the other side of the road. Hotel can arrange day trip to Hue.
Old May 12, 2012, 12:11 pm

Programs: P THAI,Diamond HYATT
Originally Posted by imm2b
No restaurants near the hotel as I remembered. Its isolate with nothing on the other side of the road. Hotel can arrange day trip to Hue.
I hate to bag a new place, but this opened way too early, we stayed for 5 days, the staff didn't know what to do, it was a shambles and it looked and felt nothing like a Hyatt. They appear to be more interested in selling the condos than running a hotel and they have to understand that at the moment they are isolated in the middle of nowhere, with sandy vacant blocks on either side. If they accepted this and handled it correctly , fine, but at the moment they are not prepared to accept reality. We tried 4 times to swim in the ocean and everytime we were pulled from the ocean by staff yelling too dangerous. We had to arrange our own day transports, we ended up having a ball, driving up and down the coast exploring all the towns, the concierge had one map and it is hard I know teaching new staff, but this lot were painful. It is not a bad place, the rooms are new and that always is a bonus, breakfast was so so, nothing special, the F&B should add something unusual, maybe a creme brulee for the wow at breakfast, look at this value. If you want to be left alone, the rate we negotiated was cheap so at the end, we never complained, we used it as a base and explored the central area, but other than SGN, we have been happy with Sofitel in Vietnam
Old May 13, 2012, 6:18 pm
Suspended

I'm booked for a 4-7 Dec period so hope things will have improved by then...... one thing for sure is that since I was last in DaNang in '73 at least no one will be shooting at me, but the 2-hr drive to Hue thru newly built tunnel is news as I was used to a Huey flight in about 15-minutes!
Interesting note about the condos next to the hotel - will look to see how they compare to the private villas in Sharm

Originally Posted by BKKROP
I hate to bag a new place, but this opened way too early, we stayed for 5 days, the staff didn't know what to do, it was a shambles and it looked and felt nothing like a Hyatt. They appear to be more interested in selling the condos than running a hotel and they have to understand that at the moment they are isolated in the middle of nowhere, with sandy vacant blocks on either side. If they accepted this and handled it correctly , fine, but at the moment they are not prepared to accept reality. We tried 4 times to swim in the ocean and everytime we were pulled from the ocean by staff yelling too dangerous. We had to arrange our own day transports, we ended up having a ball, driving up and down the coast exploring all the towns, the concierge had one map and it is hard I know teaching new staff, but this lot were painful.
Old May 13, 2012, 7:10 pm

Originally Posted by BKKROP
I hate to bag a new place, but this opened way too early, we stayed for 5 days, the staff didn't know what to do, it was a shambles and it looked and felt nothing like a Hyatt. They appear to be more interested in selling the condos than running a hotel and they have to understand that at the moment they are isolated in the middle of nowhere, with sandy vacant blocks on either side. at this value.
How was the occupancy? When I was there late last year, it was only about 15-20%. I thought the lounge staff was excellent. Some of them came over from The Nam Hai. They didn't even mention about the condos to me, may be it was not finished when I was there.
Old May 16, 2012, 4:11 pm

We were there for a week in mid-April and really enjoyed the relaxed atmosphere. Occupancy was still pretty low, which was not a bad thing since we had the beach and pool to ourselves. Service was a little slow at times, but this really didn't bother us as we were just there to relax. The staff was very friendly, did their best to accomodate all our requests, and we enjoyed chatting with them during their down time. I am sure their "technique" will improve with time. We found the food very good (we love Vietnamese food) and cheap by Hyatt standards. Of the three restaurants, we actually enjoyed the lunches at the pool restaurant the most - they opened the back doors out to the beach area and it was a great spot to while away the time with lunch and a few beers looking at the great view of the distant hills across the bay. The room was new and had a great airy design overlooking the pool and ocean. Didn't do the club level, as we were using a buy two get one free room rate, making it a very reasonable stay. Took the complimentary shuttle to Hoi An (20 minutes away) a few days and the wife and daughter enjoyed geting clothes made and sitting around a few of the locar cafes. While I would not disagree that the service is not up to the more established Hyatts, I definitely think this is worth a stay if you are just out for a relaxed vacation in that part of Vietnam.
Old May 16, 2012, 6:29 pm

Programs: P THAI,Diamond HYATT
Originally Posted by bobdevens
Took the complimentary shuttle to Hoi An (20 minutes away) .
There you go, it has moved on, when there we had so much trouble just getting a cab, they put us in the hotel merc one day which I thought was great, until I saw the charge on the bill. The idea of a shuttle makes so much sense and Hoi Ann was a fav destination of ours whilst there, it made for a delightful days shopping eating and strolling. We thought at the time, give this place 12 months and you will not know it, sounds as if it is leaping ahead which is good as the staff were nice
Old Jul 19, 2012, 1:01 am

#####

Last edited by Buddy3231; Aug 26, 2012 at 8:19 am
Old Jul 23, 2012, 7:55 pm

Any opinions on the Nam Hai; I was thinking about two nights there to relax on my way from Northern VN to Siem Riep.

thx

Last edited by peteropny; Nov 6, 2012 at 5:56 am
Old Oct 3, 2012, 3:31 am
Suspended

Programs: Delta Diamond, United IK, AA LifPLT, Hyatt Globalist, IHG PLT AMB, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold, Hilton G

I am at the hotel now. Occupancy is very low, I think there is too much luxury competition now. As a diamond, I booked the pay two, get 1 free rate and used a suite upgrade. I was upgraded to an Executive Suite, which is huge and overlooks beach with two balconies. It is on the third floor of one of the buildings and there is no elevator to this unit, so if climbing stairs is a problem, make sure you let them know in advance.

The staff are very nice, but very young and not well trained. Also, as in most of SE Asia, the hotels overstaff, so you have several staff just standing around trying to look busy, and really not knowing what they are doing. We have been asked the same question (what would you like to drink, how can i help you, etc) several times, because there is no coordination between staff, and there really are just too many. For instance 2 servers show up to bring 2 drinks. 4 waiters serve to entrees, 3 porters show up, each carrying one bag (again, they had to climb the stairs, so perhaps understandable).

The club lounge is very nice, again too many staff and service a bit slow. English language skills of staff globally at this hotel is a problem. There are 3 restaurants. The Pool House, located by the beach and is open only for lunch, and the Greenhouse and Beach House. There is no buffet at any of the restaurants for lunch or dinner, so if you stay more than a few days, you will get very bored with the menu. Food items are numerous, but quality of some items was poor, especially in the Pool House, where there was no Western Chef on duty. There is not much around the hotel, so you are basically stuck.

The private club pool is great and very quiet. Only issue is bugs, bees, wasps, etc., that create issues. The resort planted numerous flowers and other plants around the lounge beds and pool area that attract these bugs, so beware and be careful, the bees are not afraid of us.

Overall, the hotel is very nice, but also slightly on the expensive side for what you get and the services provided.

My upgrade was great and with the free night, I was satisfied. However, I likely would try the Intercontinental next time if I return to Danang.
Old Nov 24, 2012, 10:20 pm
Suspended

anyone staying (or stayed) here and done a day trip to Imperial City in Hue?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.