Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Regency Santa Clara REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hyatt Regency Santa Clara REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Jul 1, 2010, 11:35 am

Programs: UA1k;HH Gold;MR Gold
Even though I also had the $79 upgrade come up the call to the Diamond Dessk said no confirmed suite upgrades available.
Old Jul 1, 2010, 12:10 pm
Suspended

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, AA EXP, 2 mm, Marriott Gold
I've been upgraded to a suite 3 times at this property in 2010, without using a suite upgrade certificate or the E-Standby. The 1st time I asked at check in, the other two times the suite was blocked for me. The suites are nice sort of like a mini condo. I like the layout, sort of a L shape, there are 2 bathrooms, a dinning area, living room, a bar, nice entry way, and standard size bedroom. One suite had a large walk in shower, the other a bath/shower combo.

Originally Posted by jan_az
Even though I also had the $79 upgrade come up the call to the Diamond Dessk said no confirmed suite upgrades available.
Old Jul 1, 2010, 12:28 pm

Originally Posted by pdx_fam
I tried to apply a diamond suite upgrade yesterday for a stay here in August, but the diamond line rep. called the hotel and found that none were available.

I had the same upgrade come up.

I was advised to try again the first part of August to see if any became available.

Pehaps they are reserving them for paid upgrades before they give them to diamonds. If they only have eight, they probably don't have much trouble selling them out.
I posted this earlier in the thread....I spoke to a FD person about suite availability and was told that they're hard to come by since the hotel is attached to the convention center. With all the events and groups coming in, the hotel often gives the suites away to the groups as part of their contract.

Radiant Flyer seems to be quite lucky!
Old Jul 1, 2010, 1:04 pm

Programs: AS 100K, UA MM, AA MM, IC Plat Amb, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Explorist
Originally Posted by kenbo
I posted this earlier in the thread....I spoke to a FD person about suite availability and was told that they're hard to come by since the hotel is attached to the convention center. With all the events and groups coming in, the hotel often gives the suites away to the groups as part of their contract.
Indeed, I usually do my MR there on Fridays or Saturdays. You would think a business hotel would be dead on the weekend, but there is always something going on. Last weekend it was a martial arts convention, and on my previous stay, there was an Indian wedding. (I was tempted to crash the wedding for the food, but I behaved myself. )

Still, in 6+ stays at the HR Santa Clara, I don't think I've been given an upgrade once, not even to a balcony room. I suppose the price (< $100), diamond benefits (breakfast in the restaurant, 1W and DN bonuses), and proximity to my home make up for that.
Old Jul 1, 2010, 1:16 pm

Programs: UA 1k 1MM, AA Exec Plat, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, IHG Plat, Accor ?????
Originally Posted by mikew99
Still, in 6+ stays at the HR Santa Clara, I don't think I've been given an upgrade once, not even to a balcony room. I suppose the price (< $100), diamond benefits (breakfast in the restaurant, 1W and DN bonuses), and proximity to my home make up for that.
We've been given a balcony room twice, out of about 5 stays at HR SC. Maybe we just got lucky.

This is actually one of my favorite hotels, because of the convenient covered parking, nice views, and good breakfasts (but only when the lounge is closed).
Old Jul 1, 2010, 2:37 pm

Programs: SPG, Hyatt, Marriott, IHG, Hilton, AS, AA, JL, HA
Indeed, I usually do my MR there on Fridays or Saturdays. You would think a business hotel would be dead on the weekend, but there is always something going on. Last weekend it was a martial arts convention, and on my previous stay, there was an Indian wedding. (I was tempted to crash the wedding for the food, but I behaved myself. )

Hey, we must have been there on the same weekend! I was tempted to crash too, the dresses that those women attending the wedding were decked out in were simply spectacular, never mind the bridal party. Wow.

We were there on a Sat and Sun night ($79 AAA rate) and when I inquired as to whether or not there was a suite available they told me that suites for Sat were all taken due to the wedding but they could put us in one for Sun night if we didn't mind moving during the stay. We didn't, and the suite was very nice and just as Radiant Flyer described: a sort of L-shape with a very spacious master bedroom. Had a nice stay. Woud definitely recommend it for a MR or weekend stay.
Old Jul 1, 2010, 7:05 pm

I've never received an upgrade either and I've been there several times in the last month. Oh well...walking out of there with 4K points is a nice "consolation."
Old Jul 2, 2010, 11:25 am

Programs: UA MM, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by BigE
We've been given a balcony room twice, out of about 5 stays at HR SC. Maybe we just got lucky.
Ask at check-in, it usually works for me. However, the balcony rooms are much smaller, and frankly not that useful having the balcony.
Old Jul 2, 2010, 11:47 am

Programs: UA 1k 1MM, AA Exec Plat, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, IHG Plat, Accor ?????
Originally Posted by SoManyMiles-SoLittleTime
Ask at check-in, it usually works for me. However, the balcony rooms are much smaller, and frankly not that useful having the balcony.
I mostly agree. I like the balcony rooms because they are quirky (oddly shaped) and because I appreciate attempts at recognition of status. But they don't seem much better unless you really want to sit outside in the sun.
Old Jul 2, 2010, 12:20 pm

Can anyone tell me what they are currently offering as the Diamond Welcome amenity?
Old Jul 2, 2010, 1:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA ExPlat,EX-UA 1K, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat,
Originally Posted by DealDetective
Can anyone tell me what they are currently offering as the Diamond Welcome amenity?
They do, I always get 1K pts.
Old Jul 2, 2010, 2:56 pm

Programs: UA Premier Gold, Hyatt Diamond, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by DealDetective
I would recommend the cheese platter and with the full bottle of the Canvas wine. Sometimes at this hotel I request the food and beverage amenity and find that they also post the 1K bonus points to my account as well.
Old Jul 3, 2010, 5:51 am

Programs: UA1k3.00mm;AAex-EXP;Hy Glob;Acc Plt;HH Dia;Onyx Plt;Mar LT Tit;IHG DiAm;RR P;RRA G;BW D;Hcom G
Originally Posted by PokerHammy
That's strange the starting date changed. I don't have a screen shot but did receive double miles for my stay this month.
Thanks for the reply. I don't know if I'll be successful when I call GP without any proof.
Old Jul 3, 2010, 11:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA ExPlat,EX-UA 1K, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat,
Originally Posted by kevino
Thanks for the reply. I don't know if I'll be successful when I call GP without any proof.
Let me know if you get the G points
Old Jul 3, 2010, 12:57 pm

Programs: AA:PLT&3MM, HGP:DIA, SPG:GOLD
Originally Posted by kevino
I'm pretty sure. Miles and bonus miles, including AA25K bonuses, posted for my stays in June, except for last week which I'm sure will post in due time. In some cases, I've had to email my HGP personal liaison to get the bonus miles posted or switch from points to miles.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.