Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Clear is it worth joining? - CEASED OPERATIIONS 6/22/09 - May Restart late 2010

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Clear is it worth joining? - CEASED OPERATIIONS 6/22/09 - May Restart late 2010

Search this Thread

Old Mar 6, 2008, 7:45 am

Programs: DL DM, MR Titanium, HHonors Diamond
The promo for free access for Plat/Diamond members is still prevalent on the front of flyclear.com and worked for me today.
Old Mar 29, 2008, 5:05 pm

When I go through the online registration process after clicking on the free link for Hyatt PLT members it still wants to charge me $128 and asks me to enter in my CC. When you all did this did you enter the CC and than receive the "Promotional Code" language, or did you not have to put in your CC info?

I'm hesitant as it looks like it wants to charge me.

Thanks,
Old Mar 29, 2008, 5:35 pm
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

Originally Posted by Ross0
When I go through the online registration process after clicking on the free link for Hyatt PLT members it still wants to charge me $128 and asks me to enter in my CC. When you all did this did you enter the CC and than receive the "Promotional Code" language, or did you not have to put in your CC info?
I signed up in Feb and never had to enter my CC.
Old Mar 29, 2008, 5:36 pm

I just signed up for hyatt platinum and then clear. When I entered my CC info, it said above it that the 1st year is free and the CC is for the renewal. I forgot to print that page.

The email I got after I signd up still looks like I owe the $128. I will call them to confirm before I go to the airport to finalize the process.

Update: I called and they verified 3rd party billing. This is from the email clear sends after you sign up and it is unclear who is paying. Nowhere did it say it was a 3rd party. The Clear CS person said as long as you go through the verification of Hyatt status, you are OK.

Order Summary:
Total: $128.00 (Clear membership and TSA vetting fee)
Order Total: $128.00
Your Membership term will not begin until you complete in-person enrollment, and are approved by TSA.

Last edited by mileshound; Mar 30, 2008 at 11:05 am
Old Mar 29, 2008, 9:01 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Plat 2MM, MR Gold, Avis Pref
I've never submitted a CC number

however I held off on the final inputs b/c I was only going to do this if it was free. Somehow, somewhere some time, I all of a sudden got this email saying my application was approved (I dont remember submitting it) and that I have to go in to the airport to get the in person piece done which I will do Tuesday

I will double check again there is not any fee
Old Mar 30, 2008, 11:13 am

Originally Posted by TrojanHorse
I've never submitted a CC number

however I held off on the final inputs b/c I was only going to do this if it was free. Somehow, somewhere some time, I all of a sudden got this email saying my application was approved (I dont remember submitting it) and that I have to go in to the airport to get the in person piece done which I will do Tuesday

I will double check again there is not any fee
Don't forget you need two government IDs - I used driver's license & passport - they won't complete it with just one.
Old Apr 15, 2008, 11:47 am

Programs: UA 1K, AA Plat, WN A-list, AS MVP 75K, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by Ross0

I'm hesitant as it looks like it wants to charge me.

Thanks,
You can still sign up on the flyclear website. As for the cc info, it states:

Payment Information*:

A credit or debit card is required to create your Clear account. Your card will not be charged for your first year of membership.

Hope that helps!
Old Apr 15, 2008, 3:47 pm

Programs: all the big ones.. no LCCs for me
can you join for free with hyatt this year and then instead of paying during year 2 use your top tier marriott status and get that year for free. marriott is now sponsoring this as well
Old Apr 19, 2008, 7:16 am

Programs: Marriott Platinum, Hyatt Globalist
I was downgraded to Platinum this year but received an email yesterday from GP saying that I am still eligible for the free year on Clear if I enroll by the end of June. I used to have the INS Pass years ago and a palm scan let me bypass the Customs and Immigration lines. That worked great but am hesitant to sign up for Clear since the only airport I frequent (EWR) doesn't have Clear machines in Terminal A or C.
Old Apr 19, 2008, 12:42 pm

Originally Posted by JoeBagodonuts
can you join for free with hyatt this year and then instead of paying during year 2 use your top tier marriott status and get that year for free. marriott is now sponsoring this as well
In the fine print of a recent e-mail that I received (Hyatt Diamond & Plat) had the following in the fine print - "Diamond and Platinum members who are currently enrolled in Clear may extend their membership for one additional year by contacting Clear Customer Support. "
Old Apr 19, 2008, 12:48 pm
Moderator: Luxury Hotels and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by kevino

Finally, we have persuaded TSA to drop what we considered the illogical requirement that Clear members need to present a photo identification along with their biometrically-secure Clear cards to pass through security. When this change is implemented, you will no longer need to present a separate photo ID. Instead, the agency has now agreed that it will allow us to place your digital photos (which we captured when you enrolled) on your Clear cards. This is a practical compromise; we'll simply be issuing you a new card with your photo on it in the coming weeks, at our expense, so you won't have to use a second ID. (However, until then please remember to bring that other photo ID.)....
Well, it's April and I never got this photo card. Has anyone else gotten one? Maybe you only get it if you actually paid them, but not if you signed up through the Hyatt promotion.
Old Apr 19, 2008, 2:12 pm

Programs: UA1k3.00mm;AAex-EXP;Hy Glob;Acc Plt;HH Dia;Onyx Plt;Mar LT Tit;IHG DiAm;RR P;RRA G;BW D;Hcom G
I have not yet received my card with a photo.
Old Apr 20, 2008, 12:38 pm

I just emailed them about this issue, let's see what they say (if anything).

Note: As of April 24, no reply.

Last edited by RichardInSF; Apr 24, 2008 at 11:23 am
Old Apr 20, 2008, 8:12 pm

Programs: SPG Platinum; Hyatt Platinum; UA 1K
My advice is to email Steven Brill directly.

He was surprisingly responsive when I wrote him.
Old Apr 20, 2008, 10:01 pm

Originally Posted by VPescado
My advice is to email Steven Brill directly.

He was surprisingly responsive when I wrote him.
If need be, I will, but I have had decent luck just with regular customer support -- CLEAR really wants to prove itself right now.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.