Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Park Hyatt Milan REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Park Hyatt Milan REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Aug 12, 2004, 7:01 pm

Can't beat the free nights though

Originally Posted by pdb
If I recall correctly, hotel parking was available at EUR26/night, although it might have been even more expensive. There are parking lots throughout the center, but expect no bargains. Breakfast is no bargain, either, at EUR32/person.

From a logistics standpoint, I'm not sure you are doing yourself and your family any favors by using Milan as a base. You will have to deal with lots of traffic--incoming and outgoing, and commuting (particularly to Genoa) will not be much fun. In addition, costs will be greater in Milan. While the hotel is certainly lovely, I can't imagine that you will be in a position to enjoy it so much with kids in tow. You might want to consider seriously hotels which are closer to your desired destinations--most include breakfast. You will certainly be giving yourselves more time at your destinations versus the autostrade.
Looks like this may not be a good idea to use as a base, however, I really can't beat the price of $0. I do realize that I'll have to pay the parking fee of 26E/night but it sounds like that's the going rate everywhere else. This won't be our only stop as we'll be doing Munich-Venice-Florence-Milan-Munich over a course of 12/13 nights and I'll have to allocate the $ for the other stops. Thx for the input and the heads up
Old Aug 12, 2004, 7:06 pm

Diamond breakfast comp

Originally Posted by pdb
...just to clarify. Even if you reserve 2 rooms, you will be be comped for only 2 breakfasts.
Is that because I get 1 breakfast per room and since I'll have 2 rooms 2 brkfst or is it 2 breakfast per room per booking?

I thought we were allowed 2 coupons per room max and since I'll have 2 rooms I'll get 4 coupons. In either case, I believe this may be a case of having to discuss with the mgr as I've often been given 4 coupons whenever I announce I'll have a party of 4 (Phoenix). Of course If I'm the only traveveller, they'll usually only give me 1 coupon.
Old Aug 12, 2004, 9:36 pm
pdb

Worth a try...but don't count on more than 2 cpns

Originally Posted by directcj
Is that because I get 1 breakfast per room and since I'll have 2 rooms 2 brkfst or is it 2 breakfast per room per booking?

I thought we were allowed 2 coupons per room max and since I'll have 2 rooms I'll get 4 coupons. In either case, I believe this may be a case of having to discuss with the mgr as I've often been given 4 coupons whenever I announce I'll have a party of 4 (Phoenix). Of course If I'm the only traveveller, they'll usually only give me 1 coupon.
2 cpns per Diamond (not per room) is the rule as I know it; however YMMV.
Old Aug 12, 2004, 10:21 pm

Talking Chance of a suite upgrade for a Diamond

So, what's my chances of getting a suite upgrade if I use FFN and/or points?
Old Aug 21, 2004, 12:39 am

PH milan comments?

i'll be in italy on vacation and was thinking of taking a side trip to milan to spend a night at the PH using my FFN and briefly taking in the sights. would this be even worth my while? or should i do it in GH hkg?

the only PH i've been to is chicago, so if anyone can compare milan vs chicago PH, i'd appreciate it.

a quick search revealed talk about the rooms being small, compliments about the PH milan being amongst the best and that its in a good location.

if i do this, it'd probably spend 2d/1n in milan, taking a train from rome or florence.

ps. what's the availability like in early fall?
Old Aug 22, 2004, 12:02 am

Programs: UA GS 2MM
Best Hyatt I have ever stayed at. Great location, good sized rooms for Europe and amazing bathrooms. The bathrooms themselves are bigger than some hotel rooms in Italy. As for making a trip for no other reason than to see the hotel-I don't know? Milan is not the greatest city (my opinion) in Italy and there are plenty of other places to see that would be more rewarding. You won't be dissapointed in the hotel stay and it is certainly one of the best uses of FFN's but if your time in Italy is short, Milan should not be on the top of your list.
Old Aug 24, 2004, 5:29 am

Programs: IHG RA - PC Plat - SPG Plat - Hilton Diamond - Sixt Plat
I have to say that I am Italian, living close to Milan and this way never had the pleasure to stay at PH Milan. Anyway, if it can be of some interest for this community, Italian press is awarding PH Milan as one of the best, most glamourous hotels in our country.
As far as it concerns Milan, I agree that Italy is full of artistic centres maybe even more interesting than Milan, but definitely the Dome and the Ultima Cena from Leonardo da Vinci deserves to be visited.
Then...I don't know if you are interested about it....but Milan is the capital of shopping (mode, accessories etc etc)....
If you have any question and I can be usefull somehow please let me know
Ciao
Luca
Old Sep 1, 2004, 5:43 pm

PH Milan for Diamonds, Upgrades?

Has any diamonds here stayed at this property and had luck with getting a suite updgrade?

I've burning some FFN's as well as points to stay here in mid-October and was wondering if getting a room updgrade for a Diamond is normal here.

