Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Clear is it worth joining? - CEASED OPERATIIONS 6/22/09 - May Restart late 2010

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Clear is it worth joining? - CEASED OPERATIIONS 6/22/09 - May Restart late 2010

Search this Thread

Old Aug 5, 2008, 8:07 pm

Programs: UA 2MM, AA 600k, DL 500k, Hyatt GP 1M, HH Gold, Rad. Gold, CP Gold, Miracle Fruit-su Club
Cool The benefits of a doubt

While the laptop may have been found in the same room, it's doubtful that an investigator would accept that at face value, unless there's pressure to concoct a story that puts Humpty Dumpty together again -- e.g., that "it was all just a misunderstanding".
Old Aug 6, 2008, 5:57 pm

Programs: AA - LFT GLD 1MM, UA - 2P, SPG - LFT Plat, Hyatt - Plat, HH - Gold, Avis - CHM
wow that was simple to renew. just called, did some verification, grabbed my hyatt number and done. extended through 2009.

i actually had sent them an email back in april but never heard back from them. shouldve called back then instead.
Old Aug 7, 2008, 3:43 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, UA 1K, Hertz Platinum
Originally Posted by RichardInSF
After some fumbling around, they added my second year as well.

Also, the missing laptop has been found -- in the very room where it was allegedly stolen from, meaning it might not have been stolen at all!
That must be a very large room.
Old Aug 7, 2008, 11:19 pm

Programs: Hyatt
The number of airport we can use this service is still limited. In addition, there is no long security line at my airport anyway. I am not planning to join this program even if it's free.
Old Aug 8, 2008, 3:10 am

Programs: LH HON Circle, Premier M&M World MC, UA MP
I spoke to them about the laptop issue; the lady admitted it was more than likely an inside job. I don't buy the "it was never accessed" part. And it irks me to hear "no it wasn't encrypted, it was double passworded" where all I could do is laugh. They should be using some proprietary encryption built off of AES 256.

TSA lifted the "ban" on the number of 20 aeroports, so you should see them at many more aeroports soon. I'm glad TSA isn't cutting CLEAR off.

As for if CLEAR needs money? Sure they do - they're a startup and it's normal to offer deals for the members that first joined so they can build capital.
Old Aug 9, 2008, 9:10 am

Just another data point: I called yesterday and asked for the Hyatt one-year renewal. She asked for a promo code, but then when I stated what had been posted here, she relented and simply took my Gold Passport number.

Note, however, she did ask for my credit card this time (when it wasn't needed originally). My credit card was not charged. BUT, magically, my clear profile then listed that I automatically renew. So be sure after you renew via Hyatt that you reset your membership option to not automatically renew, so your card isn't charged in a year. Hopefully by then another promo will come along.
Old Aug 13, 2008, 2:03 pm

Programs: UA 2MM, WN CP & A-List +, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold,
Finally got around to calling CLEAR ... got my membership extended another year into 2010.

Very easy with no problems at all. Was asked for GP number as well as credit card (was told it was required but will not be charged).
Old Aug 14, 2008, 7:05 am

Programs: DL Gold/MM, HH Diamond, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by PHLbuddy
My credit card was not charged. BUT, magically, my clear profile then listed that I automatically renew. So be sure after you renew via Hyatt that you reset your membership option to not automatically renew, so your card isn't charged in a year. Hopefully by then another promo will come along.
I just checked my profile and it also was set to automatic renewal, which I changed. Thanks for the tip.
Old Aug 14, 2008, 7:55 am
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

Originally Posted by Richard1148
I just checked my profile and it also was set to automatic renewal, which I changed. Thanks for the tip.
Ditto - thanks!!!
Old Aug 14, 2008, 7:50 pm
Moderator: Luxury Hotels and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Got an email that Clear is now again allowed to accept new applicants.
Old Sep 9, 2008, 10:28 am

Programs: UA 1K, AA Plat, WN A-list, AS MVP 75K, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
New Free Month Code...

DSCAM12078926. Should be good for unlimited users.

(please note that it gives the referrer--me--a free month as well.)

Last edited by bbison; Mar 25, 2009 at 1:46 pm
Old Nov 20, 2008, 11:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I am doing this just to bump.

Today, I was able to get Gold Passport pay for my 2009 CLEAR membership. My membership was to end on 10-Jan-09, however I was told by my CS agent that within 30 days of your expiration, one will receive a notice by mail from CLEAR concerning one's membership.

From what I was told today, as long as Gold Passport continues supports the CLEAR program AND you signed up as an eligible member (Diamond and Platinum), you will still be eligible to renew at no cost to you. After I was informed of the notice by mail, the CS operator at CLEAR thought it was fine to renew it now, and he did. My online, CLEAR account does now indicate that my account is good through 2010.
Old Nov 20, 2008, 11:13 pm
Moderator: Luxury Hotels and FlyerTalk Evangelist

And I finally got a Clear card in the mail yesterday with my photo on it, so it now should eliminate the need to show ID as well.
Old Nov 20, 2008, 11:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by RichardInSF
And I finally got a Clear card in the mail yesterday with my photo on it, so it now should eliminate the need to show ID as well.
Richard (and others FTers), I am sorry for not telling you all that I was told I would receive a new card with my photo within three weeks. I will see if it occurs.
Old Nov 21, 2008, 12:44 pm

Programs: UA 2MM, WN CP & A-List +, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold,
I received a new Clear card with my picture on it a couple days ago. Though my head is probably only 5% of the picture on mine.... you can barely see the face.

I'll see what they say at the Clear station when I use it next.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.