Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Regency (Woodfield) Schaumburg - REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hyatt Regency (Woodfield) Schaumburg - REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Nov 2, 2005, 9:45 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, SPG Gold
Hyatt Woodfield

I've seen mixed reviews on this Chicago area hotel and here are my .02

I stayed there two weeks ago, one of my bed runs for FFN. It's probably the worst Hyatt I've ever stayed at. The carpet was stained, bed squeaky, unclean toilet, and worst of all, 2 bath towels with pubic hair.

It was very late at night and I didn't bother dealing with the night manager. I waited until check out before showing the desk agent the horrific towel. Agent took half off my bill, but that never showed up on my CC statement. I had to call accounts receivables and didn't receive a call until a week later. There's obviously room for improvement for every part of the hotel.

Oh and I didn't mention about the $7.50 per 15-minute internet usage in the business center.

All in all I'd say --- stay away.
Old Nov 9, 2005, 3:04 pm
Moderator: Luxury Hotels and FlyerTalk Evangelist

I am at this hotel again for 2 nights and have that odd (but acceptable) mini-suite the OP referred to.

There are some signs of managment inattention or unnecessary cost cutting since I was last here. Amenities not used much by the last guest may have been left in the room for me (they are sanitary given the way it's done, but if true, it's yucky), too many lightbulbs were burned out, no notepaper or pen next to the phone, etc.

On the plus side, the desk folk said they have a room remodel scheduled to start in the next 6-12 months.

Overall, still an acceptable hotel for its level, but in danger of dropping below the line if someone doesn't pay a bit more attention to detail.

Last edited by RichardInSF; Nov 9, 2005 at 7:43 pm Reason: correct slight errors
Old Jan 22, 2007, 1:24 pm

Programs: AA 2MM - UA 1P / Hyatt Diamond - SPG Plat / Hertz 5* - Avis 1st
Originally Posted by yyzgigi
Anyone have any recent experience with the hotel? The location seems ideal, wondering if I can tolerate the hotel. Anyone stayed in a real suite? I'm considering using a suite upgrade.
Gigi, my personal experience is that when I need to be in Schaumburg, I get my business done as fast as possible, and then I leave. The less time I spend in that HR, the happier I am.

If you have any other options for using your upgrade, then you should probably choose them over the Schaumburg HR.
Old Jan 22, 2007, 1:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott/Lifetime Titanium Hyatt/Explorist, Hilton/Silver, IHG Spire,UA Gold
Perhaps you all have higher expectations than I do when it comes to a suburban business hotel. I have stayed here several times and always found the hotel to be clean and well run. It is not scenic, beautiful or overwhelming, however, if you need to stay in Schaumburg, it is perfectly acceptable. I would say it is very similar to the Hyatt's in Indy, Cincy, and Minneapolis.
Old Jan 22, 2007, 9:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT Gold, DL SM, HY Disc, Marriott LT Gold
They have a great weekend rate right now if you like any of the mall shops across the street (at least those who take AMEX). $119 but with a $50 Woodfield gift card and a 2000 point promo. Accounting for the tax on the card value, it's $86 all-in for about 3500 points.

As a Diamond I got a "suite" which was really an oddly shaped inside corner room with the sitting area split away from the bed, and two TVs. The hotel is a bit worn out, but the staff is very friendly. They also gave me a breakfast buffet coupon as a Diamond, but I wouldn't have paid cash for the buffet.
Old Jan 25, 2007, 11:13 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diam Hertz Gold
I believe this property has two type of suites a petite suite and a VIP suites. As stated before the petite suites are basically a oversize guest room with a small not so comfortable seating area. (Most likely what you would get when using the suite upgrade cert). I have stayed in a VIP before, but nothing special other than it has alot of extra space.
Old Oct 1, 2009, 11:56 am

Programs: UA MM, QF Plat, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott
So does this property have a lounge or not. Also, if no lounge, I'm assuming I'll receive the 2,500 points and breakfast certs as a diamond?
Old Oct 1, 2009, 2:15 pm
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

Originally Posted by bschaff1
So does this property have a lounge or not. Also, if no lounge, I'm assuming I'll receive the 2,500 points and breakfast certs as a diamond?
Doesn't look like there is a lounge. You'll get Diamond Breakfast certs but although some people have reported getting the 2,500 points that really is for a property with an operating lounge but you are denied access.
Old Dec 29, 2009, 8:29 pm

Programs: UA Plat, TK Gold, *G
HR Woodfield- RANT

WARNING: RANT

On December 26th, we checked into the Hyatt Woodfield in Schaumburg, Illinois. When we approached the Front Desk, we realized that our reservation (made with central reservations over the phone) had been lost! After about 10min on the phone, the Front Desk agent made a new reservation. However, the Diamond Confirmed Suite Upgrade was lost in translation and the Front Desk agent could not apply it.. So, were given a Deluxe Room with one King Bed. However, after seeing the room, we realized that it was located next to an electrical room and the noise would make sleep difficult. After explaining this to the Front Desk, we were given another Deluxe room in a different wing of the hotel. As soon as we got to the room, we realized that the hotel is symmetrical and that all Deluxe Rooms are located near the noisy electrical rooms! After explaining this once again to the apathetic Front Desk staff, we took a standard room away from all the noise. We had lost over an hour to check-in and to get a suitable room!

