Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Park Hyatt Milan REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Park Hyatt Milan REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Old Dec 6, 2016, 10:34 am

Originally Posted by RTW1
Why don't you wait with complaining after you actually stayed here? Go enjoy Milan...
Thanks, RTW1. You are right. We were surprised with a bright corner suite . The guest relations manager came to say hello and I mentioned we were there for our anniversary. So, she arranged to have champagne delivered to our suite while we were out. However, we do not drink alcohol. No problem, the kitchen replaced the champagne with a selection of juices and soft drink

The suite was very nice, large bathroom with double wash basins, separate shower (strong water pressures!) and bath (which we used each night after pounding the pavements all day), separate toilet & bidet. There was also an additional toilet off the lounge room. Breakfasts were great - one morning there were freshly fruit juices (strawberries, kiwi and pineapple).

Hotel location is unbeatable - very close to the Galleria and the Duomo. We walked everywhere - Milan is a lovely city. We particularly liked the Duomo, went up to the terrace. We got tickets to see the Last Supper - about 20 mins walk from the hotel to the church. We flew into Linate and took the bus from airport to stop near Duomo (cost 1.50 each) and walked to the hotel - easy peasy!

Overall, it was a most enjoyable stay.
Old Dec 6, 2016, 5:15 pm

Programs: AS Million Miler/Marriott Lifetime Titanium/ IGH Ambassador
Originally Posted by A1pax
Thanks, RTW1. You are right. We were surprised with a bright corner suite . The guest relations manager came to say hello and I mentioned we were there for our anniversary. So, she arranged to have champagne delivered to our suite while we were out. However, we do not drink alcohol. No problem, the kitchen replaced the champagne with a selection of juices and soft drink

The suite was very nice, large bathroom with double wash basins, separate shower (strong water pressures!) and bath (which we used each night after pounding the pavements all day), separate toilet & bidet. There was also an additional toilet off the lounge room. Breakfasts were great - one morning there were freshly fruit juices (strawberries, kiwi and pineapple).

Hotel location is unbeatable - very close to the Galleria and the Duomo. We walked everywhere - Milan is a lovely city. We particularly liked the Duomo, went up to the terrace. We got tickets to see the Last Supper - about 20 mins walk from the hotel to the church. We flew into Linate and took the bus from airport to stop near Duomo (cost 1.50 each) and walked to the hotel - easy peasy!

Overall, it was a most enjoyable stay.
And it's an easy drive to Lake Como from there!
Old Dec 6, 2016, 5:39 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Good to hear, it's a pretty nice property and location.
Old Dec 7, 2016, 8:17 am

Originally Posted by RTW1
Good to hear, it's a pretty nice property and location.
always a favorite. on issue it's too damn close to the fashion district allowing my wife easy access
Old Feb 14, 2017, 12:36 am

Had a few nights here on C&P ( DSU applied). It was my first time at this property. It would be hard to find a better experience: just lovely, elegant accommodation, absolutely first class service, delicious breakfast, wonderful location, completely quiet, great bathroom. Ticked all the boxes for me.
I only stayed here in the context of running down points/hedging bets in regard to the future of WOW. Glad I did and would do it again.
Old Feb 15, 2017, 9:39 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond; HHonors Dia; Langham Voyager; Marriot & SPG Gold; UA Gold; AA Plat
Stayed here with the wife on Euro trip in September ('16).

Perfect location, easy to walk everywhere - or take short cabs to other neighbourhoods.

Did a C+P with a DSU. Room 420. Enormous bathroom with separate shower, tub, and loo. fixtures were slightly dated, but not anywhere near as much as they are at PHT. King bed is not truly separated from Living room by a door, but it was set well back from it, and also fully hidden from entry door by full-length wall.

It's a not-very-big, boutique-ish size hotel. Beautiful breakfast space under the big, open domed-atrium. Epic breakfast spread, complete with salami-slicing machine. Everything you could possible want, including fresh juice bar (orange, apple, kiwi, strawberry, etc) and top-shelf quality. I always order Eggs Benedict, and here it was easily the best I've ever had - it is now the yardstick for me. Cooked-to-order dishes were included in the Diamond Breakfast. Waiter service at breakfast was impeccable. friendly and professional.

Front Desk was very helpful with directions, restaurant reservations, etc.

Will absolutely return to this property again.
Old Mar 25, 2017, 6:13 am

Stayed two nights on chase credit card rewards in early March. No status, we got two free welcome drink certs. They delivered free small box with a few chocolates each day.
Location perfect for visit to Milan, just a few minutes to the Duomo. Elegant, everything perfect, large bathroom with really large shower.
Old Mar 26, 2017, 6:42 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by walterj
Stayed two nights on chase credit card rewards in early March. No status, we got two free welcome drink certs. They delivered free small box with a few chocolates each day.
Location perfect for visit to Milan, just a few minutes to the Duomo. Elegant, everything perfect, large bathroom with really large shower.
I know this is a subjective question but is PH Milan the best in the PH brand family? I hear PH Vienna is at or near the top. Also PH NY in the top 5 list. Is PH Milan still on top?
Old Mar 26, 2017, 9:12 am

Originally Posted by PortlySpartacus
I know this is a subjective question but is PH Milan the best in the PH brand family? I hear PH Vienna is at or near the top. Also PH NY in the top 5 list. Is PH Milan still on top?
A lot depends on your personal preference. PHV use to be one of mine however they are changing and frankly not happy with those. Milan has always been a favorite as well. Vienna is superb. Dubai is quite the place to see as well.
Old Apr 16, 2017, 8:01 pm

Price Of Buffet?

Hi,
Could someone tell me how much the buffet costs?
Thanks in advance.
Old Apr 17, 2017, 11:36 am

Originally Posted by Big Mac
Hi,
Could someone tell me how much the buffet costs?
Thanks in advance.
Should be 50e more or less
Old Apr 19, 2017, 9:37 am

Originally Posted by edgewood49
Should be 50e more or less
Thanks.
That's quite... pricey...
Old Apr 19, 2017, 12:37 pm

Thanks.
it's Europe buying an American style breakfast is generally quite expensive in Europe which makes status a great benefit
Old Apr 19, 2017, 12:48 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

It's a PH in Milan.... that's what makes it expensive. Nothing to do with Europe in general.

They used to have something of a 30% discount for plat status members, maybe they still do.

Last edited by RTW1; Apr 19, 2017 at 12:55 pm
Old Apr 19, 2017, 3:38 pm

Thanks.
Based on my stay in March I would estimate the median net worth of guests in the hotel to be north of $10,000,000. Nobody was sweating the cost of breakfast.

This is not something you need to worry about, Milan is a great food town.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.