Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Discount Codes (many are Corporate)

Old Nov 5, 2023, 4:48 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: TravelinSperry
Current Global offers:

1- Sep 6 2023 - End of football season 2024: receive 15% off at participating properties with the code GOJALIN15. News release here
2- Nov 3 2023: Earn 2X points and get 5% off. Book by December 5, 2023 for stays completed between Nov 3, 2023, and Apr 30, 2024. Use code STAYNOW to book. 659 participating properties shown here https://world.hyatt.com/content/gp/e...ibilities.html

Current local offers:

1- Hotel Figueroa, downtown Los Angeles: Save 20% on stays of three nights or more, and toast to the season with two festive complimentary cocktails from the Holiday Bar Cart; offer code HOLIDA https://www.hyatt.com/en-US/hotel/ca...fercode=HOLIDA

Print Wikipost

Hyatt Discount Codes (many are Corporate)

Old May 27, 2010, 8:11 am

Originally Posted by JFKSFOLAX_friend
"Pretty pressing evidence"? Won't a simple employee badge or business card do?

Or, do you need the CEO to call and grant permission?
Got asked for the approved corporate credit card and a business card, which was surprising If I'd left the company I'd still have my business cards but be up .... creek for the credit card.
Old May 27, 2010, 9:51 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Plat 2MM, MR Gold, Avis Pref
I still see a problem for those that don't have a badge and not all employees do

I also see a problem where (I know our company has for certain properties) Last Room Available rates which come in at the corporate rate; its not for all properties but we do have a list of those where if there is one room left, they have to give it to us at the corporate rate; other places is a certain number go at Corp rate 1 then it goes to corp rate 2 etc

its funny on the corporate card; policy requires us to use the corp card but I usually use a mileage earning (or hotel earning) card if I have one; i've never had the approved corp card thing pop up; i know it happens for the govt rate occasionally but not for the corporate card. I can't see a business card being proof; 1. I never carry them; 2. I still have them from my last company 15 years ago; having (or not carrying) a business card is the biggest joke of proof there is; plus anyone can make one; and some $10 an hour clerk is never going to know the difference
Old May 30, 2010, 3:46 pm
stc

Programs: DL 2MM Gold, AA Plat Pro; Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium (via SPG), IHG Plat
Originally Posted by m0hamed
I would strongly advise the use of a corporate discount code that you are not entitled to. No doubt that IBM would receive a summary of all reservations made under their code and at what property, and no doubt lurkers on here would be well aware of unauthorised use. In essence it amounds to fraud and I would not want IBM or Hyatt's legal department against me.
If anything IBM would thank you for increasing their volume so they get an even cheaper rate.
Old May 30, 2010, 3:49 pm
stc

Programs: DL 2MM Gold, AA Plat Pro; Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium (via SPG), IHG Plat
I can inform you that if someone checks into the Park Hyatt Sydney on a discounted corporate code, and I try to book a revenue stay, my rate will be higher than had they not used the code in order to stabilise the average room rate. This will occur at all Hyatt properties that operate with a floating rate of the day based on availability. So it does indeed affect you.
I have never seen the rack rate go up after booking a bunch of corporate rooms, so I think what you are saying is false.
Old May 30, 2010, 6:29 pm
Hyatt 10+ BadgeFour Seasons 5+ Badge

Programs: QF WP (OWE), VA PLAT, EY GLD, SPG PLAT, Hyatt DIA, Hilton DIA, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by stc
I have never seen the rack rate go up after booking a bunch of corporate rooms, so I think what you are saying is false.
Hyatt hotels have a floating rate of the day. Try ringing reservations and getting a reservation quote. Tell them you need to think about it and you will call back and they will inform you that "the rate is only guaranteed at time of booking, and subject to availability."
Old May 30, 2010, 11:15 pm

Programs: MR-Amb, Hyatt-Globalist, AA-EXP
Hyatt hotels have a floating rate of the day. Try ringing reservations and getting a reservation quote. Tell them you need to think about it and you will call back and they will inform you that "the rate is only guaranteed at time of booking, and subject to availability."
And the cable company tells me that their introductory rate of 29.99/month is only good til the 30th of the month, but yet it keeps reappearing each month. The difference between them saying this and it actually mattering is huge.
Old May 31, 2010, 1:30 am

another code 68083

Last edited by Markie; Jun 1, 2010 at 2:03 am
Old Jun 3, 2010, 8:11 pm

Programs: Golden Passport, Kris Flyer, Asia Miles, Golden Lotus Plus
Originally Posted by mule14
another code 68083

