Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Regency London the Churchill REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hyatt Regency London the Churchill REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Oct 25, 2005, 11:46 am

Programs: AA, Hilton
What are the hours of operation of the Regency club at Churchill? For some reason, I recall hours being different at different Hyatts?
Old Oct 27, 2005, 4:04 am

Location: Baltimore - Hyatt Lifetime Diamond/Courtesy Card, UA 2M
During my visit last week, breakfast opens at 7 and runs to 11 on Sunday. I'm not sure about closing time on other days.

Evening food/drinks start at 6PM and run to at least 8, and probably 9PM.

There are other snacks during the day, and a fridge with water, soda and beer available. Also, a pretty good coffee machine.
Old Oct 27, 2005, 5:11 am

Programs: AC down to Orange lol, Marriott Silver?
Definitely a very nice property. I had talked to Tatiana a little and the staff at RC are nice.

Only complaint is that I have to ask for the Molton Brown toilettries I like even in RC floor since they use the so-so that I do not like and much.

BTW, how much should I tip the RC staff that actually does the drinks service?
Old Oct 27, 2005, 7:13 am

Programs: BAGold; AA3MMPlat; UA1MMGold; FBGold; MarriottAmb; AccorPlat; HHGold; ICPlatAmb; HyattDiscoverist
I believe breakfast is generally served until 11 on weekdays, too, but I think it starts earlier on weekdays.
Old Oct 27, 2005, 7:43 am

Programs: AA 3MM EXP, SQ Solitaire, LH SEN, CX DM, Hyatt CC, Marriott LT Titanium
I talked to a number of the staff there, and found that quite a few of them use to work in Hyatt properties in Germany. That could explain the rather "cool and standoffish" attitude...

the first time I stayed there in June, I was welcomed by a staff who just started working there that week, "to the Park Hyatt Hamburg"... haha...

Last edited by tfung; Oct 27, 2005 at 7:45 am
Old Oct 27, 2005, 2:15 pm
Original Poster

Location: DEN (Boulder) ~ UA 1K, Hyatt Diamond, US Gold, Marriott Platinum, Starwood Gold, LH SEN
Programs: Hyatt, United, Starwood, USAir, Marriott, Lufthansa, Hilton
Say hi to Tatitana! Tell her that Nicholas (baby BHH / grandbaby IHH) will be there for breakfast Saturday Morning.

IHH and Mrs. IHH are back there today after a few days at Hyatt Birmingham. They are up on RC.

Heard the weather is marvelous today!

Cannot wait to go tomorrow!
Old Oct 27, 2005, 7:38 pm
Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Cool Cool

Thanks to all who took the time to post here.
Enjoyed reading the feedback
Very excited about my upcoming stay which never happend this summer as a result of the British Airways strike
I will be celebrating my birthday here at the Churchill in January on the way to Cape Town South Africa.
A destination I have wanted to visit for many years.

Just a quick mention: As we all know there are cultural differences as we travel around the world.
I remember my first trip to London where I didn't see the most outgoing warm friendly people in the UK at first glance.But I believe a number tend in general to be a bit more reserved then us.You notice it right away when stepping aboard a BA flight and observing the flight crew.
I perceive if frequently as a touch of class.I find it refreshing.

Can tell you they are some of the greatest folks on the planet once you get to know them.
It sounds like the hotel is doing a great job in a number of key areas......Hopefully they won't run out of steam or the nice spread in the RC before my arrival
Cheers
Old Nov 10, 2005, 7:44 pm

Programs: UA LT 1K HYglob Marr LT Titanium
Have booked 3 nites using FFN for Christmas.Asked if 3 people could stay in the same room,was told OK,no extra charge,for the 3rd bed. We are all family with same last name (ex-wife and son).As a Diamond I suppose RC privledges will be granted for 2 or for 3 people.Does any one have a clue if three is pushing it, as properties vary on policy.Thanks
Old Feb 1, 2006, 4:06 pm

Thumbs up A stunning stay with a world class team

Greetings all,
I just returned from Africa today after many flights and layovers.
My favorite hotel stay of the whole trip was hands down the
Hyatt Regency London - The Churchill ^ :-: :-: :-: :-: :-:

Update
I don’t have much to add to what has already been said about the property but can say that while I have had newer more elaborate accommodations elsewhere I have simply never had a stay any better ever in London.
And I slept as well as I ever have in London. My congratulations to those responsible for putting the true Hyatt Touch back in London.
The only tie would be the former Relais and Chateau property 47 Park formally a Westin Partner and now a Marriott partner down the block.
And I still prefer the new Hyatt.
The rooms were better at 47 Park but they never had the terrace and/or the diverse and interesting staff.
The value of the Regency Club and restaurant downstairs is superb.
The food is very good in the lobby dining room especially considering London’s past dining track record.Here again the exceptional can do service was a standout.We enjoyed our meals every day here for lunch and dinner
Hyatt has met or exceeded some Park Hyatt standards and IMO has exceeded the former Carlton Tower.The sole exception facility wise being the health club

