Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Manchester Grand Hyatt San Diego REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 7, 2020, 11:32 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: TravelinSperry
Lounge is on the 33rd floor of the older looking Harbor Tower, the one closer to the Marriott and Convention Center. Keycard access required and staff usually ask room numbers for breakfast and happy hour. $25 fee for bringing a guest to the lounge. There's apparently 24/7 keycard access for coffee, bottled water, computer use, etc. One bank of elevators serves floors 1-4 (meeting space, pools, etc.) and floors 29-40 (there's a view bar on 40 as well as a few rooms) while the other elevator bank on the Harbor side serves floors 1-4 and the lower room locations.

Breakfast ends at 9:30 weekdays, 11:00 weekends. Every day I saw bacon and some sort of sausage, hot eggs (scrambled plus trimmings to be added), raw ham, smoked salmon, croissants/bagels/bread varieties to be toasted, some cereal, IIRC oatmeal.

Midday snacks from 11:00 am to 3:00 pm weekdays, 11:30 am to 3:30 pm weekends.

Happy hour is from 5:00 pm to 9:00 pm every day, with a selection of *free* wine and beer between 5 and 6, followed by the same wine and beer offered in the form of an honor bar from 6 to 9. Each day the food presentation includes a hot protein (cilantro chicken, grilled teriyaki salmon fillet big pieces, chicken putensca, and salmon cakes during my stay), hot mixed vegetable dish, some other cold/salad dish of the day, salad bar including slices of chicken breast, asparagus, olives, etc. with two dressings of the day, and interesting small cakes (cupcakes or pieces) for dessert.

There's a $35 plus tax resort fee (Globs exempt)

- $10 nightly F&B credit - Top of the Hyatt, Brew30, Seaview, Sally's, The Landing

- 24-Hour Fitness Center Access

- Daily 1-Hour Bicycle Usage- Wheel Fun Rentals

- One (1) Kayak or Paddleboard rental per stay

- (1) shoe shine - joey's shoe shine (no boots or suede)

- Premium High Speed Internet

- Wifi in Meeting Space for group events

- 10% Discount on Spa & Salon Services at Marilyn Monroe Spa on 3rd floor of Harbor Tower one visit per stay

- Access to hotel’s recreational courts and equipment, e.g. basketball, volleyball, and games such as giant shuffle board, Jenga, connect four, foosball, corn hole around the pool

- VIP Shopping Pass: Free and discounted items from local shops and restaurants at Seaport Village shopping center located directly outside Seaport Tower

- Rollaway Bed Rental: King rooms only

- Unlimited Phone Calls: Local & domestic long distance

- (1) 1-hr ticket for Harbor Tour per room per stay – Tour is on a modern yacht, 360 views, indoor & outdoor seating, snack bar and full service bar scenic photo opportunities

- One Craft Beer at Brew30 per room per stay

Ten minutes by taxi to/from the airport, perhaps more at rush hour. Fare was under $15 to the far end (DL, AS, UA, etc.) of the newer Terminal 2. Fare from Gaslamp area to hotel is about $7, also assuming no traffic. It's about a 20 minute walk to the Midway Museum and the cruise ship terminal/excursion boat docks.

Print Wikipost

Manchester Grand Hyatt San Diego REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Mar 22, 2017, 9:48 am

Originally Posted by dm0506
Thank you for the feedback!

I checked rates through our employer website and found I could book a double queen room for $600 cheaper! Agh!

I don't think we would use $600 worth of food but it sure sounds convenient to pop in for breakfast, snack and drinks!!! Decisions!
Make the reservation through your employer and then reach out to the hotel directly. They'll usually let you add on club access for a reasonable fee (I've even had a hyatt before just comp it).

