Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Discount Codes (many are Corporate)

Old Nov 5, 2023, 4:48 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: TravelinSperry
Current Global offers:

1- Sep 6 2023 - End of football season 2024: receive 15% off at participating properties with the code GOJALIN15. News release here
2- Nov 3 2023: Earn 2X points and get 5% off. Book by December 5, 2023 for stays completed between Nov 3, 2023, and Apr 30, 2024. Use code STAYNOW to book. 659 participating properties shown here https://world.hyatt.com/content/gp/e...ibilities.html

Current local offers:

1- Hotel Figueroa, downtown Los Angeles: Save 20% on stays of three nights or more, and toast to the season with two festive complimentary cocktails from the Holiday Bar Cart; offer code HOLIDA https://www.hyatt.com/en-US/hotel/ca...fercode=HOLIDA

Print Wikipost

Hyatt Discount Codes (many are Corporate)

Old Jun 10, 2015, 9:03 am

any recent experience with PH Sydney? What codes did you use?
Old Jun 26, 2015, 10:38 pm

Programs: AA EXP...couple hotels and cars too
Originally Posted by mevallemadre
I've used the IBM code for years and have been asked to verify once (GH HK; Feb. 2015). Fortunately, I was able to provide proof. I will say / warn individuals reading this, be ready to pay rack rate, in case you can't provide proof.

In my mind, the years and all the discounts I've benefited having to pay "rack rate" because I couldn't verify, wouldn't be bad. The years of savings and upgrades would be pay for the upcharge ...
Why would one pay rack rate?

Worse case is 'walk up' rate- what a room would cost to book right then.

Or you walk away, right? For example, lets say you reserve at $150. The room is guaranteed. You show. They question. They say the rate is 500. Can they charge you $150 if you decline the higher rate? (you DID show)

IMO most terms and conditions are silent on this issue ..
Old Jun 27, 2015, 1:58 am

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, SPG VIP, Marriott Platinum Premier
You will be asked for ID if you use corporate codes. Get ready to have your corporate tags or business cards handed over for verification.
Old Jun 27, 2015, 2:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hyatt Discoverist, SEIBU PRINCE CLUB Silver, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by Exec_Plat
To avoid having the hotel charge you with attempted fraud.
Old Jun 27, 2015, 12:49 pm

Originally Posted by dt88
You will be asked for ID if you use corporate codes. Get ready to have your corporate tags or business cards handed over for verification.
My point is when you say "no, I dont work for IBM, why?"

and they say 'well you booked an IBM rate'

and you say "oh, ....then how much is it?"

and they say "$500"

and you say 'no thank you'

What is their recourse? Can they charge you the $150 even thought you were a 'show'? can they force you to pay more than you agreed to pay?

SOME properties actually address this in the terms and conditons- if you book a room that you do not quantify for, the charge will be the 'then available' rate. But many are silent.

Originally Posted by hailstorm
To avoid having the hotel charge you with attempted fraud.
Oh please.

I guess you work in the legal field, huh?
Old Jun 28, 2015, 12:32 am
Moderator: Alaska Mileage Plan

Booking a rate for which one doesn't qualify is arguable at best, unethical to most and fraudulent at worst.

Maintaining that one is blameless when the rate is challenged is beyond the pale.
Old Jun 28, 2015, 5:38 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Plat 2MM, MR Gold, Avis Pref
Originally Posted by peteropny
I would advise against this. Hyatt has asked us several times to take down this thread because of the codes contained in it. We've been able to satisfy by saying that what is posted is up to the members and that the thread is not managed by Flyertalk or the mods in anyway. Having a wiki with all the codes listed would lessen our argument. And having the discussion in this one thread helps it not proliferate to other threads.

FWIW, I used to be the mod over on the National car rental forum. National had approached Flyertalk to take down the discount code thread, I strongly resisted and FT management agreed with an edit to the disclaimer. National then went an alternative way by contacting the member who maintained the listing through an unaffiliated car rental review site (think blog) and threatened him with legal action to remove the listing. He asked me to delete which I did but then resigned immediately as mod since I can't support a company that is so underhanded.