Would appreciate any hints/tips on how to approach this so I can possibly get an upgrade.
Old Sep 1, 2004, 6:02 pm

Programs: AA/EXP 3MM; UA/1K; HY/DIA; SPG/PLT; Fairmont/Life PLT
Has any diamonds here stayed at this property and had luck with getting a suite updgrade?

I've burning some FFN's as well as points to stay here in mid-October and was wondering if getting a room updgrade for a Diamond is normal here.

Would appreciate any hints/tips on how to approach this so I can possibly get an upgrade.
My experiences at this hotel, and also for the PH Paris, are that they will upgrade you to a Park Deluxe without question. Suites only when asked. I had 2 stays at the PH Milan and 5 in the PH Paris....

I even scored a suite at the Paris during the fashion week!
Old Sep 2, 2004, 12:48 am

Originally Posted by jkc22
My experiences at this hotel, and also for the PH Paris, are that they will upgrade you to a Park Deluxe without question. Suites only when asked. I had 2 stays at the PH Milan and 5 in the PH Paris....

I even scored a suite at the Paris during the fashion week!
Can 4 fit in a Park Deluxe room? I'll be staying there with spouse & 2 kids. I had the spouse call & make arrangements and were told that we needed 2 rooms.
Old Sep 2, 2004, 3:21 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Can 4 fit in a Park Deluxe room? I'll be staying there with spouse & 2 kids. I had the spouse call & make arrangements and were told that we needed 2 rooms.
To my knowledge 2 rooms are needed. It seems the higher-end hotels don't allow for accomodating 4 people generally unless you pay for a suite or (even a super -- as in even more expensive -- suite).
Old Sep 2, 2004, 5:55 am

Programs: UA-Platimum 2 MM, HH-Gold, MR-Lifetime Gold, Hyatt-Discoverist
I was here in early July using a Hyatt Stay Certificate (US$239), I also had a 'suite upgrade' cert + was asking for early check in at 9am. They couldn't have been nicer, and when I asked about an upgrade to a suite using my cert, I was told one wasn't immediately available, but if I wanted to wait till later in the day, I could have one. They then mentioned that I had been assigned a large corner room--that was ready, and in fact it was probably larger than the suite would be. I took the available room and couldn't have been happier!
Old Sep 2, 2004, 10:05 am

Originally Posted by mauld
I was here in early July using a Hyatt Stay Certificate (US$239), I also had a 'suite upgrade' cert + was asking for early check in at 9am. They couldn't have been nicer, and when I asked about an upgrade to a suite using my cert, I was told one wasn't immediately available, but if I wanted to wait till later in the day, I could have one. They then mentioned that I had been assigned a large corner room--that was ready, and in fact it was probably larger than the suite would be. I took the available room and couldn't have been happier!
Wow! Wish I'll have the same luck.

I also have one of those suite upgrade coupons. My only question now- Since I have booked 2 rooms with FFN's & points (for 3 nights), if they honor the suite upgrade coupon can I choose to not use the 2nd room and not have to use the FFN & points for the 2nd room? Or did I set myself up for losing them regardless? Should I contact the goldpassport and let them know my intentions/plan?
Old Sep 19, 2004, 9:39 pm

Originally Posted by pdb
2 cpns per Diamond (not per room) is the rule as I know it; however YMMV.
Does this mean that if we are getting 1 room, but Mr. subdawg is diamond also, we will get 2 X 2 = 4 coupons for breakfast? Or max of 2 cpns?
Old Sep 20, 2004, 12:59 am

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Gold, AA Gold, UAL Prem
Phm

QUOTE=pdb]When I stayed at the property in February, I had inquired about the possibility of 3 in a room. I was told (politely, but) in no uncertain terms that 2 was the limit per room. After having stayed there--and from a practical standpoint--I cannot imagine more than 2 guests in a room, as the rooms are not that large. The bathrooms, on the other hand are enourmous, perhaps equal to or larger than the size of the bedroom in some cases.

If I recall correctly, hotel parking was available at EUR26/night, although it might have been even more expensive. There are parking lots throughout the center, but expect no bargains. Breakfast is no bargain, either, at EUR32/person.

From a logistics standpoint, I'm not sure you are doing yourself and your family any favors by using Milan as a base. You will have to deal with lots of traffic--incoming and outgoing, and commuting (particularly to Genoa) will not be much fun. In addition, costs will be greater in Milan. While the hotel is certainly lovely, I can't imagine that you will be in a position to enjoy it so much with kids in tow. You might want to consider seriously hotels which are closer to your desired destinations--most include breakfast. You will certainly be giving yourselves more time at your destinations versus the autostrade.[/QUOTE]

[B]Are there any day trips available from Milan. I'm interested in Florence or Pisa? I would appreciate any feedback.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.