Also, I talked with some people at the club when I was there that were offered access for $60-$75 a day at checkin. I assume this is done when the hotel knows they aren't at capacity in the club.
Old May 5, 2017, 5:09 pm

For those that stayed in the hotel, is there any public parking near by? The parking fee is a bit high and I was hoping to avoid it if possible.
Old May 5, 2017, 10:13 pm

Programs: La Quinta Elite IHGSPIRE HH Diamond BW Diamond Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by ponickka
For those that stayed in the hotel, is there any public parking near by? The parking fee is a bit high and I was hoping to avoid it if possible.
This hotel is located downtown, on the waterfront, and adjacent to the Convention Center. That means parking spots are hard to come by. There may be cheaper paid lots in the area but I can't recommend anything specific.
Old May 6, 2017, 5:37 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by gadberry
This hotel is located downtown, on the waterfront, and adjacent to the Convention Center. That means parking spots are hard to come by. There may be cheaper paid lots in the area but I can't recommend anything specific.
Last time I stayed at this property with a car, I used ParkWhiz to reserve a parking spot for like $8/day but it was 8 blocks away from the hotel.
Old May 12, 2017, 5:52 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Plat 2MM, MR Gold, Avis Pref
I'm looking at this property for 2 adults, 3 kids ages 12-17 for a stay in mid July..

I'm looking at the signature suite but I'm having problems telling how many beds/sofa beds are in a SS.

the room details shows the following:

This spacious 1,040 sq ft suite offers a living space with large dining and seating areas and connects to one standard king or double bed room. Located on floors 4 – 9.

Am I to presume that is ONE double bed? Do these suites come with two doubles & a pullout couch which is what I'm seeking.

The hospitality suite states the following (and this is when I input 1 room, 2 adults, 3 kids)

This spacious suite offers a 1,050 sq ft living space with large dining and seating areas connected to one 340 sq ft premium view king or double bed room.

If not possible at the SS, is it available at the higher level suites?

I'm paying cash for the room, do not have any status and my search for a suite with at least 3 beds (inc sofa beds) in SD is based on location location location.

thanks
Old May 12, 2017, 8:29 am

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by TrojanHorse
I'm looking at this property for 2 adults, 3 kids ages 12-17 for a stay in mid July..

I'm looking at the signature suite but I'm having problems telling how many beds/sofa beds are in a SS.
It's a living room plus a regular connecting guest room. You can get the connector as either a king or two doubles. I don't believe there's a sofa bed.
Old May 12, 2017, 9:13 am

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold.
Originally Posted by Kacee
It's a living room plus a regular connecting guest room. You can get the connector as either a king or two doubles. I don't believe there's a sofa bed.
There is a sofa bed in the signature suite family room area, I believe its a queen or full size.
Old May 12, 2017, 11:48 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
Agreed with TYVOODOO - there is a pullout sofa bed. I would have guessed full size? Plus there's the other half of the L-shaped couch that doesn't pull out.

There is a HUGE amount of space in the living room. My kids liked taking a couple couch cushions to make "floor beds"
Old May 12, 2017, 11:49 am

Programs: AA Plat 2MM, MR Gold, Avis Pref
Originally Posted by tyvoodoo
There is a sofa bed in the signature suite family room area, I believe its a queen or full size.
Thanks

this is what I need too

I guess I need to call to verify
Old May 12, 2017, 2:18 pm

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by tyvoodoo
Originally Posted by jameswes
Agreed with TYVOODOO - there is a pullout sofa bed.
Thanks for clarifying. I was traveling solo when I stayed in one of these.
Old Jun 4, 2017, 11:23 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Platinum Pro, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Exploralist, Marriot Silver
Why "Manchester"?

A San Diego native and I couldn't figure this out and now it's bothering me. Why is it called the "Manchester" Grand Hyatt? Is that the old name of the hotel prior to flagging? Or is Manchester some geographical feature nearby?
Old Jun 4, 2017, 11:28 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Local Developer is Doug Manchester....
Old Jun 4, 2017, 11:30 pm

Originally Posted by SFOPhD
A San Diego native and I couldn't figure this out and now it's bothering me. Why is it called the "Manchester" Grand Hyatt?
Originally Posted by RTW1
Developer is Doug Manchester....
I thought all San Diegans knew this . . .
Old Jun 5, 2017, 10:18 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Platinum Pro, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Exploralist, Marriot Silver
Originally Posted by RTW1
Local Developer is Doug Manchester....
Thanks for the informative response!

I thought all San Diegans knew this . . .
Clearly not. I'm sure San Diegans that don't care about hotels, San Diegans who are little children, and many others group easily make "all" a bad presumption.
Old Jun 5, 2017, 2:24 pm

Soon to be ambassador Doug Manchester I believe

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.