Long story short, I'd leave this thread the way it is, rather a jumbled listing to maximize its chances of surviving. Not that I even think that Hyatt would do something like a National did.
I'm surprised that no one has stated this

but thank you for taking this stance

^
Old Jun 28, 2015, 5:44 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Plat 2MM, MR Gold, Avis Pref
Originally Posted by andyclarkson
So that's a no? HR don't have the codes. And the company travel agent doesn't give them out as they book everything directly.
I disagree

I work for a fortune 200 company; we use concur; I was looking for our company codes to all the chains we had agreements

I called HR (they thought I was nuts)
I called Travel Accounting (ditto)
I called Travel (call the travel agent that runs concur)
I called travel agent (no idea, they just run it thru the system)

I finally over time went to each chain and went in and showed my ID and asked them what is the code for this company?

That is how I got the codes for my own company

NO it is not easy to do
Old Jun 28, 2015, 6:21 am
Hyatt 10+ BadgeFour Seasons 5+ Badge

Programs: QF WP (OWE), VA PLAT, EY GLD, SPG PLAT, Hyatt DIA, Hilton DIA, Hertz PC

Worse case is 'walk up' rate- what a room would cost to book right then.

Or you walk away, right? For example, lets say you reserve at $150. The room is guaranteed. You show. They question. They say the rate is 500. Can they charge you $150 if you decline the higher rate? (you DID show)

IMO most terms and conditions are silent on this issue ..
Interesting that you don't think you're going to be charged the cancellation fee...

You also don't seem to understand that each corporate receives reports of those who use their code. If they query your stay, Hyatt will investigate and they have your credit card details and contact information.

At the PH SYD using a large corporation's code that wasn't settled by account during the stay would arouse suspicion in itself. I do recall guest's paying RACK when it was discovered during their stay.

If you have no moral compass, ponder on that.
Old Jun 28, 2015, 9:58 am

Programs: "But, I'm a GLOBALIST guest...."
Originally Posted by TrojanHorse
I disagree

I work for a fortune 200 company; we use concur; I was looking for our company codes to all the chains we had agreements

I called HR (they thought I was nuts)
I called Travel Accounting (ditto)
I called Travel (call the travel agent that runs concur)
I called travel agent (no idea, they just run it thru the system)

I finally over time went to each chain and went in and showed my ID and asked them what is the code for this company?

That is how I got the codes for my own company

NO it is not easy to do
I just called up hyatt and said "I work for XXXXXX and I'm tired of messing with our corporate internal site, can I please have the code so I can use your website?"

Took 2 seconds.
Old Jun 28, 2015, 10:03 am

Programs: "But, I'm a GLOBALIST guest...."
Originally Posted by m0hamed
Interesting that you don't think you're going to be charged the cancellation fee...

You also don't seem to understand that each corporate receives reports of those who use their code. If they query your stay, Hyatt will investigate and they have your credit card details and contact information.

At the PH SYD using a large corporation's code that wasn't settled by account during the stay would arouse suspicion in itself. I do recall guest's paying RACK when it was discovered during their stay.

One more comment here - the company could give two poots that you use their codes - in fact they would prefer you do as you get more volume onto their numbers allowing for higher negotiations with hyatt or individual hotels. They arent subsidizing these rates so this is nothing more than volume tracking for volume discounts.

My company (large fortune 100 company) recently had a note in travel that asked for employees to stay at a certain hotel in the N.Bay because they were coming up for negotiation to everyone booking in the bay area.

Last edited by austin_modern; Jun 28, 2015 at 10:15 am
Old Jun 28, 2015, 12:01 pm
Moderator: Alaska Mileage Plan

Originally Posted by austin_modern
the company could give two poots that you use their codes - in fact they would prefer you do as you get more volume onto their numbers allowing for higher negotiations with hyatt or individual hotels. They arent subsidizing these rates so this is nothing more than volume tracking for volume discounts.
A simplistic generalization. Most companies definitely do care that the integrity of their rate programs is maintained. Anyone who believes that companies like IBM and the large defense contractors don't care is rationalizing bad behavior.

The most obvious benefit of controlling rate usage is last minute bookings. Very few corporate rate programs have Last Room Availability (LRA). If an investment bank can't get a merger team into it's contracted hotel because its rate has been sold out to unaffiliated "consultants," there would certainly be repercussions.
Old Jun 28, 2015, 12:18 pm

Originally Posted by dayone
Booking a rate for which one doesn't qualify is arguable at best, unethical to most and fraudulent at worst.

