Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Discount Codes (many are Corporate)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 5, 2023, 4:48 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: TravelinSperry
Current Global offers:

1- Sep 6 2023 - End of football season 2024: receive 15% off at participating properties with the code GOJALIN15. News release here
2- Nov 3 2023: Earn 2X points and get 5% off. Book by December 5, 2023 for stays completed between Nov 3, 2023, and Apr 30, 2024. Use code STAYNOW to book. 659 participating properties shown here https://world.hyatt.com/content/gp/e...ibilities.html

Current local offers:

1- Hotel Figueroa, downtown Los Angeles: Save 20% on stays of three nights or more, and toast to the season with two festive complimentary cocktails from the Holiday Bar Cart; offer code HOLIDA https://www.hyatt.com/en-US/hotel/ca...fercode=HOLIDA

Print Wikipost

Hyatt Discount Codes (many are Corporate)

Search this Thread

Old Mar 3, 2011, 11:53 pm

I'm going to Taipei in April and I was suggested to stay in Grand Hyatt.

Do you suggest trying using these codes?
Old Mar 4, 2011, 6:03 am

Programs: MR-Amb, Hyatt-Globalist, AA-EXP
Originally Posted by bubissimo
I'm going to Taipei in April and I was suggested to stay in Grand Hyatt.

Do you suggest trying using these codes?
This has been answered tons and tons of time in this thread, and even twice on the current page. See posts 353 and 355.

No, people generally do not recommend using these codes at international properties because they are much more likely to ask for ID. So few if any will suggest this and most will say use at your own risk.
Old Mar 4, 2011, 6:06 am

It works for the hotel I'm booking in Taipei: do you think it is a big risk booking with the code and not having a IBM ID?
Old Mar 4, 2011, 6:07 am

Programs: MR-Amb, Hyatt-Globalist, AA-EXP
It works for the hotel I'm booking in Taipei: do you think it is a big risk booking with the code and not having a IBM ID?
Yes most people think it is a risk to use corporate codes at international properties. See the other thread you posted this question in for more information.
Old Mar 4, 2011, 10:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Not at all go for it. Please let us all know how this plays out...
Old Mar 4, 2011, 11:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM & 2MM, SPG/Bonvoid LT Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, $tarbucks Titanium
If you work for IBM and the Global Travel Dept. booked it then why worry? @:-)
Old Mar 4, 2011, 12:55 pm

13717 IBM
Old Mar 4, 2011, 5:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Unless hyatt decides to enforce the rules we really can't stop the discussion on public forums whether we like it or not.
I do recall marriott's codes an iirc aa codes threads disappear at some point.
Old Mar 4, 2011, 11:04 pm
Moderator, El Al and Marriott Bonvoy, FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: SQ*G, Mar LTT, Hyatt Glb, AA LTG, LY, HH, IC, BA, DL, UA SLV
The risk is that you may end up paying rack rate if you are asked for ID and cannot produce it. Is this a risk you can live with?
Old Mar 4, 2011, 11:13 pm

Originally Posted by yosithezet
The risk is that you may end up paying rack rate if you are asked for ID and cannot produce it. Is this a risk you can live with?
that statement is obsurd. just walk out the door.
Old Mar 4, 2011, 11:22 pm
Suspended

Programs: Delta Diamond, United IK, AA LifPLT, Hyatt Globalist, IHG PLT AMB, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold, Hilton G
I use many different codes depending on which one gives the best rate at many interantional properties. In the last year or so, i have not been asked for a corporate ID, just my passport and credit card. In reality, you don't need to be an employee of the company, you could have any number of reasons to be using their rate, (i.e. job applicant, consultant, friend of employee, conference attendee, vendor, etc.).

Of course the ultimate risk is that they refuse the rate and you have to pay a higher rate. If that happen, for me I would suck it up for one night, and leave the hotel the next day and go to a cheaper hotel.

I have stayed many times at the Taipei hotel (on many different corporate rates), never asked for corp id. Don't worry, use the code.
Old Mar 5, 2011, 5:08 am
formerly known as 2lovelife

Location: ORF : UA_Premier_Gold4Life, Bonvoy_titanium, Accor_Plat
Originally Posted by yosithezet
Originally Posted by Colin
that statement is obsurd. just walk out the door.
I fully agree. They tried that scare tactic on a Fairmont thread, to encourage booking at a rate that gave commission. I'd like to see any example of someone being charged rack rate. It's an urban myth of you ask me.
Old Mar 5, 2011, 5:22 am
Moderator, El Al and Marriott Bonvoy, FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: SQ*G, Mar LTT, Hyatt Glb, AA LTG, LY, HH, IC, BA, DL, UA SLV
Originally Posted by seanthepilot
I fully agree. They tried that scare tactic on a Fairmont thread, to encourage booking at a rate that gave commission. I'd like to see any example of someone being charged rack rate. It's an urban myth of you ask me.
Urban myth? You must be joking. You can't really believe that.

Example?

Me - Sheraton Great Wall Beijing - IBM Rate - Rack

I've had other times when my rate was changed to rack before I had someone from IBM come to the hotel with me and argue with them. Where? Montreal, Hong Kong X 2.

Does it happen every time or all the time? No.

I didn't say that the poster shouldn't give it a go, I said that the risk they are taking is paying rack rate. (Or taking a walk and figuring out another place to stay)
Old Mar 5, 2011, 2:02 pm

Programs: AA 3MM EXP, SQ Solitaire, LH SEN, CX DM, Hyatt CC, Marriott LT Titanium
I would imagine that since they have your credit card as guarantee, even if you walk there is nothing stopping them from charging your credit card and saying that you were a no show...
Old Mar 5, 2011, 2:28 pm

Originally Posted by tfung
I would imagine that since they have your credit card as guarantee, even if you walk there is nothing stopping them from charging your credit card and saying that you were a no show...
exactly. there is nothing at all preventing merchants. not the merchants credit card agreement. not the terms on the reservation. not the dispute process. really nothing at all.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.