At what country do they work well?
Old Jun 5, 2010, 6:18 pm

Programs: 2mm+ UAL | Lifetime Titanium Marriott | Globalist Hyatt | SpireElite IHG
Anyone have a rate code for Oracle?
My company is being absorbed by the Borg currently, but no one seems to know where to get the code rates because our travel depts haven't merged yet
Old Jun 6, 2010, 11:31 am
skj

Programs: UA 2MM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by KevinS
Anyone have a rate code for Oracle?
My company is being absorbed by the Borg currently, but no one seems to know where to get the code rates because our travel depts haven't merged yet
Check with a pre-absorbtion Oracle employee ?

I know a few Oracle frequent travelers, and they tend to favor Marriotts. Not sure if it's a personal or corporate preference ...

Last edited by skj; Jun 6, 2010 at 11:52 am
Old Jun 7, 2010, 10:19 am

Programs: UA 1K, SPG Plat, Hyatt Diamond, NYC MTA Gold, AA EXP
Just call the 1-800 reseversation center and asked for "Oracle" or which ever corp rate you are interested in. Res agents won't give out the code, but they will book under the rate you have asked for and won't ask/challenge your eligibility
Old Jun 7, 2010, 2:20 pm
Suspended

Programs: Gold, plat, diamond and more
Some hotels control this tight, Im not sure if its only certain corp rates or in general, however this is the mail PH Shanghai send to employees of Louis Vitton;

Greetings from Park Hyatt Shanghai.

We are pleased to note you have a future reservation on xxxxxx, 2010 made through hyatt.com. I do kindly ask that you bring your valid working ID in order for us to be able to confirm the corporate rate at time of check-in which will be cross referenced with the company. Unfortunately of late we have been experiencing misuse of some of our corporate rates, with your company a target and we have had to implement tighter controls in this regard.

I greatly appreciate your understanding and support and look forward to welcoming you to our hotel.
Old Jun 7, 2010, 2:47 pm
Used to be bulldoggolfer05

Programs: HGP DMD, HHonors DMD, SPG PLT, MR PLT
Originally Posted by travelkid
I do kindly ask that you bring your valid working ID in order for us to be able to confirm the corporate rate at time of check-in which will be cross referenced with the company.
I can understand wanting to maintain rate integrity, however, I find this to be a bit over the top. While I don't know the particulars of this rate, Louis Vuitton is a global company with employees presumably all over the world. How the hotel would have the resources to verify every employee seems a bit far fetched, especially with huge companies like IBM. Also, does this rate extend to all employees of Louis Vuitton or just traveling executives? I cannot imagine that they would be able to verify that Sally Sue (who likely does not even have a corporate ID) working at the South Park Mall store in Charlotte, NC is indeed an employee.
Old Jun 7, 2010, 2:50 pm
Community Director Emerita

Regardless, I respect the hotel for reaching out proactively. If someone has no association with LV, but knew the code so booked using it, they can then make a decision to stay or not based on a publicly available rate.
Old Jun 7, 2010, 2:59 pm
Ambassador: Alaska Airlines

Programs: AS MVP Gold
Originally Posted by bulldoggolfer05
I can understand wanting to maintain rate integrity, however, I find this to be a bit over the top. While I don't know the particulars of this rate, Louis Vuitton is a global company with employees presumably all over the world. How the hotel would have the resources to verify every employee seems a bit far fetched, especially with huge companies like IBM. Also, does this rate extend to all employees of Louis Vuitton or just traveling executives? I cannot imagine that they would be able to verify that Sally Sue (who likely does not even have a corporate ID) working at the South Park Mall store in Charlotte, NC is indeed an employee.
It's highly unlikely they intend to perform a real-time lookup at checkin. This email seems to be mostly scaremongering in order to ferret out those using a corp discount to which they are not entitled.

At most, they might send over a list of names using the corp discount to LV headquarters. Even that seems like a lot of work when a simple email like the above is probably enough to convince most fraudsters to reconsider their illicit activities.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.