Maintaining that one is blameless when the rate is challenged is beyond the pale.
OK, I know people on the internet need to judge... lets get past that and actually get to the issue.

What will they charge you? It is not like there is a legal statue that says "if you attempt fraud they charge you whatever they want"

There are two SEPARATE issues: is it fraud. Maybe. Lets even say yes to get past the chest thumping and moral superiority nonsense.

What can the desk clerk/hotel charge you if you refuse the upcharge?

They can SAY 'you pay RACK'...and I submit, unless there is text in the terms and conditions under which you gave them a deposit, that you are not obligated to pay rack if you choose not to stay. Furthermore, can they take the deposit, refuse you a room, and keep the deposit even if you showed up? You arent a no-show...

I submit there is a legal vacuum around this specific issue in many terms and conditions.

Originally Posted by m0hamed

1. The terms and conditions state you will pay for the room if you no show. Period.

The terms and conditions do not (usually) say "If you are not qualified for the rate you reserve, your rate will be the rack rate"

On RARE occasion Ive seen "if you do not qualify for the booked rate, you will pay the walk up rate" in the advance terms and conditions. Which is not RACK.

Happened to me once in PHX with a rate I had at 249. they wanted $480. I sat on a chair in the lobby, booked a room for $339 on my ipad. Desk clerk said "Glad you were able to book that, they make us charge that to walk ups".

2. The idea that a corp would see a night hotel stay somewhere, flag it, then have the hotel come back to a guest either during the stay or weeks/months/years later is truly laughable

3. The Park Hyatt SYD is not really a useful example, is it? I have no doubt their processes, checks and policies are strict.

4. You worry about your moral compass, I'll worry about mine. How I deal with PEOPLE is entirely different than my moral feelings towards CORPORATIONS.

ps austin-modern..Ill PM you, happy to help your company's cause.

I KID, I KID!!!
Old Jun 28, 2015, 3:42 pm

OK, I know people on the internet need to judge... lets get past that and actually get to the issue.

What will they charge you? It is not like there is a legal statue that says "if you attempt fraud they charge you whatever they want"

There are two SEPARATE issues: is it fraud. Maybe. Lets even say yes to get past the chest thumping and moral superiority nonsense.

What can the desk clerk/hotel charge you if you refuse the upcharge?

They can SAY 'you pay RACK'...and I submit, unless there is text in the terms and conditions under which you gave them a deposit, that you are not obligated to pay rack if you choose not to stay. Furthermore, can they take the deposit, refuse you a room, and keep the deposit even if you showed up? You arent a no-show...

I submit there is a legal vacuum around this specific issue in many terms and conditions.

1. The terms and conditions state you will pay for the room if you no show. Period.

The terms and conditions do not (usually) say "If you are not qualified for the rate you reserve, your rate will be the rack rate"

On RARE occasion Ive seen "if you do not qualify for the booked rate, you will pay the walk up rate" in the advance terms and conditions. Which is not RACK.

Happened to me once in PHX with a rate I had at 249. they wanted $480. I sat on a chair in the lobby, booked a room for $339 on my ipad. Desk clerk said "Glad you were able to book that, they make us charge that to walk ups".

2. The idea that a corp would see a night hotel stay somewhere, flag it, then have the hotel come back to a guest either during the stay or weeks/months/years later is truly laughable

3. The Park Hyatt SYD is not really a useful example, is it? I have no doubt their processes, checks and policies are strict.

4. You worry about your moral compass, I'll worry about mine. How I deal with PEOPLE is entirely different than my moral feelings towards CORPORATIONS.

ps austin-modern..Ill PM you, happy to help your company's cause.

I KID, I KID!!!

http://giphy.com/gifs/13py6c5BSnBkic/html5
Old Jun 28, 2015, 3:42 pm
Four Seasons 5+ BadgeHyatt 10+ Badge

Programs: QF WP (OWE), VA PLAT, EY GLD, SPG PLAT, Hyatt DIA, Hilton DIA, Hertz PC
And if the reservation's cancellation terms are to cancel 4PM the day prior, you don't think the hotel will charge the card they have on file if you walk out?

You seem to have a very narrow view of what the property can actually do.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.