I am told that an extensive renovation plan for the rooms is soon to be in the works. I would like to see a better more fully equipped health club as well.
The restaurant is already a huge success having paid off its investment in a short time. It already ranks up there as one of my favorites. The lunch specials and early arrival dinner specials can’t be beat. Freshly baked bread is a stand out.
High tea in the afternoon has excellent warm scones. I would like to see the Regency club feature a high tea too.There is also a Michelin Star rated Italian restaurant that is wildly popular off the lobby as well.
The lobby says we speak to sophisticated travelers. It is classic yet at the same time contemporary and elegant. It doesn’t have obnoxious hip and trendy written in its design. It has just the right elegance combined with comfort. Something that will stand the test of time.
It is for today the only hotel I want to stay in London. And while the rooms do need some basic work the service IMO sets new global service standards for Hyatt and the industry. I went on to another hotel with private butler, state of the art facility, private complimentary chauffer and I still missed the staff at the Hyatt which goes to show you how at the end of the day it comes down to service and value. Hyatt has it right. For revenue or award do yourself a favor and enjoy London for business or pleasure.
London better plan on seeing me more often!

My gratitude to all at this property.
There was nothing I can think of that didn’t meet or exceed our expectations. We came as strangers and we left as valued friends of the hotel thanks to the entire Regency Club staff. My congratulations to the GM and management here for making it all look so easy. Every day the team on board delivered their personal and sincere best.
Let that always be Hyatt Touch going forward.What a great start to another year as a Diamond Hyatt Gold Passport member ^
Something tells me the best is yet to come for the Hyatt Rengency-The Churchill.
I plan to be there to cheer on the progress.They are simply well on their way Bravo

Cheers

Last edited by 777 global mile hound; Feb 2, 2006 at 5:08 pm
Old Feb 1, 2006, 7:04 pm

Originally Posted by lovtofly3
Have booked 3 nites using FFN for Christmas.Asked if 3 people could stay in the same room,was told OK,no extra charge,for the 3rd bed. We are all family with same last name (ex-wife and son).As a Diamond I suppose RC privledges will be granted for 2 or for 3 people.Does any one have a clue if three is pushing it, as properties vary on policy.Thanks
I stayed there last year with 3 in a room on FFN. They brought a rollaway and all 3 had RC access with any charges. YMMV.
Old Feb 1, 2006, 11:59 pm

Programs: UA LT 1K HYglob Marr LT Titanium
Originally Posted by tinnub
I stayed there last year with 3 in a room on FFN. They brought a rollaway and all 3 had RC access with any charges. YMMV.
Thanks Hyatt ..It was never a question had Regency Club level room assigned, with a rollaway brought in at no charge..Were all 3 given full given access to the lounge at no extra charge.Terriffic Club Level Mangement.
Old Feb 2, 2006, 10:49 am

Programs: Alaska 100K - MM, defender of shoes on the carpeted bulkhead 4ever, AA LT PLT, Hyatt Glob, HH Dia
I received a nice letter from the GM of the hotel a few days ago. I had filled out a comment card about the lack of bedside clocks and raved about the RC staff. He replied and said they were looking in on the clock situation. I really don't like the current clock situation (in the tv) - very not cool for a Hyatt of that caliber.

FWIW, I'll pay the 300 plus bucks a night to say here because the service is so good.

lala
Old Feb 2, 2006, 3:59 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, SPG Platinum, BA Gold
I stayed here when it was an intercon. I have a booking for next week for a weeklong stay.. Any changes (if any) has there been since it has been taken over by Hyatt?
Old Feb 3, 2006, 8:00 pm

Originally Posted by travelbear
I stayed here when it was an intercon. I have a booking for next week for a weeklong stay.. Any changes (if any) has there been since it has been taken over by Hyatt?
I can't compare having never been there before when the IC but you will be impressed by the lobby as well as the food and beverage service.
It has the Hyatt Touch of the future.
Hyatt has come in and brought a world class team of polished personable professionals.The Regency Club folks are the last word IMO
It was a surprise to have the honor or having Mr.Pritzker on the premises during my stay as well.
Perhaps that is why the service was so spectacular

Last edited by 777 global mile hound; Feb 6, 2006 at 8:02 am
Old Feb 19, 2006, 9:40 am

Question Any recent Platinum experiences?

It seems most of the recent posts are from Diamond level members.

Alas, I'm dropping down from Diamond to Plat for a forthcoming stay after February. Just wondering how Plat treatment is? It seems from reading reviews there are two Churchills-- the non club rooms which sound like non renovated rooms, and the better maintained club level rooms.

Insights for Plat treatment (i.e. room type, upgrades if any, RC access) appreciated.

TIA.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.