Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Regency Savannah REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Hyatt Regency Savannah REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Old Nov 1, 2015, 12:18 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond
Great stay

I had a great stay as well. I was upgraded to a suite using points. All the staff was very friendly and knowledgeable. Nice rooms.
Old Nov 21, 2015, 8:16 am

Does this hotel, and/or the Andaz, have an executive lounge?
Old Nov 21, 2015, 6:03 pm

Programs: UA-GS; WN A-list;Hyatt - CC; Hertz - PC
Hyatt Savannah REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Neither have a lounge, I virtually lived out of both during 2013, the regency just finished major interior upgrades and the hotel is great now imho, I always liked the and az as well although the rooms are smaller than what most would be used to at an and az...both locations have very attentive staffs. Parking is expensive at both locations.

The one bad to both is that food is lacking as there are so many great resteraunts in walking distance
Old Nov 26, 2015, 6:44 am

Just returned to this property after a four year absence. As a diamond I was put into a second floor balcony / riverview room. The rennovations were decent, bathroom now has a glass door shower instead of tub / shower combo. Fog free mirror and standard modern hyatt features in bath. BR rennovation is fine, room is very functional, but unremarkable.

The public areas of the hotel were shined up, but it smessentially the same as four years ago. Valet parking was $26 -- outrageous for anywhere in the South except for Savannah.

FDC was clear that room service was an option for diamond breakfast. Since I didn't have a morning schedule I decided to eat in the restrauant and found the buffett to be above average and appropriately Southern (e.g. grits and biscuits and gravy) The service was OK, but there was no staff at the omlet station for the 45 minutes I was there. The wait / FD staff were the first in about 10 stays to get my diamond breakfast billing correct.

I have always loved the hotel because of the shipwatching, so I overlooked the condition of the rooms. Fortunately, the hard product is now in much better condition. I think the HR Savannah is on roughly the same quality level as the HR New Orleans (but there is no lounge here). HR Savannah is now a property that I would recomend to non-shipwatchers.

Last edited by BobR; Nov 26, 2015 at 7:11 am
Old Nov 26, 2015, 7:02 pm

Which is nicer for a Diamond? Hyatt is a bit cheaper on points ...
Old Nov 26, 2015, 7:19 pm

Programs: MRSPG LT Tit, HH Diamond, Hertz Pres.
Do them both. I was in the Andaz this summer and loved it.
Old Dec 15, 2015, 12:15 pm

Programs: Aeroplan
Originally Posted by DENflyer3
Neither have a lounge, I virtually lived out of both during 2013, the regency just finished major interior upgrades and the hotel is great now imho, I always liked the and az as well although the rooms are smaller than what most would be used to at an and az...both locations have very attentive staffs. Parking is expensive at both locations.

The one bad to both is that food is lacking as there are so many great resteraunts in walking distance
Old Dec 15, 2015, 12:18 pm

Programs: Aeroplan
Savannah Visitor Center sells one (24 hours) day or two (48 hours) parking permits good for in-out at all municipal parking garages, lots, and most meters. It is nearly 1/2 the price of overnight garage parking price (better for the two day permit). Great deal for weekdays and a good deal for weekend garage parking.
Old Oct 11, 2016, 11:12 pm

Programs: DL-DM/1MM, HILTON-DIA, .HYATT-DIA/GLOB , IHG-PLT,HERTZ 5*, NATIONAL ES
Stayed in Savannah last week at this hotel for one night. Valet is convenient, but expensive.

Front desk was friendly, but seemed to be a little too insistent that my partner and I would prefer 2 Queen beds as opposed to the King that we booked.

Room was "upgraded" with a view of the river and street.

Breakfast was in the restaurant and was quite nice. Friendly staff and good food. Grits not quite as good as New Orleans French Quarter, but not bad...

Overall a good stay.
Old Oct 12, 2016, 3:59 pm
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Also stayed here last week, fleeing Hurricane Matthew when evacuations began on Hilton Head.

Received a great corner room overlooking the river and River Street. The tankers passing by were a TON of fun to watch from the room while I worked.

Breakfast was equally delicious- a nice spread and covered 4 people (despite their being only two people in my room).

Gratuity wasn't taken off at checkout.

For self parking, save a few bucks and park at the garage near the Andaz. It's $16 per day.
Old Apr 19, 2017, 5:33 pm

Programs: DL GM, Marriott Lifetime Gold, Hertz 1CG, Caesars Diamond
As a long-time Savannah resident, we all think this hotel should be torn down as an eyesore
Old Sep 19, 2017, 7:01 pm
Community Director Emerita

I looked for award space here. Only an atrium view was offered. Is that common?
Old Sep 19, 2017, 8:28 pm

Programs: UA Plat MM, AA Gold MM, Marriott LTT, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by SanDiego1K
I looked for award space here. Only an atrium view was offered. Is that common?
Be careful about occupancy, check what is available for sale. I don't remember if the award room was atrium.

I booked a one night stay on award in August. When I showed up in the evening, there was only room with 2 double beds available. I even had to ask front desk to find a basic room with a king bed, street view. So absolutely no upgrade.
Old Apr 1, 2019, 6:41 pm

Was told by a friend that stayed here at the Regency in the last 6 months who was given complimentary valet parking as a Discoverist? I tend to think the free parking was due to something else but was told it was due to being Discoverist (and above i assume)?
Old Apr 1, 2019, 7:06 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by DeltaNeutral28
Was told by a friend that stayed here at the Regency in the last 6 months who was given complimentary valet parking as a Discoverist? I tend to think the free parking was due to something else but was told it was due to being Discoverist (and above i assume)?
Globs get free parking on award stays. The hotel could be confused and not charge for parking on any (elite) award stays.
Brendan likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.