However, the real troubles started later that evening. At about 4AM we both woke up from a cold draft coming from the window of the room. We proceeded to barricade the window with pillows and throws, which still did not prevent the cold air from coming in. At about 5:30, we took all the pillows from the window sill and attempted to barricade ourselves in our beds (I should really have took a picture of this!). Anyways, we were unable to sleep and spent many hours trying to fight this cold air.

To top everything off, the internet was down the following morning and I was denied a late check-out.

Not a single apology from anyone for anything!

Ohhh, and when I checked my credit card online today, I found out that they charged me twice. So, apparently my phantom reservation did pop up during the night audit!

I am currently taking this pitiful hotel to Hyatt Corp!

Avoid like the plague!
Old Mar 30, 2010, 8:06 am

Recent Stay

I stayed here last weekend. The rate was really cheap (I think about $80). It was as any reasonable person would expect of a hotel of this type: clean, comfortable, but nothing special. I also found the staff to be very friendly.
Old Jun 10, 2010, 10:53 am
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

Originally posted by Converse34 in another thread:

Hyatt Regency Woodfield
Stay - 1 night
Property Rating for Chicago Suburbs - #4
Would maybe stay again

This property is located on Golf Road right across from Woodfield Mall. We were literally staying for 6 hours, so not a lot to report. Since we would be leaving before breakfast opened in the morning, they allowed us each to pick out a bagel or muffin and a drink from the coffee stand. I thought this was nice. The room was a slightly upgraded king and was ok, with some parts being refurbished and other things not. The bathroom counter was neat looking (rocks with a clear glass top) and the shower head was new. The bathroom door looked old and warn and the room looked out of place as there was only a small single chair to watch tv but there was space enough for a small sofa. It looked out of proportion. Walk up call was by a live person and on time.
Old Jun 10, 2010, 5:55 pm

Programs: DL Diamond; SPG Platinum; Hyatt Diamond; Hertz Presidents Circle
Hyatt Woodfield Schaumburg IL

Was pleasantly surprised this PM. Had stayed here last year(usually stay at local Westin) and was somewhat iffy on the property. As I am trying to re-hit my Diamond again for this year I am a little Hyatt focused right now.

Got to hotel around 4:30PM and was upgraded(not requested or using one of my suite upgrades) and got put in to a great corner suite with a high dining room table and seating for 6(will not use), a great sitting area with a Flat screen TV and a bedroom area with a nice Flat screen as well and bathroom with huge, deep pool.

Not sure if they have gone through recent upgrades to the property since my stay here last year, but this may be back on radar for a preferred location in the Western Burbs of Chicago.

Take care, Travel Safely. BHawk.
Old Jun 26, 2010, 7:05 pm

Well I have a lousy review to give as a Diamond with a weekend stay at this hotel.

No room upgrade given at all, make two follow up called to the desk to see if anything better has opened up to no avail.

Our room window faces out to another rooms balcony, what a tease.

Hotel claims to be sold out but yet they are still selling rooms for $71 night. High doubt they are sold out.

Smokers are a plenty at this hotel. They have a lot of smoking areas. Many which violate Illinois state law in regards to having smoking areas too close to entry doors.

They also allow smoking in the pool area.

We had dinner at the restaurant. Called down at 4:30 and they said they open at 5pm but we could come down now and they would accommodate us. So we go down and no one was there so we just left and decided to come back at 5. Then we get there at 5 and get seated promptly, the restaurant is empty. Our food was ordered at 5:10 and did not come out till well past 5:40, totally unacceptable!

Hallways are very loud, you can hear doors banging throughout the night.

I may give this hotel another try but if they do not improve I will stick with the Hyatt Lisle and Regency O'hare

Last edited by gomike; Jun 26, 2010 at 7:25 pm
Old Apr 8, 2011, 8:59 pm

Programs: MRSPG LT Tit, HH Diamond, Hertz Pres.
MAN, I thought the home of Hyatt would have better properties.

I will be in IL next week here, Lisle and the HP in Mishawaka. It appears the HP is the best property
Old Apr 10, 2011, 6:17 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, AA Plat Pro, MR LTP, others from cards
The hotel really isn't too bad, as low end suburban Hyatts go.

There was a fairly recent renovation. The staff are friendly, everything is clean and the location is good for shopping. The lobby and restaurant now look quite smart. There's a decent sized indoor pool and another mostly outdoor one that's presumably open when its warmer. They offer breakfast coupons, an internet code, and a 2pm checkout without having to ask. The breakfast is an unremarkable buffet. Shuttle service. It's true that the heating seems hard to regulate.

The only upgrade they seem to have for me is a "deluxe" corner room on the top floor, with a big sofa and a fridge, but I think that's just the floor plan rather than a dislike of Diamonds.

I'd rank it above Deerfield and Lisle, below O'Hare, and about even with Rosemont (it has a pool, which Rosemont doesn't, but is otherwise inferior). Unlike O'Hare the parking is free.

For the right price, about $45 in a 48 hour sale, I've got no complaints. And I would take this over ANY Hyatt Place.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.