Go Back   > > >

Old Feb 3, 17, 4:53 pm   #1111

Programs: UA 1MM, SPG100 '17, MR Plat, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Expl, IHG Plat, CC Gold, Hertz PC
Quote:
Originally Posted by sinova View Post
Hyatt Regency Tsim Sha Tsui. Also I had my own "Printed" business card with me when I checked in. They still gave me a rough time!
What do you mean rough time? When you handed them your business card what did they say/do?
TravelinSperry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 24, 17, 3:18 am   #1112

Programs: QFF, emirates
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinodavid View Post
Microsoft is 61059 in case she switches companies before your stay.
Just tried this one and it works, discount is actually a bit better than apples. Excuse my ignorance.. haven't really followed the hotel side of this forum, but is it common knowledge of which corporate discounts give a bigger % discount?

If there's a company that likes its employees more than microsoft out there pls let me know!

Don't want to come in as a beggar! happy to share my corporate Hertz code if anyone PM's me. I was getting basic model cars for ~40EU a day on my last holiday if thats a competitive rate?
ttep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 24, 17, 3:55 am   #1113
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Quote:
Originally Posted by ttep View Post
Don't want to come in as a beggar! happy to share my corporate Hertz code if anyone PM's me. I was getting basic model cars for ~40EU a day on my last holiday if thats a competitive rate?
Yeah, we all know how that can work out if there's a claim and the corporate rate is only valid for business rentals....
RTW1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 24, 17, 5:39 am   #1114

Programs: QFF, emirates
Quote:
Originally Posted by RTW1 View Post
Yeah, we all know how that can work out if there's a claim and the corporate rate is only valid for business rentals....
Not 100% sure what that is implying. It's for anyone at my company regardless of whether the trip is business related or not.

In fact i had a slight disagreement with a pole when I rented one in Adelaide and a few weeks after returning it, I rang them to see why I hadn't been followed up, turns out the insurance had it fully covered.

Stay positive mate.
ttep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 24, 17, 5:47 am   #1115
Hyatt Contributor Badge

I'm implying that corporate rate codes are not something to trade here...
RTW1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 23, 17, 3:57 pm   #1116

Has anyone had an issues using the IBM code and being asked for ID at Hyatt Regency Huntington? How strict are they?
cicixee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 23, 17, 4:49 pm   #1117
Hyatt Contributor BadgeFour Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: QF WP (OWE), VA PLAT, EY GLD, SPG PLAT, Hyatt DIA, Hilton DIA, Hertz PC
Quote:
Originally Posted by cicixee View Post
Has anyone had an issues using the IBM code and being asked for ID at Hyatt Regency Huntington? How strict are they?
Great first post.
m0hamed is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 23, 17, 6:03 pm   #1118

Location: The Heartland -- AA EXP 3.5MM, Hyatt Diamond, Avis President's Club
If you really work for the company whose code you use, it should be the easiest thing in the world to demonstrate that fact. Why does showing a company ID pose even a tiny problem? Unless, of course, you don't actually work for that company.
Quote:
Originally Posted by cicixee View Post
CloudCoder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 23, 17, 6:23 pm   #1119

Programs: "But, I'm a GLOBALIST guest...."
Quote:
Originally Posted by CloudCoder View Post
If you really work for the company whose code you use, it should be the easiest thing in the world to demonstrate that fact. Why does showing a company ID pose even a tiny problem? Unless, of course, you don't actually work for that company.
we know the poster doesn't work there.

Welcome to flyertalk CiCi. I enjoy your pizza.

Anyhow. I've never been checked for a corporate ID stateside. Good luck.
austin_modern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 23, 17, 8:50 pm   #1120
Original Member

Programs: AA 2MM, Hyatt Glob, SPG LTP, Hilton Diamond, National EE
I've been asked in the US when hotel is overbooked.
seawolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 23, 17, 10:58 pm   #1121
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: AA CK/ United 1k / Hyatt top tier / Hilton Gold / SPG Plat 75
Best rule don't use unless you have something to back up your employment . Most locations have no issue if you use corp rate on a non biz trip as long as your an employee. However recently at GHBK this has changed and they request letters from superior to ensure that you are actually on biz.
footastic is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 24, 17, 9:47 pm   #1122

Programs: Delta Diamond, United IK, AA LifPLT, Hyatt Globalist, IHG PLT AMB, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold, Hilton G
Quote:
Originally Posted by footastic View Post
Best rule don't use unless you have something to back up your employment . Most locations have no issue if you use corp rate on a non biz trip as long as your an employee. However recently at GHBK this has changed and they request letters from superior to ensure that you are actually on biz.
That doesn't make any sense. While I agree some hotels seem to be cracking down and requesting ID, if you give them a business card or company ID they are fine. No hotel is going to go through the trouble of asking guests to prove they are actually on business travel to secure the rate. If a hotel requested that I have a letter from my manager confirming business travel, I would complain and contact corporate hyatt and my company travel department.

In my experience the GH HK and Park Hyatt Tokyo are the worst in asking for ID. When on non-business travel, I generally give them my business card and tell them I have meetings at the company whose code I am using. The GH HK actually asked me to get a letter from the company confirming the meeting. I declined their request and told them to change the rate to my actual corporate rate - which was $40 more - they actually never changed the rate.

My recommendation for people using the rates is generally you will not be asked for ID, but if you are, tell them you are their for meetings with that company - if they persist, be prepared to pay the rack rate and then take your business to another hotel the next night.
SethLevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 15, 17, 10:39 am   #1123

Has anyone tried corporate codes at HP in Tijuana, MX? Do you think they will ask for verification there?
slm9555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 15, 17, 11:28 am   #1124

Programs: PC Platinum Ambassador, Hyatt Diamond
First rule of corporate codes. If you don't have verification and shouldn't be using them, don't. I have had id checked at various hotels all over the world.
antonius66 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 15, 17, 1:33 pm   #1125
Original Member

Programs: AA 2MM, Hyatt Glob, SPG LTP, Hilton Diamond, National EE
Quote:
Originally Posted by slm9555 View Post
Has anyone tried corporate codes at HP in Tijuana, MX? Do you think they will ask for verification there?
There is no general answer because if a hotel is sold out, then they will more likely ask when they normally don't. Have a Plan B if you want to go down this route.
seawolf is offline   Reply With Quote