Hyatt Discount Codes (many are Corporate)

Subscribe
Quote: I think he's trying to say that he already has a coporate rate code and he entered that code into the "Corporate # Special Rate" Box on the hyatt.com reservations page. Hyatt doesn't just list corp codes on their website.

Exactly. Because they are what is known as 'volume' accounts. There are many many company rates, many more than I have seen talked about in these forums. They are contracted through Hyatt Sales and are meant for specific employees of particular companies; this information is usually faxed in by the company and filed at the front office for accounting + guest recognition purposes. The specified company then gets faxed back, on the day of or day before arrival, the rooming list for all their 'employees' utilizing their negotiated rate for the given date. Whether these companies have audited this information to the fullest extent, I am unsure of, but your identifying information, name, address, phone number, (not sure of gold passport number), as well as your credit card information that was used to guarantee/pay for the negotiated company rate, does in fact get forwarded to the company, per contractual agreement with Hyatt.
I know that my former employer, a very large non US-based multinational company (I am not sure if US-based companies are more careful due to liability issues etc.), doesn't really care whether or not the person using its hotel corporate rates (worldwide agreements with 2 different large hotel chains) is an employee. In fact the company secretly hopes that others (non-staff) use its corporate rate. The name of the game is volume and the more the volume the better the company's leverage on the hotel. That is why it is usually the hotels who insist on asking for company IDs or business cards (which I suppose anyone can print ... though I am not suggesting that FTers should go this route).

It is a little trickier w/ car rentals because the corporate rates usually includes automatic coverages that are only valid for business rentals. Even here my former employer encourages staff to use the corporate rate for private trips (on the condition that the renter notifies the rental car companies that they are not business related so that coverages don't kick in)

Quote: Exactly. Because they are what is known as 'volume' accounts. There are many many company rates, many more than I have seen talked about in these forums. They are contracted through Hyatt Sales and are meant for specific employees of particular companies; this information is usually faxed in by the company and filed at the front office for accounting + guest recognition purposes. The specified company then gets faxed back, on the day of or day before arrival, the rooming list for all their 'employees' utilizing their negotiated rate for the given date. Whether these companies have audited this information to the fullest extent, I am unsure of, but your identifying information, name, address, phone number, (not sure of gold passport number), as well as your credit card information that was used to guarantee/pay for the negotiated company rate, does in fact get forwarded to the company, per contractual agreement with Hyatt.
good rate for gh seoul?
does anyone know any place that i can get a rate of 165000krw or less for the grand hyatt seoul? i am going there for a while and my company only allows hotels up to 165000krw... they have a corp rate with hilton and marriott, but i really want to get some ffn's and renew my diamond membership, so any help would be great... pity the rooms are so small there though...

i might stay at the hr incheon on sunday nights when i arrive as i can get it for 160000krw... anyway, if you know any discount agencies or codes, please send me a pm.

thanks.
Discount/Promo Codes for GH/PH Melbourne?
Hi - was wondering if anyone knew of any discount or promo codes for the Grand Hyatt or Park Hyatt in Melbourne. I do most of my stays at Starwood, but I was thinking of giving one of these hotels a shot.

Thanks much in advance for your help!
Any current codes?
Also, keep in mind that even though a company may have a code, it may not apply to all properties, instead to only selected properties, where the business is operated. Also, some company codes specify that they can be used for sub's or independant contractors of that company.
Hyatt Discount Codes
I note that both the Hilton and the Marriott forums have discount code threads, but I can't seem to find one for Hyatt. Would anyone like to post a corporate or promotional code?

Thanks
Quote: I note that both the Hilton and the Marriott forums have discount code threads, but I can't seem to find one for Hyatt. Would anyone like to post a corporate or promotional code?

Thanks
I think FT might get overwhelmed and shut down with people rushing to post these codes for you....
Here ya go, try this one...........17500...................
Holy Smokes
13717 has some serious chicago discounts...THANKS! They are a customer of ours, and I can say I'm calling on them :-)!

17500...NICE!
The AAA rate is better than either of these codes for the locations/dates I'm checking.
Quote: The AAA rate is better than either of these codes for the locations/dates I'm checking.
I have found in some locations, like SFO, these codes give great rates whereas in cities like SEA they offer no benefit
Try
99800 And 12624
I haven't tried using discount codes w/ Hyatt previously but this is intriguing. Some of these codes are tied to various companies. Does anyone who has used these codes before know if Hyatt front desk staff ask for corporate ID upon check-in if a reservation is booked using one of these codes? For example, 99800 is linked to Daimler-Chrysler Purchasing...
Thanks! I've been reading FT Forums for a while; it's nice to finally be a member here.
Welcome to FT, Doug1972!!

Many -- possibly even most -- times, a hotel won't ask for proof that you are eligible for a corporate rate. Some hotels claim to check routinely, but that practice is definitely not universal.

Basically, if you do this, you have to be prepared to be asked to pay rack rate if you're caught, but experience suggests that you won't be caught that often.